Hawaii Sportsman
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Animal Control Tech- Kauai

Go down

Animal Control Tech- Kauai Empty Animal Control Tech- Kauai

Post  Koa Boa Tue Jul 21, 2009 5:15 am

Howzit just got this emailed to me so just wanted to pass this info along to da Kauai Bradda's. Sorry its kinda last minute as the app. deadline is Wed. but at least still get chance looks like a good job. Kauai Boy it doesnt specify NEEDING to be able to use firearms just willing to but eh you can just tell'um you rather just stab'um LOL!!!

Aloha!!!

The National Tropical Botanical Garden would not be what it is today without its staff. We value our employees and recognize their contributions and their right to prosper and attain their personal and professional goals in a mutually respectful and safe environment. It is our goal to:

Create an atmosphere, work environment, pay scale, and benefit package where NTBG staff members look forward to coming to work each day and are dedicated to improving our organization and achieving our mission.
Develop an organizational culture that fosters leadership, independent thinking, creativity, and accountability while promoting inter-garden and interdepartmental collaboration and cooperation.
NTBG is an equal opportunity employer. A pre-employment drug screening is required for successful candidates.

Employment applications are accepted by mail, fax, or in person at the Garden’s national headquarters, unless otherwise indicated, at:

NTBG
Attn: Human Resources
3530 Papalina Road
Kalaheo, HI 96741
Fax (808) 332-9765

Resumés may be submitted in advance via email to hr@ntbg.org in either Microsoft Word or Adobe PDF format. All jobs are posted or removed on a timely basis. If you wish to verify directly that a particular position is still available, please contact our Human Resources Department at: (808) 332-7324, Ext. 229

Specific salary information is provided to successful candidates.

Current Openings:

Conservation Technician II-Animal Control - northshore Kaua‘i

Conservation Technician II-Animal Control - northshore Kaua‘i
Full-time position - based at Limahuli Garden and Preserve, Hā‘ena

Primary responsibilities will be all aspects of animal control in the gardens and preserves of the organization located in Hawai‘i. Willingness to travel is required. A primary responsibility will be controlling pigs, cats, and rats in the Upper Limahuli Preserve. Must be willing to spend at least 25% of work time in remote overnight camps and participate in maintenance of infrastructure for team-based conservation efforts, including 5-10 trips of up to 10 days duration each during the year.

Knowledge of animal and plant identification, trapping skills, and ecological principles essential. Must be willing and able to euthanize trapped animals and use firearms safely. Experience in use of GPS and mobile radio equipment highly desirable. Requires expertise in operation of animal traps, bait stations, and exclusion fences. Must have valid Hawai‘i hunting license and hunter safety certification. Strong additional qualifications would include experience with presentations for public groups and volunteers, obtaining permits, and report writing. College degree in wildlife management or related field preferred. This is a one-year grant-funded position with excellent renewal potential.

Deadline to submit applications is Wednesday, July 22, 2009.

Please submit application to:

National Tropical Botanical Garden
Attn: Human Resources
3530 Papalina Rd.
Kalāheo, HI 96741

Phone: (808) 332-7324 ext. 229
FAX: (808) 332-9765
Email: hr.ntbg.org
Employment application
Koa Boa
Koa Boa
big daddy boar