Hawaii Sportsman
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Feeder from a pipe

5 posters

Go down

Feeder from a pipe Empty Feeder from a pipe

Post  Nic Barca Sat Nov 14, 2009 9:37 pm

I'm making a feeder with an ADS sewer pipe, the kine they have pictures of on Texasboars.com. Has anyone else tried this? Will try posting pics later. Already bought the tube for $7, wired one end tight, and found a big yogurt container that fits as a lid. Dirt cheap @ $7 + feed. Gonna install on the edge of town where I know there's been pigs.
Nic Barca
Nic Barca
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

http://www.huntfishhawaii.com

Back to top Go down

Feeder from a pipe Empty Re: Feeder from a pipe

Post  Koa Boa Sun Nov 15, 2009 8:52 am

Howzit Nic, yup did it for years it works good it would let me know the pigs were there long before i reached you'll see what im talkin bout
one thing though that might/might not happen in one area I had it the big pigs would chew the hell outta it to get to the stuff inside while in the other areas they never did that so you may have this happen or not just a heads up.

You'll get a kick outta the pigs trashing that thing though its pretty funny watching the pigs whack um and the others fighting for the prize like kids at a pinata party LOL!!!
Koa Boa
Koa Boa
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  Kauai808 Sun Nov 15, 2009 9:43 pm

Nic Barca wrote:I'm making a feeder with an ADS sewer pipe, the kine they have pictures of on Texasboars.com. Has anyone else tried this? Will try posting pics later. Already bought the tube for $7, wired one end tight, and found a big yogurt container that fits as a lid. Dirt cheap @ $7 + feed. Gonna install on the edge of town where I know there's been pigs.

Kilauea farms?
Kauai808
Kauai808
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  Nic Barca Tue Nov 17, 2009 6:38 am

Hows those diggings on the side of the road? Almost hit a big boar several months on the highway at Kilauea Farms. And three months back at dusk, I seen a herd in the horse pasture by the lake. I know a few people there and two of them have pigs in their yard all the time. We used to hunt there as kids. I remember a lot of little ones.
Nic Barca
Nic Barca
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  Kauai808 Tue Nov 17, 2009 7:02 pm

Ya that's my driveway with the diggings. My father in law owns the old house in the frontand has some pigs he's raising by the back house and alot of wild ones come around. I bought Christians soccer field right next door. I see pigs in the yard alot. Mostly small ones but seen a 100 pounder run across the field Tuesday. Been trying to hunt in the back with my bow but haven't got anything yet. Lots of action tho. Gonna borrow a feeder too so hopefully that works good.
Kauai808
Kauai808
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  m16a2soldier Fri Nov 27, 2009 12:08 am

I just built and placed one of these. eager to see how well it worked.
m16a2soldier
m16a2soldier
Piglet
Piglet

Back to top Go down

Feeder from a pipe Empty Lets see some pictures when you get a chance

Post  Ikestr Fri Nov 27, 2009 5:36 am

Awesome
Ikestr
Ikestr
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Feeder from a pipe Empty AHHHHHRG

Post  Nic Barca Tue Dec 01, 2009 10:18 am

I think at least two of my friends, possibly three knew where it was and have been checking it continuously and tossing corn about. No pigs. Just very little corn and lots of happy chickens. They F'd with my rigging too. Should have placed it somewhere hidden. I'm not telling them where the second is. Can't go wrong for ten bucks tho. Mynah
Nic Barca
Nic Barca
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum