Hawaii Sportsman
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

need some advice

2 posters

Go down

need some advice Empty need some advice

Post  YOUNG DOG Thu Dec 04, 2008 4:31 am

I GOT 7 PUPS DATS IN TRAINING RITE NOW.......AS SOON AS I LET EM OUT THEY DISSAPEAR FOR AWHILE AND THEN THEY COME BACK AND STAY WIT ME...... BUT THEY GOIN OUT A GOOD DISTANCE ALREADY AND COMING BACK....I TAKE 2-3 OF EM AT A TIME..IS THIS A SIGN OF MILERS OR JUST THEM BEING NATURALS IN THE MOUNTAIN OR JUS THEM WANTING TO GET OUT CUZ THEY BEEN IN THE KENNEL FOR TO LONG...THIS ALL USUALLY HAPPENS WHEN I LET THEM OUT OF THE TRUCK...THEY'RE 6 MONTHS.....THEY ALL GRAB PIG AND 3 OF UM BEEN ON HUNTS ALREADY AND DID FINE.....ANY ADVICE?MAHALO

YOUNG DOG
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

need some advice Empty Re: need some advice

Post  Shane M. Thu Dec 04, 2008 9:28 am

Are the puppies going out together and making noise? If so, they are maybe playing. I try to only take one puppy on each hunt. To me they can focus and learn faster. But if you only got puppies, then try just letting them go for a certain amount of time, and then call them back if you think they are getting too far. It sucks to have to make noise calling, but after a while they should learn about how far to go and you shouldn't have to call them back all the time.

Shane M.
small kine choppers
small kine choppers

Back to top Go down