Hawaii Sportsman
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Local paid hunt recommendations?

4 posters

Go down

Local paid hunt recommendations? Empty Local paid hunt recommendations?

Post  6.8SPC Wed Dec 21, 2011 1:42 am

Howzit everybody. First post. For my upcoming birthday I was planning to treat myself to a helicopter hog hunt in texas (Cedar Ridge Aviation), but I'll be proposing to my girlfriend of 5+ years and just returned from ring shopping today. *Chest Pain* The price of the ring has killed my helicopter hunting dreams. Think I'll keep it local but wanted to try somewhere different and as cheap as possible. I've only hunted on Oahu, Molokai (East Side ~mile marker 15), and the Big Island (Papaikou area). Would like to try Maui, Lanai, Kauai, or Big Island. Axis deer, Pig, goat, Mouflon Sheep, anything will do. Just need to get away. I read other posts that recommended hunts for less than $300 but not sure exactly where? Any suggestions? Would like to use rifle: .270 or 30-30. Much Mahalo.

6.8SPC
Piglet
Piglet

Back to top Go down

Local paid hunt recommendations? Empty Re: Local paid hunt recommendations?

Post  CAVE CANEM Wed Dec 21, 2011 2:53 am

Happy Birthday, Congratulations & right on for deciding to keep it local! Here's a few guys to call, I'm sure there's a few more not registered with the state or just not listed! Wink
http://hawaii.gov/dlnr/dofaw/hunting/registered-hunting-guides
CAVE CANEM
CAVE CANEM
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  Misadventure Gear Wed Dec 21, 2011 8:48 am

A DIY goat hunt to Maui in Polipoli Unit C is not that hard to pull off. I can give you pointers if thats what you want to do. Also on Maui, there is Maui Hunting Safari. I've only heard of them and don't know them personally, but you may want to check them out. On Lanai, Try to contact Gary Onuma with the Lanai Co. I think he runs the pay hunting operation there or can point you in the right direction. You can get deer or mouflon there.
Misadventure Gear
Misadventure Gear
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

http://www.misadventuregear.com

Back to top Go down

Post  6.8SPC Thu Dec 22, 2011 12:13 am

Much Thanks Jusacruzah and Misadventure Gear. I'll send a mass e-mail to all those folks and see what kind of responses I get. If anybody get more suggestions I would be very grateful. Mahalo.

6.8SPC
Piglet
Piglet

Back to top Go down

Post  Koa Boa Fri Dec 23, 2011 10:22 am

I hunted with:

William Duarte Jr.
Hawaii Hunting Tours
P.O. Box 41
Holualoa HI 96725
Ph: (808)322-4113

In the past for feral sheep under Gene Ramos.....he was good and I would hunt with him again given the chance, hope this helps!

Aloha!
Koa Boa
Koa Boa
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  6.8SPC Sat Dec 24, 2011 2:26 am

Mahalo Koa! Never hunted on the Kona side and never for sheep. I'll give him a call after the holidays. Thanks again.

6.8SPC
Piglet
Piglet

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down