Hawaii Sportsman
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What is the best camo pattern for Big Island?

+7
B.I.G. Boarz
YOUNG DOG
bigislandhunter
Misadventure Gear
huntsurfsleep
braddah mike
Stalker808
11 posters

Go down

What is the best camo pattern for Big Island? Empty What is the best camo pattern for Big Island?

Post  Stalker808 Sat Feb 12, 2011 4:14 am

Howzit I just moved to da Big Island from Oahu and want to go Archery hunting What kine camo shoulld i use?? PLZ Help MAHALO.

Stalker808
Piglet
Piglet

Back to top Go down

What is the best camo pattern for Big Island? Empty Re: What is the best camo pattern for Big Island?

Post  braddah mike Sat Feb 12, 2011 6:12 am

real tree APG. or blaze orange for a challenge
braddah mike
braddah mike
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

What is the best camo pattern for Big Island? Empty Re: What is the best camo pattern for Big Island?

Post  Stalker808 Sun Feb 13, 2011 9:48 pm

Razz

Stalker808
Piglet
Piglet

Back to top Go down

Post  huntsurfsleep Mon Feb 14, 2011 2:04 am

This one is really good for Big Island. My friend has been useing only this brand for the last 8 years or so and says this is the best one, he gets 5 feet away from mouflon.
http://www.naturalgear.com/
huntsurfsleep
huntsurfsleep
Piglet
Piglet

Back to top Go down

Post  Stalker808 Mon Feb 14, 2011 9:35 pm

Mahaloz for the link ill check it out.

Stalker808
Piglet
Piglet

Back to top Go down

Post  Misadventure Gear Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:27 am

That is a difficult question to answer properly. It all depends on where and how you are gonna be hunting. Hunting the rain forests call for a completely different pattern than the dry arid slopes. Same with sittin in a treestand vs. Spot-n-Stalk. Look for patterns that have various shades of brown in them for arid areas, and mix in greens for the wet sides. One pattern that I've found blends real well in dry areas is Kings Desert Shadow Realtree APG is also a great pattern. I also will sometimes mix tops and bottoms of different patterns to further break up my outline. for example, wear desert camo pants with a woodland top if you plan to spend a fair bit of time perched next to a bush, glassing.
Misadventure Gear
Misadventure Gear
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

http://www.misadventuregear.com

Back to top Go down

Post  bigislandhunter Thu Feb 17, 2011 7:52 pm

Truthfully, ANY camo will work. Most animals are color blind. Most say that Mouflon can see color because they have similar rods and cones in their eyes. For me, I like to use MAX-1 Camo. The greens really blend in...but i have used all kines of camo patterns.

Like my dad has always said....and if you hunt PLENTY you know its true. Its not the CAMO pattern, its MOVEMENT. No matter what pattern you do decided to use, if you move the sheep, goats, pigs will pick it up.

Keep the wind in your face, hunt hard!

Shoots!
bigislandhunter
bigislandhunter
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  YOUNG DOG Thu Feb 17, 2011 9:00 pm

My favorite camo i like using is all of the predator camo!been using it a long time and its worked well for me on all the islands! I bowhunt and ive been within grabbing distance of sheep and goats!

YOUNG DOG
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  B.I.G. Boarz Sat Feb 19, 2011 7:48 am

10-4 predator is the best i seen i also go bow and gotta tell you this he work and when hot just use one tank top surf shorts and rubbah slippahs AURITE ALOHAS

B.I.G. Boarz
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  Turkey Joe Wed Mar 30, 2011 8:41 am

It depends on where you're gonna be. In areas with lots of lava, the new military digital gray is very very hard to beat. BUT...if you pay more attention to the wind, than your camo pattern, you'll have more success.
Turkey Joe
Turkey Joe
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  Stalker808 Thu Mar 31, 2011 12:42 am

Mahalo for all da good INFO now i need to work on finding a good hunting partner to show me da ROPES hahaha! Laughing

Stalker808
Piglet
Piglet

Back to top Go down

Post  poidogs Sun Apr 03, 2011 11:41 pm

Whatevers cheapest Very Happy I don't think it matters a whole lot. Like when the guys wear Real Tree camo head to toe but then have Blaze Orange Vest and Hat. I don't get it.

poidogs
Piglet
Piglet

Back to top Go down

Post  nshunter Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:42 am

poidogs wrote:Whatevers cheapest Very Happy I don't think it matters a whole lot. Like when the guys wear Real Tree camo head to toe but then have Blaze Orange Vest and Hat. I don't get it.

The head to toe camo is for when You strip off the Blaze orange and slip into the safe zone silly! Rolling Eyes
nshunter
nshunter
Piglet
Piglet

Back to top Go down

Post  poidogs Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:26 pm

rajah dat

poidogs
Piglet
Piglet

Back to top Go down

What is the best camo pattern for Big Island? Empty CAMO

Post  YOUNG DOG Fri Apr 15, 2011 4:46 am

jus did a hunt up big island wit braddah josh and dis is the camo used up there. mossy oak brush 3d top and predator bottom...works real good for me!
[img]What is the best camo pattern for Big Island? Dsc00910[/img]
[img]What is the best camo pattern for Big Island? Img-2010[/img]
[img]What is the best camo pattern for Big Island? Img-2011[/img]

YOUNG DOG
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  proverbs12:10 Thu Apr 28, 2011 12:51 am

bigislandhunta gave da bess answer, most animals are color blind and only see shades of grey so da camo only helps to break-up da image dat da game sees. n yep it's all about da movement. I would suggest dat you study up on da kine of game you trying to hunt. I've learned dat if you study on da characteristics of your game, it makes it a lot easier to stalk. you know, know their strengths and weaknesses, n use dat to your advantage. also wen I go, I wouldn't bring my weapon da first coupla times, you'd be surprised how much you learn about da animal you trying to stalk. stalking takes a lot of time and commitment. hey good huntin' God Bless!!

proverbs12:10
Piglet
Piglet

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down