Hawaii Sportsman
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Got Custom Flashlights?

3 posters

Go down

Got Custom Flashlights? Empty Got Custom Flashlights?

Post  UpFront Wed Aug 31, 2011 2:22 am

Alohaz, just puting a feeler out for interest in some custom flashlights I build. This one is just a prototype Mini that has not been cerakoted yet. It runs on either 1 cr123 disposable battery or 1 18350 Li Ion rechargeable battery. They will be equiped with a XM-L T6 LED that puts out about 500 lumens, or an XP-G R5 LED that puts out about 300 lumens on high. The user interface will either be single mode, three mode (high, med, low) or 5 mode (high, med, low with strobe and SOS).Got Custom Flashlights? Mini
I have some larger units sent out right now being Cerakoted in Blaze Orange, Coyote Tan, and Flat Dark Earth.
All lights are waterproof. NOT intended to be dive lights but if you are using it in the rain or drop it into the water or whatever they are O-ring sealed and will be ok.
Cerakote is a hard ceramic durable finish that the military uses on weapons. You can google it for more info. All other parts of the lights will be HAIII or stainless steel.
Like I said, these are custom lights so you can order special LED tints, reflectors, modes, holsters, clips, colors, etc.
So some feedback would be helpful as far as what kind of light you guys would like to have, and I will try to make it happen.
Prices for the lights will be around $150.00 for the larger size and $125.00 for the Mini.
Mahaloz for looking, Dave
UpFront
UpFront
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Got Custom Flashlights? Empty Re: Got Custom Flashlights?

Post  gotblika Wed Aug 31, 2011 5:53 am

beam shots?

gotblika
small kine choppers
small kine choppers

Back to top Go down

Post  UpFront Wed Aug 31, 2011 6:25 am

This is from about 15 yds. first is the Mini on 1 18350 battery XP-G R5, then the XM-L T5, then the XM-L T6.both run on 1 18650 batteryGot Custom Flashlights? Beamshots003
Got Custom Flashlights? Beamshots002
Got Custom Flashlights? Beamshots001
UpFront
UpFront
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  gotblika Wed Aug 31, 2011 6:32 am

That's pretty impressive. Got run times?

gotblika
small kine choppers
small kine choppers

Back to top Go down

Post  UpFront Wed Aug 31, 2011 6:42 am

I still need to work out the run times for all the modes, but last night I got 90 minutes on high mode for the XM-L. I was going to check the XP-G on high tonight so I'll post up after. Then I will do the med. modes which will be plenty longer than high. It's really not recommended to run the high mode for more than 10 minutes at a time because it will heat up and drain the battery faster. I would guess the medium is about 5 hours and low mode is like 9-12 hours or so.
UpFront
UpFront
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  DonG53 Wed Aug 31, 2011 6:45 am

Impressive lights.
DonG53
DonG53
Piglet
Piglet

Back to top Go down

Post  UpFront Wed Aug 31, 2011 7:39 am

The XP-G has been going for an hour now on high but is just starting to cool so I figure the run times for the Mini with XP-G and 18350 battery would be about the same as the XM-L run times with the 18650 Battery.
UpFront
UpFront
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  gotblika Wed Aug 31, 2011 7:46 am

not regulated?

gotblika
small kine choppers
small kine choppers

Back to top Go down

Post  UpFront Wed Aug 31, 2011 8:12 am

This XP-G Module tested is 0.8v-4.2v. the output stays pretty flat until around 3.3v it starts to cool down a bit so it's a good indicator that the cell is nearing it's cutoff point and should be charged. This cell tested (AW IMR 18350 700mah) was not topped off and already had some use. These lights also run on cr123 disposables you can buy from Lowes or wherever else carries them but the battery tube is larger 18mm size for the higher capacity rechargeable Li Ion cells.
The 18650 sized lights also can run on 2 cr123 disposables.
Also this 3 mode XP-G as well as the 5 mode XM-L have memory, so if the light is off more than 3 seconds it will turn back on at the last mode used.
UpFront
UpFront
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down