Hawaii Sportsman
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Oahu Nu’uanu check-in station location?

4 posters

Go down

Oahu Nu’uanu check-in station location? Empty Oahu Nu’uanu check-in station location?

Post  BigDaddy1 Tue May 24, 2011 5:54 am

Good Day All,
Been getting a little itchy in wanting to get me a hog and I’d figure on trying it with a bow (don’t have any dog’s) in the Nu’uanu hunting area. Was looking thru the reg’s and it said that there is a hunter check-in station and you needed to check-in/out when you are there.
Now the question that I have is where is it and what time do they open/close? I drove the Nuuanu-Pali road today looking for the building/parking lot and couldn’t find it. The maps that are in the reg’s are about as clear as mud and it doesn’t list any telephone numbers that I can call either. The closest thing that I could find was a fenced in public water building that is about 250’ to the east (when looking at Google maps) of Nu’uanu Reservoir #3.
My question to you all, can somebody please let me know where this cursed thing is at? Was that it or did I miss it completely? Simple directions, GPS coordinates, don’t care, just as long as I can find it. Also, if someone can point me a good place to start my adventure, I’m not looking for your secret squirrel go to honey hole, just someplace to start, that would be awesome!

BigDaddy1 sends…

BigDaddy1
Piglet
Piglet

Back to top Go down

Oahu Nu’uanu check-in station location? Empty Re: Oahu Nu’uanu check-in station location?

Post  YOUNG DOG Tue May 24, 2011 6:17 am

Drive up the pali highway u cant miss it on ur rite hand side theres a big sign rite before the resovoir

YOUNG DOG
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Oahu Nu’uanu check-in station location? Empty Re: Oahu Nu’uanu check-in station location?

Post  HUNTAH Tue May 24, 2011 6:50 am

I always wanted to hunt there...just dnt kno the grounds n I didnt see any hunters there when I passed every day..lmk maybe I can hunt there..
HUNTAH
HUNTAH
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  braddah mike Tue May 24, 2011 7:21 am

It's where nuuanu and Pali hwy meet by the big pines you will see the brown check in box sign in there and you are good to go.might still have an opening in the fence near the driveway to the right of the check in box that's how i use to get in.haven't gone there for over a year maybe still the same try call dlnr they can direct you but they going tell you to park way down the road on nuuanu where they play paintball but I just park by the check in box.
braddah mike
braddah mike
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  BigDaddy1 Mon May 30, 2011 1:24 am

Thanks All,
I appreciate everybody’s help, was finally able to find the mailbox. (Check-in stations for places I have hunted in the past were actually manned shacks and this is what I was expecting.) Went up there this past Sat. and went in past the man made dam. Saw lots and lots of game trails, quite a few areas that were dug up, and a few sets of tracks. Unfortunately, most of the them looked to be a few days old. I saw one trail that looked like it has fresh pig tracks on it, but that was it. And in the famous word of Sgt Shultz (Hogan’s Heroes) "I heard nothing...I saw nothing!" Well, we did see a mongoose, but that was it. Maybe I should try being there around sunset instead of sunrise next time. Oh well, it got me out of the house.

BigDaddy1 sends...

BigDaddy1
Piglet
Piglet

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down