Hawaii Sportsman
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CRAZY STORY ON HUNTING PUA'A ON DA NEWS

+10
kumu
N2BOAZ
Chevy
CAVE CANEM
wessider
BRIAN AKINA
seanboy
Huntaz Of War
JYD
**BRADDAH TOMZ**
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

CRAZY STORY ON HUNTING PUA'A ON DA NEWS Empty CRAZY STORY ON HUNTING PUA'A ON DA NEWS

Post  **BRADDAH TOMZ** Sat Nov 20, 2010 3:17 am

Their talking about banning pig hunting.Watch da news an tell us what u think.

Big shout out to uncle ollie lunasco for speaking on our behalf..

**TOMZ**
**BRADDAH TOMZ**
**BRADDAH TOMZ**
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

CRAZY STORY ON HUNTING PUA'A ON DA NEWS Empty WATCH THE NEWS

Post  JYD Sat Nov 20, 2010 3:18 am

http://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/Global/story.asp?S=13540858

CH. 07 (KGMB) (HawaiiNewsNow) - The state is looking into changing hunting rules. It's taking public comments until the end of the month. A case this week involving a wild pig is giving it extra attention.

Victoria Anderson was horrified with what she saw in her own backyard in Palolo Valley.

"Just really in agony, bleeding, all these puncture wounds around its body," said Anderson.

She says this 40 pound female was chased by three hunting dogs and left for dead because there was no hunter around. Anderson called the Hawaiian Humane Society who euthanized the animal.

"It was horrible this poor pig is bleeding to death and it's all shredded. I just wanted to help it out of its misery as soon as I could," said Anderson.

"This epitomizes why the state needs to enact stronger regulations for hunting dogs," said Inga Gibson, The Humane Society of the United States, Hawaii State Director.

There are plenty of videos on the internet that show pig hunting on Oahu and how graphic it can be especially as the pig squeals.

"They are being told to literally tear apart these pigs. It's torture. If it were done to any other animal it would be felony cruelty," said Gibson.

"If Inga thinks it's cruel than change the laws and we won't pursue at all and then see what problems will arise after that," said Ollie Lunasco, Oahu Pig Hunters Association President.

Lunasco says he's been called to remove 100 pigs in the last two years and he says the state directly refers people to him.

"The feral hog population is out of control right now, say it gets worse, is the Humane Society going to go trap them and put them away in a humane manner? What are they going to do, call the government and say gee why aren't you taking care of this problem," said Lunasco. "The reason on Oahu we use a lot of dogs is that the pigs don't run they sit and fight and if you don't have enough dogs to pin them the pigs going to chase you."

Gibson says there are more humane ways to control the pig population and eventually wants the method of using hunting dogs banned.

"There's no time like the present. Do we have to wait until a person is harmed or another pet is killed before the state says we need more regulations on hunting dogs?" said Gibson.

The state is taking public comments on possible rule changes for hunting. At this point the testimony has been broad but the Department of Land and Natural Resources could have a proposal narrowed to take to the land board by December.

JYD
JYD
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

CRAZY STORY ON HUNTING PUA'A ON DA NEWS Empty Re: CRAZY STORY ON HUNTING PUA'A ON DA NEWS

Post  Huntaz Of War Sat Nov 20, 2010 4:23 am

DAM THATS SUCKS MAKE US LOOK MORE BAD IN PEOPLES EYES NOW THEY LIKE MAKE MORE RULES DAM THEN WAT BAND US FROM HUNTING WIT DOGS THATS MESS UP THATS ALL IT TAKE GUYS THINGS LIKE THIS IS GOING TO HURT US IN ALL THE WRONG WAYS....
Huntaz Of War
Huntaz Of War
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

CRAZY STORY ON HUNTING PUA'A ON DA NEWS Empty Re: CRAZY STORY ON HUNTING PUA'A ON DA NEWS

Post  seanboy Sat Nov 20, 2010 6:04 am

Wow....this is our way of life, this is how we been doing it from generation to generations for centuries and they wanna ban hunting for wild pig with dogs...This is what we live for, for some of us this is how we put food on the table, this how we get together every week and have fun catch or no catch. How you going take sombodys culture away. Its like telling a ulua fisherman he can only fish with barbless hooks... Might as well no fish cause you not going land anything anyway... All our lives we look forward to the weekends to get in the mountians and run our dogs that we raised and bred...see them mature from da dog that playing around running like u cut thier head off to one dog lining pigs up for you... In my eyes hunting is not a sport its a tradition something I hope that I can pass down to my kids later on... And people want to take it away from us??? LOSE MONEY!!!!!!
seanboy
seanboy
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

CRAZY STORY ON HUNTING PUA'A ON DA NEWS Empty NO ROOTS !!!!

Post  BRIAN AKINA Sat Nov 20, 2010 6:49 am

DAS B CUZ DIS LADY HAS NO "ROOTS" INSTILLED IN HER(INGRAM).
TOO BAD CAUSE DEY JUS WEN WASTE DA MEAT !!!! SHAME ON DEM !!!! EAZY FO' POINT @ ALL DA BAD ......WAT BOUT WEN DA PIGZ DIG UP DA LAST ENDANGERED NATIVE PLANT EXISTING IN DA WILD. DA CHILDREN GOIN HAVE TO LOOK @'M IN 1 BOOK ??!!??!! NOT IN IT'Z NATURAL SETTINGS
scratch scratch scratch scratch scratch scratch scratch scratch
DEN DA ST8 & GOV'T AGENCY'S SET SNARES & TRAPS.WATEVA DEY CATCH IN'M ...GO 2 WASTE.... scratch scratch scratch scratch scratch scratch
SHE(INGRAM) NEED PUMP HER BRAKES !!!!!! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
BRIAN AKINA
BRIAN AKINA
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  wessider Sat Nov 20, 2010 7:39 am

das messed up,but you know wat i mean in my opinion i no tink das da huntaz fault becuz das wat hunting dogs do right dey chase,but idk maybe da braddas went cut loose dogs to early idk cuz i never did set foot in palolo becuz i heard had all kine problems already wit guys dumping carcas and wat not.in reality i tink hunting is jus like getting your drivers lic. its a privlege not a right ,yea we get da right for go hunt and wateva but get busted doin sum10 you not suppose to and suffer da consequences,same like driving.da same ting both have in common is dat da state or gov. etc. get right for suspend or revoke da privleges right.idk to me das jus how i look at em,but could be wrong,and hope i no offend no body by dis post but i was trippin wen i seen da news jus seeing da pig lay in da cage garantee he went to da dump.aloha braddas

wessider
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

CRAZY STORY ON HUNTING PUA'A ON DA NEWS Empty WOW

Post  JYD Sat Nov 20, 2010 12:27 pm

Wow...FIRST THE GUY ON RUSTY BOAR STOLE MY PICS...NOW KGMB STOLE MY VIDEO...

Last edited by JYD on Sat Nov 20, 2010 8:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
JYD
JYD
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

CRAZY STORY ON HUNTING PUA'A ON DA NEWS Empty Get involved today!

Post  CAVE CANEM Sat Nov 20, 2010 7:16 pm

Like I mentioned on the other thread guys, If you get any input on the proposed rule changes send it in by the 29th! I got to speak with the 3 representatvies sent by the Dofaw. While the Big Island meetings went fairly smooth the bulk of the anti dog input came from Oahu and Maui. I will post more about what you guys may have to look forward to after the 29th! If you want me to tell you individually feel free to PM me and let's chat while you can still get your input in!
CAVE CANEM
CAVE CANEM
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  Chevy Sat Nov 20, 2010 8:02 pm

That's messed up picking on us huntaz again talking about huntaz is cruel and don't give a shit but yet you get the state and government trapping animals and leaving it to die or shooting animals and just leaving it there. How bout we video that and put um on YouTube and the news . Twisted Evil Evil or Very Mad

Chevy
small kine choppers
small kine choppers

Back to top Go down

CRAZY STORY ON HUNTING PUA'A ON DA NEWS Empty WOW

Post  JYD Sat Nov 20, 2010 9:16 pm

WOW..they taking away everything...

1.) First they make chicken fighting a felony

2.) Then they ban fireworks

3.) Now they want to propose 4 dog max hunting packs...and eventualy a total ban...

4.) Wats next? They gona ban strip clubs?

AAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWW.............

Last edited by JYD on Sat Nov 20, 2010 10:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
JYD
JYD
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  wessider Sat Nov 20, 2010 9:56 pm

JYD wrote:Wow...FIRST THE GUY ON RUSTY BOAR STOLE MY PICS...NOW KGMB STOLE MY VIDEO...
look like you became a victim of identity theft.lol.aloha

wessider
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

CRAZY STORY ON HUNTING PUA'A ON DA NEWS Empty Wish we had an Association yet?

Post  CAVE CANEM Sat Nov 20, 2010 11:24 pm

JYD wrote:WOW..they taking away everything...

1.) First they make chicken fighting a felony

2.) Then they ban fireworks

3.) Now they want to propose 4 dog max hunting packs...and eventualy a total ban...

4.) Wats next? They gona ban strip clubs?

AAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWW.............

They're proposing a 2 dog per hunter and 4 dog max to be exact! All dogs must be licensed, microchipped and registered with the DLNR. I have no problem with any of these but know a few guys dogs that may! Send in your testimony today!
CAVE CANEM
CAVE CANEM
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  N2BOAZ Sun Nov 21, 2010 12:01 am

Wow guys not again this kind of stuff just pisses me off and probably alot of other hunters out their but in my own backyard theirs been alot of things going on in the valley that I must say is going to get us hunters in trouble stealing,hurting house pets,threatening, dumping of carcass and now this. I've hunted in this valley as far as I can remember and never had this kind of publicity only in recent years, there was a couple of hunts that I witness in the valley that got me thinking what the he'll is this hunter doing but one hunt we was on a ridge and we heard this guys dogs fighting the pig for 45 min no bullshit we had to hold our dogs for all that time and you as hunters know how hard it is to try to hold on to dogs while one pig is screaming! So we went in their the next week and found the pig dead but that was not the only time we found pig after this guy went hunting. Also had one time the guy was hunting behind us and we told him we going inside and to the left and he still was coming in after us I was like this no can I was thought never hunt behind someone
Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad And another time his dogs came up to us and we was on a ridge far from them. Don't know how this guy hunts but it seems to me that he don't know were his dogs is half the time but if you have milers this is not a good place to hunt just have to be more aware. I guess what I'm trying to get at is as a hunter you have a responsibility of your dogs if your in a RESIDENTIAL area and your dogs don't get along with other
dogs DON'T GO if your dogs go for miles it's probably not a GOOD IDEA TO GO use your common sense guys!! sorry if I offended anyone just had to vent ALOHA.
N2BOAZ
N2BOAZ
Piglet
Piglet

Back to top Go down

CRAZY STORY ON HUNTING PUA'A ON DA NEWS Empty two dog per person

Post  Chevy Sun Nov 21, 2010 12:17 am

Two dogs per person is a joke how they going regulate that when they can't even do there job now stupid idiots these people not thinking they complain about pig population but proposed a stupid bill like that. scratch scratch

Chevy
small kine choppers
small kine choppers

Back to top Go down

CRAZY STORY ON HUNTING PUA'A ON DA NEWS Empty N2BOAZ

Post  CAVE CANEM Sun Nov 21, 2010 12:46 am

No need apologize for being honest! Everyone has to realize that each and every dog you drop has got to be trained completely not only to do their job but to behave in a professional manner while loose. Until everyone realizes this we will contiue to get this "spotlight" repeatedly being pointed at us. From what I have been told the final amendments will be made by the board according to the testimony they received, I do not believe they will go down the route of banning hunting with dogs but wouldn't be suprised to see animal control measures stiffened so in the event a dog is found wondering it will have a name to match or will be considered a stray and a threat to our game which would need to be dealt with. As junk as it may be we have to seperate the guys who really train good dogs and the wannabes who just run piles of uncontrollable dogs where ever they like and keep bringing this attention onto the rest.

Chevy- There is no bill proposed, The anti everythings attended the meetings and submitted their anti doggin testimony to be presented to the board. The reasoning behind the 2 dog per hunter limit is due to how many dogs can you control at all times by yourself. They then proposed a 4 dog per party limit because any more dogs then that is a "dog pile" on Youtube and is unnecessary. Hopefully our representatives on the board stay unbiased and can come to some common ground with whatever they decide to finalize. Also if you guys don't know this yet, Another proposed ammendment is to take away the authority of the Boards vote in order to change rules. While this sounds good it isn't! If the antis are coming out in strength on Oahu and Maui like they did the next proposed rule change their input will hold ALOT more water then it currently is if just a few hunters decide to get involved to oppose them.
Basically we're stripping ourselves and all the antis have to do is keep showing up!
CAVE CANEM
CAVE CANEM
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  Chevy Sun Nov 21, 2010 2:42 am

When is the next meeting on oahu and if the antis is making these kind of proposals then we as huntaz need to stand together and not divided .

Chevy
small kine choppers
small kine choppers

Back to top Go down

Post  kumu Sun Nov 21, 2010 2:55 am

The humane society says that its cruelty felony if it was any other animal, well what about the person who shot my dog with an Ak-47 in the hunting reserve? My - it had so many holes. The charge for that is only a misdemeanor. They want to regulate everything. Well, they have hunting regulations right now and it is part of the problems we are having-NO ACCESS! The only thing left i have to say to the generators of the pig cruelty article is KISS MY ASS!!!

kumu
small kine choppers
small kine choppers

Back to top Go down

Post  CAVE CANEM Sun Nov 21, 2010 3:49 am

Chevy- The meetings were held this past week and the last time they redid these rules were in 1997! If they take the vote out of the boards hands and leave it to these meetings input , Who knows when the next one will be or how it will affect hunting in hawaii in general. I believe the list of proposed amendments are listed here by Nic Barca, Read these and send any thoughts you have into DLNR@hawaii.gov There is only a small mention of rule pertaining to dogs but the input being brought forth by the anti's is where the threat lies as far as how these statements come across to the board. You can contact your local representative and talk to them personally about how much hunting with dogs means to you and your family. I have no clue who each islands representative is and I just found out who the Big islands was at this past meeting but am looking forward to meeting him some time. Gotta talk stories and see what he is all about instead of just making a judgement on him by his professional life.
CAVE CANEM
CAVE CANEM
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

CRAZY STORY ON HUNTING PUA'A ON DA NEWS Empty VIDEO

Post  JYD Sun Nov 21, 2010 6:18 am

JYD
JYD
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  **BRADDAH TOMZ** Mon Nov 22, 2010 1:12 am

SENT IN MY EMAIL TODAY AN HOPE ALL YOU HUNTAZ OUT THERE SEND IN YOURS TO.TELL YOUR FRIENDS,FAMILY,AND EVERYONE YOU KNOW...DONT W8 B4 ITS TO L8....WE MUST STAY UNITED NOT DIVIDED AND FIGHT FOR SOMETHING WE TRULY LOVE TO DO.....AND DATS HUNTING PUA'A...SEND YOUR EMAIL HERE DLNR@hawaii.gov

DA FEW DA PROUD DA GOOD GUYZ*******TOMZ
**BRADDAH TOMZ**
**BRADDAH TOMZ**
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  BIGBOARCREW Mon Nov 22, 2010 5:56 am

braddas just 2 cents i dont know how they would stop pig hunting we pay for have a hunting licence and the humane sociaty makes us get dog licence .all the islands have to stand as 1 and shut dem down .you shouldent have a say on what goes on on the islands unless your roots run atlease 20 years deep thats what i think eather way ill stand n fight this to da end just need 1 leader for organize things every 1 pls keep us posted alohas braddas

BIGBOARCREW
Piglet
Piglet

Back to top Go down

CRAZY STORY ON HUNTING PUA'A ON DA NEWS Empty Kaua'i HS killed 4,400 animals in one year!

Post  trackandgrab Mon Nov 22, 2010 7:25 pm

The attachment below shows that Kaua'i Humane Society killed more than 4,400 cats and dogs for the fiscal year ending June 30, 2010!! This does not include other islands and the rest of the US!! I think those statistics would be nuts! It would be hard for these "Humane" society people to earn my respect. The public should be made aware of them. Me, I eat what I kill!!!
I tried to adopt a dog from HHS once and they said the it was scheduled to be put down because had skin rash and was too late for take 'um off the list of dogs to be killed. So they killed the dog instead of letting me adopt it!! Hard shot!! This HS people should take the lumber out of their own eye before they try take the spec of dust out of our eye.

Posted: Wednesday, November 17, 2010 11:45 pm |
Nathan Eagle/The Garden Island
‘Sunny’ was adopted from the Kaua‘i Humane Society in 2009. KHS statistics for the fiscal year ending June 30, 2010, show more than half of the 3,564 cats it received were euthanized. .
..LIHU‘E — Most of the dogs received at the island’s only animal shelter later found homes, but the majority of cats collected were euthanized, according to the Kaua‘i Humane Society’s annual report to county officials.

KHS provided financial and statistical summaries in its Sept. 6 report to the administration for the fiscal year ending June 30. The numbers seem to be holding steady when compared to the previous year, when more than 4,400 animals were euthanized.

KHS received 7,092 animals in FY10. More than half of those, 3,564, were cats. KHS was able to reunite 193 cats with their owners and place another 487 in island homes. The remaining 2,779 cats did not make it out alive.

The dogs had a better fate. KHS recovered 2,079 dogs and was able to return 723 to their owners and find homes for 606 more. The rest, 789, were put to death.

trackandgrab
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

http://www.dantonnaone.com

Back to top Go down

CRAZY STORY ON HUNTING PUA'A ON DA NEWS Empty HHS

Post  trackandgrab Mon Nov 22, 2010 7:41 pm

Hawaiian Humane Society
2009 Report to the Community
July 1, 2008 – June 30, 2009

THESE GUYS REPORT STATS ON EVERYTHING EXCEPT HOW MANY ANIMALS THEY KILLED!!!

trackandgrab
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

CRAZY STORY ON HUNTING PUA'A ON DA NEWS Empty Millions killed!!

Post  trackandgrab Mon Nov 22, 2010 8:01 pm

Inga Gibson, The Humane Society of the United States, Hawaii State Director forgot to mention that they kill millions of animals every year.....and they don't eat them or feed anybody with them!!!

•Approximately 5 million to 7 million companion animals enter animal shelters nationwide every year, and approximately 3 million to 4 million are euthanized (60 percent of dogs and 70 percent of cats).

trackandgrab
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  Huntaz Of War Tue Nov 23, 2010 7:30 am

wassup gand just got some info about all this thing going on about hunting dogs and why they like band hunting wit hunting dogs its because they are finding hunting dogs in non hunting area and its becoming a proplem i have a unko who works for the state and told him why they like band hunting wit dogs and he said as a hunta use is responsible for ur dogs at all time and then i siad what about the people who plays but the rule he said no matter out law or not u is responsible at all time so thats wat he told me but we all noe that by now but thats some of the reason but i hope they dont band some thing we all love to do cuz to me thats our stress reliver from all the dramaz that we get doing the week of hard wrk...well guys i hope for the best aloha....
Huntaz Of War
Huntaz Of War
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next