Hawaii Sportsman
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New to Bowhunting in Hawaii

3 posters

Go down

New to Bowhunting in Hawaii Empty New to Bowhunting in Hawaii

Post  kt8489 Tue Mar 08, 2011 5:55 am

Im new to hunting in Hawaii and new to bowhunting. Im trying to get some pointers on where to go and what are the best times and so forth. I live in Kailua, Oahu and just want some info. Thanks in advance.

Kevin

kt8489
Piglet
Piglet

Back to top Go down

New to Bowhunting in Hawaii Empty Re: New to Bowhunting in Hawaii

Post  huntachad Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:05 pm

Don't know about saying where to go bowhunting. A person's secret spot will always be their own. But there are publc hunting areas designated on Oahu that are specifically for bowhunters. To me, if you bowhunt you own the pot of gold. You can pratically hunt anywhere with a bow. Legally or illegally... LOL. My best places for bowhunting was all non-designated areas if you know what I mean... Although it has been a long while since I have hunted with a bow, my best times were the afternoon hunts. I would leave the house at around 230 - 300pm and stay in the hills until dark. The best time for me was just before the sun went down.
I recommend going to island archer on Oahu or going to the Kapolei archery range to hook up and talk to fellow bow hunters. You may just luck out and get together with someone who just might show you the ropes. Sorry I rarely bowhunt anymore. Any questions pm me and I will be glad to try and answer any questions you may have. Aloha - Chad

huntachad
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  kt8489 Tue Mar 08, 2011 6:43 pm

appreciate the info chad. every little bit helps

kt8489
Piglet
Piglet

Back to top Go down

Post  RustyKnife Wed Mar 09, 2011 8:21 pm

Hey brah,

Bowhunting is a sport that isnt easy and requires a lot of time. Im a haole from michigan and have been bow hunting since i was 10 years old. Im active duty military and have been hunting hawaii the first month i moved here. As the man said above, its all about finding YOURSELF a place. I had spent nearly 1 month cleaning, building and baiting my stand. I had game cameras out, automatic feeders and all the works; put it this way i had those pigs on LOCK!
I shot a few and found my stand one day raped- someone had stole my camera and had damaged the place i was hunting. Infact the place i was hunting wasnt public but more on military property near public access, so if anyone didnt have rights to hunt there...it was that man. Anyways, you need to find yourself where you're willing to put the time in. The place will only be what you put into it. Once you find a place where the pigs are or once you have them there, your golden...at that point its only a matter of keeping them there.

Unfortunantly all my spots arent "legal" persay but im not hunting illegally if that makes sense? So i suggest you put the time away, find your spot and make the best of it. Shoot hard, bait hard and hunt hard.

hit it up if you have questions brah

-Doc
RustyKnife
RustyKnife
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down