Hawaii Sportsman
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Calling all Wahiawa Hunters- Reward

+9
D-LINE
=cHaMpIoN sOuNd=
moosehead
Little Black Dog
hunters6262
kaakau
HYPA
Koa Boa
cmnalo
13 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Calling all Wahiawa Hunters- Reward  - Page 2 Empty Re: Calling all Wahiawa Hunters- Reward

Post  HYPA Thu Dec 12, 2013 7:29 am

oahu hunters DO NOT IGNORE OR FORGET ABOUT WHAT IS HAPPENING here.....all state take notice after they fence oahu they will move to your island.

Chris Miller is the person in charge of this fence.......call him and tell him how displeased you are on this project 453 6179....also you can write abercrombie yourself.

got wind that Chris is monitoring this post. he dosent like the response this post is getting.

fencing is slotted to go for begining of next year.
HYPA
HYPA
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Calling all Wahiawa Hunters- Reward  - Page 2 Empty Re: Calling all Wahiawa Hunters- Reward

Post  KVB Thu Dec 12, 2013 8:02 am

regarding him not liking this post, tough doo-doo.  last time i checked this is still a democracy, and we still have a little bit of freedom left.  and we have the right to express our opinions. and we don't have to like fences or the people who are behind having them set up. especially considering the manner in which its being done. sorry, chris. its not personal. not on my part anyway.  you do what you do and you have to live with the karma of it all. there is nothing wrong with us hunters opposing the work that is being done and if you can't be a professional and take all of this in stride then stay off of our forum. the world would be a better place without people like you doing the stuff that you are doing to it.

Calling all Wahiawa Hunters- Reward  - Page 2 Fences10

KVB
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  hunters6262 Thu Dec 12, 2013 7:37 pm

Chris if u reading this my name is Joe Griffiths n I don't hide behind a post so you know who talking to you . U get a lot of balls or you feel like every other land thiefs do, you can do whatever you like n kill our natural resource pig ,goats ,sheep ,cattle ,deer not to mention laws you be putting on fisherman your wrong n gong to be challenged . You DLNR n gov people hold your hand to a oath of officer to uphold state n federal laws like article 12 sec 7!of Hawaii constitution n violate the very law u swear to uphold . Those laws protect cultural traditional and religious beliefs that u n your private co partners nature conservancy violate everyday . To come on here n ask for help knowing you did, will ,n plan on screwing hunter/gather n spiritual people of Hawaii more is a slap in our face . People have waken up to the greed n stealing of land in Hawaii ,in case u didn't know now u do .

hunters6262
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  cmnalo Tue Dec 17, 2013 2:39 am

This pig collaring study, which is work as part of my graduate education not because DLNR madated it, was suppose to help provide more concrete information on pig movements and habitat use in this area.  This area is important for both recreational hunting as well as conservation and watershed protection.  Other than hunter accounts and people surveying sign on the ground not a whole lot of scientific information is known about how pigs use this area (how large are their home ranges, do they change elevation with season, what's driving them to move around the area? Maybe food, maybe hunting pressure, maybe sex)  These are some of the questions that I'm trying to address with this study.  By having more good biological data about any species of wildlife the managing agency (DOFAW) can do a better job managing that animal for all people, including both hunters and conservationist.  I'm sure to some reading this nothing I say will be right but I hope maybe I can clear up some misconceptions.  The data and report that come from this study will be made public for the benefit of all.  In fact I was intending on sending a copy to the Oahu Hunting Association because I figured most hunters using this area would be generally intertested.  I didn't use the forum to offend anyone but I thought that guys hunting in the area might be interested in helping.  Their help is sincerely appreciated. They know this area like the back of their hand.  Thank you! to all of you that contacted me willing to help and talk with me to understand the project.

Finally, the second collar still hasn't been recovered.  The first one was recovered in Kaukonahua Stream and was a hunter kill.  It was recovered back in Sept. and the kill was back in May.

cmnalo
Piglet
Piglet

Back to top Go down

Post  HYPA Tue Dec 17, 2013 3:14 am

so you are saying that the data that you collected you did for the bennifit of hunters? I think the data that you're collecting is to find the movement tracks so you know where to set the snares when the fence goes up
so let's look at this on one hand you're trying to help us on the other you're removing one third of a public hunting area.

so answer me this the pig that you guys snare in the fence line will you throw them back over the fence for the hunters we both know that that is not going to happen both know the fence will go up the snares will go up the pig will be left to die. in an area that in my 20 years of being that mountain I have seen less and less pigs come out of there
all for a plant that does not benefit the human race. if that plant is not curing cancer then I could care less about it.
could you please post pictures of all the pigs that get snared in the fence line. you just to remind us of you helping.

HYPA
HYPA
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  braddah mike Tue Dec 17, 2013 7:30 pm

Cmnalo you probably got caught up in the moment but I will remind you that hunters are conservationists.
braddah mike
braddah mike
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Calling all Wahiawa Hunters- Reward  - Page 2 Empty shitty fences

Post  JOSH KUHNS Wed Dec 18, 2013 2:11 am

Just hunt illegal already no sense renew hunting license no more mountain foa hunt. Just take the chance anybody shoot or take your dog take action and do something no body has the right to shoot your dog. This is just whats gonna happen If more fences go up. Then Its gonna be a bigger problem that no One can stop.
JOSH KUHNS
JOSH KUHNS
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  hunters6262 Wed Dec 18, 2013 4:53 am

First of all it's called game management which 49 states do but Not Hawaii how come??? . Second the pigs your killing n not managing is in violation of Hawaii state Constitution article 12 section 7 that gov officials hold there hand of office too, they swear a oath to uphold it . The problem with u scientists/conservationist preservationists like to be called is your screwing up Hawaii more n more for what special interest groups to benefit . U Government officials need to check yourself n follow the law n the peoples demand you don't own our forest n u work for me /us so act like it . Hunting is not a privilege it's a right? A. Privilege can't be revoked at any time,correct n isn't it set up that way to take it away ? These are question your office n your special interest buddies nature Conservancy ,Sierra Club, three Malton alliances don't care to know or care if u violating Hawaiian peoples rights n others rights .

hunters6262
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  hunters6262 Wed Dec 18, 2013 5:12 am

Folks Hawaii been a state since 1959 for 54 years our state DLNR refused to do a game manage plan with a carrying capacity of anals in our forest like every other state does n always has but not Hawaii how come ? Isn't easy to cheat us lie to us n tell our citizens of the state of Hawaii that our animals are ruining Hawaii because they have never made a game management plan how f**cking dumb is that or how smart are they ? I say they smart n good crooks . So now just big island private n public has about 3,000,000 MILLION acres in there possession killed eradicated conservation preservation etc . 60,000 plus sheep they killed Mauna Kea ,ALL THE BEST HUNTING GROUNDS TAKEN THE SANCTUARY OF GROUNDS THAT PRODUCE BABIES ALL WIPED OUT . Now u see the picture these punks no exactly what they're doing n anybody who back up TJ n RUSTYBOAR don't know what they talking about cuz TJ knows 100% what I saying no they like are Government officials select Hawaiian officials are sell outs

hunters6262
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  Koa Boa Wed Dec 18, 2013 10:28 am

cmnalo wrote:The Division of Forestry and Wildlife has been conducting wildlife research on wild pigs in the Poamoho area over the last eight months. We have a single male pig with a gps tracking collar on it in the Kuakonahua drainage area that we could use some help recovering. Any hunter who’s able to catch this pig, recover our collar safely, and return it to me undamaged will receive a reward of a new good quality hunting knife, new hunting pack, or dog cut collars. The map details the last place the collar was tracked. This collar produces vhf pulse on frequency 151.001 MHz between the hours of 10am and 3pm. The pig was trapped and collared in April 2013. At the time it was a 72 lbs. boar and was 3/4 mile NE of the Schofield-Waikane Trail Head (Top of the World). I've given a link to a map of the area and the tracking points from the last 8 months. We most recently picked up the signal about 500yrds NW of the Schofield Waikane Trail Head on 12/2/13. Please call me if you have any information.

Chris Miller
Division of Forestry and Wildlife
(808)453-6179

This pig collaring study, which is work as part of my graduate education not because DLNR madated it, was suppose to help provide more concrete information on pig movements and habitat use in this area.  This area is important for both recreational hunting as well as conservation and watershed protection.  Other than hunter accounts and people surveying sign on the ground not a whole lot of scientific information is known about how pigs use this area (how large are their home ranges, do they change elevation with season, what's driving them to move around the area? Maybe food, maybe hunting pressure, maybe sex)  These are some of the questions that I'm trying to address with this study.  By having more good biological data about any species of wildlife the managing agency (DOFAW) can do a better job managing that animal for all people, including both hunters and conservationist.  I'm sure to some reading this nothing I say will be right but I hope maybe I can clear up some misconceptions.  The data and report that come from this study will be made public for the benefit of all.  In fact I was intending on sending a copy to the Oahu Hunting Association because I figured most hunters using this area would be generally intertested.  I didn't use the forum to offend anyone but I thought that guys hunting in the area might be interested in helping.  Their help is sincerely appreciated. They know this area like the back of their hand.  Thank you! to all of you that contacted me willing to help and talk with me to understand the project.

Finally, the second collar still hasn't been recovered.  The first one was recovered in Kaukonahua Stream and was a hunter kill.  It was recovered back in Sept. and the kill was back in May.

Chris,

As you can see in the quotes above you are contradicting yourself. In your first post you say DOFAW is doing the study. Then in your last post you say its your graduate study project. So in essence you just discredited yourself and DOFAW right there because of what you posted. Now I understand that DOFAW may feel that they will benefit from your graduate study and help with the project. But irregardless it is what it is!!!  In your second post you stated That the study was important for recreational hunting. Lets define recreational shall we...The dictionary states recreational as; "relating to or denoting activity done for enjoyment when one is not working". While hunting for most definitely meets that criteria it doesnt address the fact of subsistence gathering.

By doing this it in fact tries to undermine the very essence of what hunting/gathering is. Which is to provide sustenance/food for oneself and other's. By saying its just recreational then in essence its just a privilege and not a right. To me  hunting/gathering food is a way of life past down through generations and generations. I just wanted to point out that fact because I feel that this subject is very often missed,misunderstood and just downright ignored. And I stoutly believe that our gathering rights should not be infringed!!! As Bradda Mike said hunter's are conservationist in fact i'll go one step further and say hunter's are the first conservationist!

Its cool with me if hunter's want to help you and understand the project etc to me more power to them. Trust me when I say this knowledge is power in this struggle. So the more hunters learn the more educated they become and they can make more informed decisions and have a clearer understanding of what is truly happening.

My issue with this to begin with was your asking for help from the very people you were fencing out. Without even any consideration to come on here to let those same people know MONTHS AGO that it was being fenced off.  I believe outreach is the single most important thing when it comes to these kinds of decisions. I also believe that the LACK OF OUTREACH is the biggest hurdle to address. Look at Kapuna/Keawepilau no outreach was done here as well. Just fenced off with no community/hunter invlovement in the matter. Outreach was in the form of a couple of us going to the check-in station on the opening day of hunting season to pass out fliers telling hunter's they can no longer hunt there because its fenced off. And you guys wonder why theres so much tension and meetings go the way they do.

It goes that way because there is no concern shown on your parts to those of us who actually have ties to these places that run generations deep!!!!! As you stated hunters know these areas like the back of their hands. This is very true, yet you say you need to gather concrete information hmmmmm ok!  Let me ask you this...How long was your study 8 months and running?  What is a lifetime worth? There's hunter's like myself who has spent their entire lives in the mountains studying animal behavior, movements, patterns etc. just so we can get the upper hand while out pursuing them. Sheez, half the time we are tracking them through knowledge gained through years and years of hunting. You have hunters who know mountains so well they can tell you where the animals are any given day but catching them is another matter.

I can go on all night but you get the point if you dont get it then my point is...DO WHAT IS RIGHT AND PONO!!!!!  And maybe just maybe you wont be another Johnny Mahoe!!!

Munsta
Koa Boa
Koa Boa
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Calling all Wahiawa Hunters- Reward  - Page 2 Empty Replacing lost area

Post  Koa Boa Thu Dec 19, 2013 7:08 pm

Chris,

I have another question that I forgot to ask the other night. Does NAR's or DOFAW have any plans to replace the fenced off hunting area? Maybe by opening another area there or creating another hunting area somewhere else or enlarging an existing area to support hunter access and overcrowding issues.

Facilitating access and doing proper outreach will go a long way in doing what is right. I know that you are part of NARS and DOFAW is usually the one dealing with hunting area etc. But being that poamoho was designated a NAR is there anything that Marigold plans to do to help give hunters back what was fenced?

Just curious to see if anything was in the works.
Koa Boa
Koa Boa
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  HYPA Thu Dec 19, 2013 7:28 pm

muns we both know he not going answere that because they not going to open anymore hunting areas.....i think they want to phase out poamoho all together because the state thinks its too much work to enforce laws there.....they would love nothing else to have waiamano and palisades to enforce easy on vehicals close to command and in public eye so people can help tell on hunters.
HYPA
HYPA
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  HYPA Thu Dec 19, 2013 7:57 pm

but Chris please feel free to answer that question. is the state going to replace that one third of legal hunting area with new hunting area and if not how come why is something being taken away from us paying hunters. can we now pay 1/3 of the hunting lic fee?. are we asking for is a simple logical answer and here's another question why can't we just fence aroundd the plant? and is a fence going to stop wind bourne illnesses like Rust? will it stop the birds from bringing in seeds are weneeding a project like this to justify the couple hundred jobs in the RC UH program? is it really about the plants for the grants?

and hunters if you find this pig with the radio collar on it throw that collar in the river not worth a cheap ass hunting backpack or cheap ass nice hell you want one of those come to my house I'll give you one. these guys are doing more damage than good trust me I helped e these people in Schofield I know what's going to happen in that fence line but that was a federal bombing range and this is a public hunting area that we have paid for out of our own pockets.
HYPA
HYPA
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Calling all Wahiawa Hunters- Reward  - Page 2 Empty fuck it

Post  JOSH KUHNS Thu Dec 19, 2013 10:22 pm

Cut all fences plain and simple Fuck it already
JOSH KUHNS
JOSH KUHNS
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  hunters6262 Sat Dec 28, 2013 8:28 pm

Where Chris at ???? Like always they just cheat us lie to us n f**ck us over . Braddah said it right cut fences

hunters6262
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum