Hawaii Sportsman
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Question?????????

+16
always packin neva ackin
ALMIGHTYBOARHUNTAH
BUBBA'S HOG DOG'Z SUPPLY
ShannonChun
braddah mike
SAVELLA BLOOD
CAVE CANEM
UpFront
REVOLUTION
trackandgrab
kuniole pua'a!!!
Huntaz Of War
Kristi Cabana
volcano mustang
lockaz
Uncle Sam*
20 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Question????????? Empty Question?????????

Post  Uncle Sam* Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:25 am

What makes a real hog hunter? Hawaiian style...Just curious! What is your opinion on the difference between Hahai pua'a and a Hollywood Hunter?

Uncle Sam*
Piglet
Piglet

Back to top Go down

Question????????? Empty Re: Question?????????

Post  lockaz Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:43 am

hooly wood is guyz how run road and real huntaz go deep inda bush and and slam but main thing you haveing fun i guss clown
lockaz
lockaz
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  volcano mustang Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:54 am

hahai puaa is one guy who hunt for food for the family and loves the sport....a hollywood hunta is guys who go one time catch one pig with someone else come home grab one dog from the side of the road build one dog box on his truck and cruz down town...also a real hunta catches/carries and cleans his own game..hollywood guys cut the jaw and hang um on there fence....thats my opinion...dont forget your dogs...they make the real hunter...

volcano mustang
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  Kristi Cabana Sat Sep 11, 2010 9:01 am

IMO REAL Hog Hunters are those who love & respect the sport without HATING on the other players in the game.
Like I always say, we get enough HATERS out there who know nothing about hog hunting...there's no need to HATE on each other.
I have love & respect for EVERYONE who takes good care of their dogs who work so hard.
Now THOSE guys and gals are TRUE Hahai pua'a!!
Very Happy
Kristi Cabana
Kristi Cabana
Piglet
Piglet

http://www.haynhogdogs.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Huntaz Of War Sat Sep 11, 2010 9:25 am

well 2 me there are 3 class of hunters there are Huntaz who walk the walk and talk the talk back up their dogs and there pack and then u get HUNTERS that hunts with bows and stalk pigs with skills and then u get outlaw HUNTERS guys that kill pigs for the hell of it take the jaw and dump the rest guys that have no respect for the mountain and them selfs so for me Hollywood Hunters fall in the same class as Huntaz and Hunters because now and then we hunt mountains and mountains with roads in it so i must be one hollywood hunta cuz i do both but i love and respect the sports...so wat im trying to say is there so many kind of huntaz out there....Aloha
Huntaz Of War
Huntaz Of War
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  kuniole pua'a!!! Sat Sep 11, 2010 3:00 pm

Uncle Sam* wrote:What makes a real hog hunter? Hawaiian style...Just curious! What is your opinion on the difference between Hahai pua'a and a Hollywood Hunter?
aloha guys l believe what defines a Hahai pua'a hunter and sets him apart would be he was taught by example and now his" kuliana "responsibility" is to lead by example when we we're growing up all the male keikis from my dads brothers and sisters which they had 11 in all would be round up and we we're taught how to hunt and fish and gather certain delicatcies when in season, but back to hunting pua'a wild pig was one of our main food source that we depended on every friday night we would come together at my tutu's house with our hunting gear and after dinner we would prepare for the next day to hunt we would only hunt mauka from where our tutu mans house was which was in piihonua ,big island we was taught to always give back and preserve our resources when we take one rule was never kill a hapai sow she will be allowed to go free all the 1/2 size pigs would also be let to go free as well as skinny kine young boars under 100 pounds would be castorated and set free unless real fat we cleaned our catch in the mountain , all the bone came home to feed the dogs nothing goes to waste and theres more to it but to write it all would be enough to make a book, yeah it was deep and sacred for us even today l'll prefer wild pork over comercial but that how we we're raised we made sausage,smoke meat, salt pork,roastpork, kalua pork,ect with wild pork
and so now when ever l get a chance to talk to a young up and comming hunter whether his family or not l take the time to explain to him how we was taught and will also lead by example...youre only responsible for what you know so hunt safe hunt with kuliana for da aina and take kea today for tomorrow may not have any left for our keikis aloha to all...and thanks uncle Sam for a very good and important question T.C....K.P.......

Last edited by kuniole pua'a!!! on Sat Sep 11, 2010 6:26 pm; edited 1 time in total

kuniole pua'a!!!
small kine choppers
small kine choppers

Back to top Go down

Question????????? Empty raja

Post  trackandgrab Sat Sep 11, 2010 5:23 pm

I agree with KP. Das how. Das the pono way. Right on KP.

trackandgrab
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

http://www.dantonnaone.com

Back to top Go down

Post  REVOLUTION Sat Sep 11, 2010 9:30 pm

WELL SAID K.P.,GOOD TO KNOW GET HAWAIIAN'S LIKE YOU STILL OUT DEA...SPEAK'N LIKE ONE OL' TYMA'...AND ONE TRUE HUNTA... TAKE CARE WHAT YOU GET B FO IT'S GONE...ONLY IF EVERY BODY CAN SEE IT THAT WAY...

RICKY,
REVOLUTION
REVOLUTION
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  UpFront Sat Sep 11, 2010 9:44 pm

True Hahai Pua'a is pono, simple as that. If you're not ethical, you jus one wannabe in my book.
UpFront
UpFront
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  CAVE CANEM Sat Sep 11, 2010 10:21 pm

Uncle Sam* wrote:What makes a real hog hunter? Hawaiian style...Just curious! What is your opinion on the difference between Hahai pua'a and a Hollywood Hunter?

This is a very interesting topic Uncle Sam! All 3 of those "labels" have a wide variety of definitions and criteria in order to be included within. The real hunter did it with just a homemade spear! No dogs, No bullets, No sights and would consider majority of us HOLLYWOOD today!
CAVE CANEM
CAVE CANEM
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  Uncle Sam* Sun Sep 12, 2010 8:47 am

Right on.....thanks to everyone that responded so far! To me you know you 1 real hunta wen you LOVE THE SMELL OF DOG SHIT ON THE WAY HOME WITH ONE MONSTA ON THE BOX! lol....Nah, just had to be funny! Main thing is you malama ka 'aina and respect the next guy! No be pilau n cut throat!!!!!!! Everyone needs someone like kuniole pua'a to learn from,even down to giving the dogs the bones,thats how!!!. Da old school way what hunting da hawaiian way is about. There's something to be proud of there! I heard there was 1 tournament on Maui that helped feed people in need, that is solid!

Uncle Sam*
Piglet
Piglet

Back to top Go down

Post  volcano mustang Sun Sep 12, 2010 9:42 am

eh right on unko sam...that tournament was ran by me my wife and my family on maui...it was called mauka to makai...and it was a huge succsess..hats off goes to all the hunters who donated there animals for freind feeding freinds here on the big isle...also thanks to the hunters and my boy who had clean all that animals...and most of all my mother inlaw who brings up the meat to the bi. from maui every other week...thanks ma...

volcano mustang
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  kuniole pua'a!!! Sun Sep 12, 2010 1:05 pm

Mahalo nui to all of you who understand the importance of preserving our resources making sure there will be a supply of provision down the road for everyone who depends on ahiu pua'a for food. It dont matter the style of hunting whether you climb one avocado tree and wait for pua'a, or you run da roads in one papaya field, or walk in the mauka , true hahai pua'a comes from your heart, its your attitude and purpose you care for everything around you so that there's balance for the animals, the aina, water streams where the life of everyliving thing thrives from.but if keep on pounding um like there's no tomorow then for sure tomorow will get nothing to give. if all of us malama ka aina in our area we hunt from and can teach just 1young up and comming hunter the hahai pua'a way what turn around that would be....Mahalo nui to brahduuh kai, wife Jan, and his ohana for starting the Mauka to makai tourney where all the meat is given to the needy thats awesome!!!!!T.C....& G.B....K.P.....
p.s...1 wiseman once told me if you dont know nuttin about nuttin den nuttin budduh you, but if you know everything about everything den everything budduhs you...(uncle Freddy Nobriga...F.B.I..)

kuniole pua'a!!!
small kine choppers
small kine choppers

Back to top Go down

Post  SAVELLA BLOOD Wed Sep 15, 2010 8:15 am

hollywood huntah weas shorts n sneekers with only a camal bak walking the road or staying on the cc trail jus praying for the dogs to hit sumtin or go miles an catch the pigs about a marathon away. a hayn huntah wears full on hunting gear starts walking with dogs on rope at 3 in the morning n dont reach there hunting ground until the sun rises n starts there hunt into the blues wen its colds as hell or one real real huntah you can jus visit my gud gud friend charlie ibert this is the crasiest huntah i eva met n he only 18 like me wen we would hunt togehter we would leave the day in the after noon and sleep in the mountain for the night hunt that day catch 6 pigs n b so tired to get the mountain to set camp again and cook the pig meat on a stick with seasoning n jus grind up to wake up in the next morning so all the meat smelling like boiled egg from the hayn salt n hunting while we walking home that is wat you call a tru blue huntah for my point of view there might b guys like that but thats the only person i seen like that n stio to b seen bcus i kno the generation only gets stronger with huntahs either hollywood huntahs n tru blue huntahs no matter wat way you hollywood stio or hayn stio you still are a hunter in your eyes an nobody can change it they only can yap there mouths to you you are who you are n all i got to say is a huntah is a huntah as long as you bring out a pig..........
SAVELLA BLOOD
SAVELLA BLOOD
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  braddah mike Wed Sep 15, 2010 8:41 am

right das one crazy buggah dat charlie go sleep in the mountain dont know when we going home true hunta that one catch and catch and catch and catch
braddah mike
braddah mike
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  ShannonChun Wed Sep 15, 2010 9:46 am

2 me one real hog hunter makes there own DOGS and not hunt other ppls dogs and ack like its theres and put other hunters down. And just charge even if they dont catch 4 long time no matter if you hunt road/ deep in side or what 2 me if get pig on the road why the heck i go deep 4 but if they not there on the way then lets go have a look where they are Twisted Evil If you one real hunter hog and dog style you can walk, watch what your dogs doing, make the right choice and read where the pigs stay and answer fast and gut and clean solo and take care your animals and have respect 2 others 2 me thats one true hunta.
ShannonChun
ShannonChun
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  BUBBA'S HOG DOG'Z SUPPLY Thu Sep 16, 2010 1:48 am

THE REAL HOG HUNTAH IS THE ONE'S I THROW IN THE BACK OF MY TRUCK IN THE RACK, RUN'S ALL DAY, NOT ONE COMPLAINT ABOUT HOW FAR HE HAD TO RUN AND CATCH THAT PIG OR HOW LONG I TOOK TO GET THERE AND AFTER ALL THE CRACKS THEY WAS STILL HAPPY TO SEE ME AFTER I HAD REACHED THE ACTION!!! TO ME THAT'S THE REAL HOG HUNTAZ!!!!! DOGS LEAD I FOLLOW!!!!!
BUBBA'S HOG DOG'Z SUPPLY
BUBBA'S HOG DOG'Z SUPPLY
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

http://hawaiiboarhunters.ning.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  ALMIGHTYBOARHUNTAH Thu Sep 16, 2010 2:19 am

WELL SAID CUZ !!!!!! DA DOGZ IS THE REAL HUNTAHZ !!!!!!!
ALMIGHTYBOARHUNTAH
ALMIGHTYBOARHUNTAH
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Question????????? Empty HANA HOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post  always packin neva ackin Thu Sep 16, 2010 6:40 am

WELL SAID HA-Y-N!!!!!!!!!!

always packin neva ackin
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  SAVELLA BLOOD Thu Sep 16, 2010 11:54 pm

YAH MAKE YOUR OWN DOGS BUT HARD WEN YOU BUY YOUR DOG FROM SUMBODY ELSE WITH THERE BLOODLINE INSTEAD HAVING YOUR OWN DOGS N MAKING YOUR OWN LINES TO SAY YOU A HUNTAH RITE Twisted Evil Twisted Evil TRY ME
SAVELLA BLOOD
SAVELLA BLOOD
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  moosehead Fri Sep 17, 2010 12:42 am

BLOODBROS wrote:
THE REAL HOG HUNTAH IS THE ONE'S I THROW IN THE BACK OF MY TRUCK IN THE RACK, RUN'S ALL DAY, NOT ONE COMPLAINT ABOUT HOW FAR HE HAD TO RUN AND CATCH THAT PIG OR HOW LONG I TOOK TO GET THERE AND AFTER ALL THE CRACKS THEY WAS STILL HAPPY TO SEE ME AFTER I HAD REACHED THE ACTION!!! TO ME THAT'S THE REAL HOG HUNTAZ!!!!! DOGS LEAD I FOLLOW!!!!!

LIKE I SAID WE ARE ONLY THE CARE TAKERS!!!!!!

moosehead
moosehead
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  BUBBA'S HOG DOG'Z SUPPLY Fri Sep 17, 2010 1:43 am

moosehead wrote:
BLOODBROS wrote:

LIKE I SAID WE ARE ONLY THE CARE TAKERS!!!!!!

LIKE HE SAID!!!! YEAHHH YOUUU!
BUBBA'S HOG DOG'Z SUPPLY
BUBBA'S HOG DOG'Z SUPPLY
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

http://hawaiiboarhunters.ning.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  ShannonChun Fri Sep 17, 2010 2:17 am

2 me if the hunta no put the time into the dog you ant going get shit out of it no matter if thats the best bloodline in the world and trust if i could breed my own dogs i would!!!!
ShannonChun
ShannonChun
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  huntaz only Fri Sep 17, 2010 7:19 am

[quote="BLOODBROS"][quote="moosehead"][quote="BLOODBROS"][quote="Uncle Sam*"]What makes a real hog hunter? Hawaiian style...Just curious! What is your opinion on the difference between Hahai pua'a and a Hollywood Hunter? [/quote] THE REAL HOG HUNTAH IS THE ONE'S I THROW IN THE BACK OF MY TRUCK IN THE RACK, RUN'S ALL DAY, NOT ONE COMPLAINT ABOUT HOW FAR HE HAD TO RUN AND CATCH THAT PIG OR HOW LONG I TOOK TO GET THERE AND AFTER ALL THE CRACKS THEY WAS STILL HAPPY TO SEE ME AFTER I HAD REACHED THE ACTION!!! TO ME THAT'S THE REAL HOG HUNTAZ!!!!! DOGS LEAD I FOLLOW!!!!! [/quote]

LIKE I SAID WE ARE ONLY THE CARE TAKERS! very true,I dont usually say anything but I was taught by my dad that the dogs are the hunters,and like brother Ted said ,were just the care takers, yes we do our best to breed the dogs and raise, train etc, once they learn ,there the hunters ,thats why i dont understand why some hunters walk faster than there dogs than maybe ,then the human becomes the hunter and the dog becomes the care taker,, whats happening my brother Ted, dont foget Big river ,must have some ivory curl backs need to c that place one more time now thats the Blues,number 8s, slaughter house, hows those name bring back memories.
hunt hard my brothers,jus be humble
huntaz only
huntaz only
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  SAVELLA BLOOD Fri Sep 17, 2010 8:03 pm

das why you get your own dogs to make your own breed
SAVELLA BLOOD
SAVELLA BLOOD
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum