Hawaii Sportsman
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Meat grinder

3 posters

Go down

Meat grinder Empty Meat grinder

Post  PORKHUNGRY Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:45 pm

Howzit just wanted some advice on getting a meat grinder.I like learn how make some sausage's so was looking for some advice. Just curious if da grinder comes with the sausage stuffer or gotta purchuse these things as 1 kit. Don't know anything so figure I try ask.

Aloha porkhungry clown
PORKHUNGRY
PORKHUNGRY
small kine choppers
small kine choppers

Back to top Go down

Meat grinder Empty Re: Meat grinder

Post  CAVE CANEM Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:32 pm

Howzit PorkHungry! I don't have much experience making sausage but from what I've heard if you plan on pumping out some meat you should definately get the plug in one unless you planning on using um as an excercise machine also! Laughing I get a bunch of catalogs from a class I took a few years back and 1 of them is from http://www.lemproducts.com/shop_online ,They've got quite the load of nice stuff!

I believe you have to buy all your pieces seperate and it probably would be better this way so you could get the different size blades and tubes for different meats. I also would reccomend trying to find someone with experience to teach you about the ratios of meat to fat and how long to smoke. It seems like an art to get um nice and juicy with the perfect juices adn when you get um right you really can enjoy a sausage from another perspective. Good luck and I am sorry I couldn't be any more help. If I find a couple more of those catalogs I will post up the names for you to check out.
CAVE CANEM
CAVE CANEM
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  uka boaz Tue Apr 20, 2010 1:27 am

Aloha porkhungry, you can also find some meat grinders on www. cabalas.com it all depends how deep you like get into it. it gets pretty pricey by the time you get all the items you need to make sausage. Ive got a hobart comercial grade grinder it has 3 sizes of plates to select how fine or coarse you want your meat ground up l prefer the coarsiest plate which mine is 1/2 inch grind the meat tends to be really chunky almost close to handcut & hand stuffed sausage. you see in the old days its was all hand cut, you can also buy a sausage stuffer tube for your grinder to stuff your casing with but l prefer to use a hand or crankdown stuffer because if you use the meatgrinder to stuff its almost like you grinding the meat a second time and it becomes too fine like hamburger and l dont like that texture. the hand or crankdown stuffer will assure you the meat stuffing will not be alterd............ So the process is you cut your pork into strips like youre going to make smokemeat you sendt it thru the meatgrinder into a large enough mixing container where you can add your seasonings and let it marinate at least afew hours to overnite at most. l turn over my meat every Hour to a few times at least to assure even seasonings to the entire batch.also if the pork is too lean l will add a few pounds of HAND CUT PORKFAT , the reason l hand cut add on fat is it tends to turn out mushy........... while waiting on the meat to marinate l will prepare the casing to stuff the the meat into, you can buy casing at your local super market, theres beef or pork casing to choose from l like pork over beef you can make more sausage with pork casing where as the beef casing way larger in girth or diameter and will require more meat stuffing to make the sausage ring take note that you dont want to make a really large sausage it tends to break and fall apart while smoking. youll need to rinse out the casing really well cause its packed with rocksalt in side and out make sure you take your time with this process and do a good job rinsing or the salt in the casing will alter your meatstuffing.. fill your sausage stuffer with filling until it reaches the tip of the sausage tube stop.slide on casining onto the stufffing tube. tying the very end securly and provide enough length to tie again after the ring is complete.Have a helper crankdown on stuffer while you hold the sausage end beinng formed give a little tension holdingback the sausage enough to let it gently pack itself with the filling not too rough or it will break. let the ring form its circle to complete the ring now tie off the remaining end ....tie a new string about 2inches away from remaining casing to start a new sausage ... now cut in between ends of both tied off strings and congradulations you made it thru... alohaze there pork hungry and l taste um already auwriteeeeeeee..........Jr
uka boaz
uka boaz
small kine choppers
small kine choppers

Back to top Go down

Meat grinder Empty RE

Post  PORKHUNGRY Tue Apr 20, 2010 7:55 am

Aloha Jusacruzah, & uku boaz going check em out thanks 4 da info now gotta find out how long 4 smoke em & how da fire should be.

THANKS AGAIN PORKHUNGRY clown
PORKHUNGRY
PORKHUNGRY
small kine choppers
small kine choppers

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum