Hawaii Sportsman
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ridgeback/Catahoula/Hound mix-9 months

2 posters

Go down

Ridgeback/Catahoula/Hound mix-9 months Empty Ridgeback/Catahoula/Hound mix-9 months

Post  SaltyMuffinMaker Wed Oct 12, 2011 7:51 am

I've got a ridgeback/catahoula/hound(possible blue lacy or weimaraner). He's about 9 months old and still has his lahos. He's a shy dog, skiddish at first, but unsure of himself more then anything. He's gotten himself lost from the pack on couple occasions and used to shishi his panty if you raised a hand to him. He is very scared of water but he's been thru Waipio/Waimanu rivers/some ocean..again, seen this before and worked with other dogs, but it'll take time.
For the month and a half i've had him, he's gotten to be a better dog. Better in the way that he's not scared of everything, sticks around closer on the trail and defends himself. I've tried to train him on basic commands, sit, shake, stay...but he doesnt catch on. Show him food and he sits and very rarely shakes hands. I've had him on a fenced in property with other dogs. He's been fed very well. He hasn't jumped out of the truck. I've taken him on several hunts and a lot of walks. He has seen action on pig only once, with 8 other dogs, and he just watched. He follows other dogs, does some work, some times answers bark, but will mostly kick back with you. I got this dog and found out what kind of dog he is and tried to work with him. The more time I spent with him, the better he has become. On a one to one level, he is great. With a pack of dogs he is on the outside but will come tucking tail. Someone who can spend time with him would be the most ideal.
Looking to get $50 for the food ive put in him. PM me if you've got any other questions. afro
SaltyMuffinMaker
SaltyMuffinMaker
Piglet
Piglet

Back to top Go down

Ridgeback/Catahoula/Hound mix-9 months Empty Re: Ridgeback/Catahoula/Hound mix-9 months

Post  manae808 Thu Oct 13, 2011 3:57 am

Just wondering if you got some pics of him I'll take him off your hands guarantee just give me a call at 683-9364 ask for Jerome I live on Oahu down nanakuli thanks...
manae808
manae808
Piglet
Piglet

Back to top Go down

Ridgeback/Catahoula/Hound mix-9 months Empty Re: Ridgeback/Catahoula/Hound mix-9 months

Post  SaltyMuffinMaker Fri Oct 14, 2011 5:41 am

Ahhh, forgot to mention im located on the Big Islands west side. I dont have a shipping crate/kennel/cage, but I suppose I can help with what I can if you're on another island. Shipping costs will be your responsibility.
Also, he's been treated with Frontline and regularly checked for ticks and fleas.
SaltyMuffinMaker
SaltyMuffinMaker
Piglet
Piglet

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum