Hawaii Sportsman
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DLNR ANNOUNCES THE 2010 LANA‘I MOUFLON SHEEP HUNTING SEASON

2 posters

Go down

DLNR ANNOUNCES THE 2010 LANA‘I MOUFLON SHEEP HUNTING SEASON Empty DLNR ANNOUNCES THE 2010 LANA‘I MOUFLON SHEEP HUNTING SEASON

Post  Instinct Fri May 14, 2010 10:25 pm

HONOLULU -- The Department of Land and Natural Resources announces that applicationforms for the 2010 Lanai Mouflon sheep hunting season, together with instruction sheets, are available at all Division of Forestry and Wildlife offices statewide.
“It is imperativethat hunters obtain and pay particular attention to the hunt instruction sheet and
addendum for more changes in the application process,” said Laura H. Thielen, DLNR chairperson.

The 2010 Lanai Mouflon sheep season will consist of three hunts. Deadline for submitting
applications is 4 p.m. Friday on May 28.

The Archery Only Hunt will be held over eight consecutive days, beginning July 31, 2010 and
ending on August 7, 2010.

The Muzzleloading Hunt will be conducted for two consecutive weekends (Saturday and
Sunday), August 14 and 15, 2010 and August 21 and 22, 2010.

The General Rifle Hunt will be held over nine consecutive weekends (Saturday and Sunday),
beginning on August 28, 2010 and ending on October 24, 2010.

Hunter assistants will only be allowed to accompany hunters who are senior citizens (age 65 or older) or disabled.The bag limit for the 2010 Lana‘i Mouflon Sheep Season will be two Mouflon sheep (one ewe and one ewe or atypical/non-typical ram) per hunter per season (regardless of the type of equipment used). Upon check in, hunters will be issued both tags. All heads of rams harvested must be disposed of in the trash bin provided by the State of Hawai‘i located at the Lana‘i hunter check station.There will be no lottery drawing of permits conducted for the Archery Only Hunt and no limit on the number of archers who will be allowed to participate. However, interested archers must apply for this hunt by submitting an application for a permit.

Hunters participating in the Archery Only Hunt will not be allowed to apply for, or participate in, either the Muzzleloading Hunt or the General Rifle Hunt lotteries. Participation in the Muzzleloading Hunt and General Rifle Hunt will be assigned by lottery drawing. Interested
hunters may apply for either the Muzzleloading Hunt Lottery or the General Rifle Hunt Lottery, but may NOT apply for BOTH. The lotteries will be held on Monday, June 28 at the State building in Wailuku, Maui (muzzleloader drawing at 11 a.m. and general rifle at 12 noon.) Archery hunters may check in on the Friday preceding the first day of the Archery Only Hunt or daily during the hunt between the hours of 7:45 a.m. and 3:30 p.m. to validate permits and receive their tags.

All archery hunters must check-out of the hunting area daily and report their take or their intent to hunt the next day providing their tags remain unfilled. For hunt rules and details go to http://hawaii.gov/dlnr/dofaw or contact the Division of Forestry
and Wildlife offices at: (808) 587-0166 (Honolulu), (808) 984-8100 (Maui), (808) 274-3433
(Kaua‘i) or (808) 974-4221 (Hawai‘i).
Instinct
Instinct
Piglet
Piglet

Back to top Go down

DLNR ANNOUNCES THE 2010 LANA‘I MOUFLON SHEEP HUNTING SEASON Empty Re: DLNR ANNOUNCES THE 2010 LANA‘I MOUFLON SHEEP HUNTING SEASON

Post  bigislandhunter Sat May 15, 2010 2:54 am

lets hope a lot of guys attend and can control the Polled rams, then maybe we can get a good Mouflon season in! Good luck to all that is going!
bigislandhunter
bigislandhunter
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down