Hawaii Sportsman
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hey Dog Hunters!

5 posters

Go down

Hey Dog Hunters! Empty Hey Dog Hunters!

Post  m16a2soldier Mon Nov 23, 2009 3:25 am

got a question for all y'all that hunt with dogs. Why is it that I had a dog hunter walk under my stand today with 5 dogs in an archery only unit? Im talking about unit F. The unit that covers most of the valley up the Pali Highway. Both sides of it. Up to the ridges on both sides. all the way up to the lookout. why was that fella poaching there? leaving his dogs scent everywhere and destroying the opportunities for honest bowhunters? especially when some of us work damn hard to locate and develop good stand sites.
Now I got nothing against using dogs. Not my style but having hunted with a local group using dogs I have alot of respect for the way the dogs work. My issue is why do I keep running into fellow bowhunters up Pali who tell me about encounters they've had with dogs up there. They also tell me that the wardens refuse to enforce the regs up there. Oh so y'all know Im not kidding here is the link to the regs:

http://www.state.hi.us/dlnr/dofaw/hunting/MammalHuntingRegs_Chap123.pdf

Got a pic I want y'all to look closely at. Ever see this sign?

https://servimg.com/view/14559020/2

how about this one?

https://servimg.com/view/14559020/3

I know that some of dont regularly use the entrance by the sign. I dont. But its amazing to me that some people must not know how to read.

The hunter I ran into today, heck I tracked his dogs in from the start of my trail. tracked him back out too. so the excuse he gave me of just follwing his dog chasing a pig from way down below doesnt hold water. My point being that he knew before I told him that he was poaching that he had no business there. The unit up Pali is for bowhunters only. Almost every other public unit allows dogs. so there is no excuse for this nonsense.

Since it seems we bowhunters can expect little help from Dofaw on this,(Ive been told repeatedly that complaints go unanswerd) I ask that all of my fellow hunters. bow, gun, or dog police each other. Its largely up to us anyway to follow the rules so lets do what we can to ensure everybody else is doing it too.
m16a2soldier
m16a2soldier
Piglet
Piglet

Back to top Go down

Hey Dog Hunters! Empty Re: Hey Dog Hunters!

Post  evan Mon Nov 23, 2009 7:25 am

rotten eggs...
evan
evan
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  UpFront Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:05 am

Hey Dog Hunters! Bad-apple One bad apple. A lot of the dog guys are good ethical Hunters the guys that use dogs and poach are not Hunters, they are just shitbags that give the Hunters bad names and believe me the real Hunters are sick of it. The kind of guys that do this stuff like throw gut piles in peoples yards, trample through whatever property they want, hunt illegal areas, hunt out of season, etc, etc, not to mention steal equipment from the woods. These assholes are a real thorn in the side of the entire hunting community not just the guys that hunt with dogs.
There is not enough enforcement out there so too many guys are breaking the rules and there is a domino effect as a result. The attitude seems to be "well fuck it, I guess I'll do whatever the hell I want too" Fuck that! wise up guys. You ever notice how many lurkers are on this site that just check in to snag info? It's bullshit.
The way things are going there is going to be closures of areas and no place for our Keiki to hunt when they grow up. How we going explain to them how we couldn't even manage ourselves so that's why there is no game for them to hunt and nowhere for them hunt even if there was game?
Oh yeah, and to the guys that steal equipment from the woods, fuck you, you are the worst of them all.
UpFront
UpFront
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  m16a2soldier Mon Nov 23, 2009 6:43 pm

well put dave
m16a2soldier
m16a2soldier
Piglet
Piglet

Back to top Go down

Post  Koa Boa Fri Nov 27, 2009 9:30 am

Soldier,

Although I hear,understand and agree with what youre saying I am a little ticked off at the way you come across namely your comments about the sign. I dont know maybe its just me but Im taking it as youre being cocky about it. I will assure you that alot of us can read and do read and follow the rules and regs and alot of us myself being one of them that have fought for our ability to hunt at all (all types of hunting including archery). So before you start getting cocky with all of us (dog hunters) maybe you should stop and think before you speak and how you address who you address. Remember we have bad apples in every bunch and achery is not immune to this either ask me how I know.

Bottomline no need to get cocky with all of us its not appreciated!

Thanks!
Koa Boa
Koa Boa
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  m16a2soldier Fri Nov 27, 2009 4:21 pm

not getting cocky or trying to sound cocky with honest hunters. just knuckleheads like the jackass I ran into. if you are an honest hunter then why get pissed at me? instead help crack down on these poachers who ignore the rules. these are the guys who are ruining the hunting for us honest folks. as I said in my original post, I have much respect for dog hunting. Ive followed a pack and have gotten to watch them work. Im going after these dishonest pricks.
Getting pissed at me isnt the correct answer partner. Makes me wonder and want to say something Im not going to here. You dont like it? cool. police your fellow hunters. make sure the people you hunt with are doing it right, and this will never come up again. this applies to all schools of hunting.
m16a2soldier
m16a2soldier
Piglet
Piglet

Back to top Go down

Post  Koa Boa Sat Nov 28, 2009 12:16 am

ok I'm gonna take the high road here. In your original post you addressed ALL dog hunters so that included me. All I'm gonna say is that the person you saw and others like them are a huge pain to EVERYONE as upfront already said. For your info I am an honest hunter and have been fighting for the privelege to hunt (again all types) probably longer than you been alive so tone it down son.

obviously you are new here so I excuse you and you made the right call in not writing what you wanted to because it was probably very wrong and only make you look like a clown. those on this forum that know me can vouch for me. and BTW, I hunt all discipline's including archery so relax.

oh yeah one last thing what do you propose we honest hunters do to stop this sorta thing??? because obviously those types of people already know their doin it illegally? You don't think that this been goin on for awhile now? it aint a new thing partner! so how do we police them?

what u suggest I do to the archer's I catch over the years dumping my bait,sitting in my stand,stealing my gamecam n dripper's, pulling out my scent post and cutting my pipe feeders cable n throwing it down the gulch.

I can go on if you want like I said I don't come on here callin out all those that enjoy archery and are honest hunters because I know that these are bad apples plain n simple. I even sent you a PM a little while ago tryin to help.

lastly I work on schofield if you wanna discuss this further I'd be glad to meet you.

Aloha!

Dave, Couldn't agree more!!!
Koa Boa
Koa Boa
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  bigislandhunter Sat Nov 28, 2009 1:01 am

Ok guys pau already. No need argue.
bigislandhunter
bigislandhunter
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  UpFront Sat Nov 28, 2009 1:19 am

A while back I had somebody swipe a knock feeder as well, why do they do that? scratch The hogs were having so much fun with it.
UpFront
UpFront
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  Koa Boa Sat Nov 28, 2009 1:57 am

BigIslandHunter, Aint arguing with him just stating the facts he's the one using that tone but its all good.

Dave, I have no clue why the hell they do that stuff but they do. Unfortunately for us that work hard and spend our hard earned money
buying this stuff just to get it stolen just irritates the hell outta me.

Aloha and Happy Huntin'
Koa Boa
Koa Boa
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  bigislandhunter Sat Nov 28, 2009 1:59 am

ok koa my bad. I understand. happy hunting
bigislandhunter
bigislandhunter
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  m16a2soldier Sat Nov 28, 2009 8:22 am

ok. Koa I get what you say. I do apologize to the honest hunters here of all schools. how I suggest we deal with the pricks who arent follloing the rules? Heres what I started doing. carrying a digital camera every time I hunt. that way i can take a picture of the poachers and maybe get some results out of DLNR. how you deal with idiots screwing up your sets? Honestly thats your call on how to do that. Im not sure of the laws concerning this. If I thought it would help, and not cause even more trouble, I'd say beat his a@@. about all I can suggest is get creative.
I catch someone no matter how they hunt doing the wrong thing, im going to get my camera busy and turn them in. I feel thats the only way Im going to get results on this. but as I keep saying. 1 person doing this aint gonna do it. all of us doing it will. You honest? damn good thing. and I apologize for how I came across, if it seems I was accusing all dog hunters of stupidity. I say again that I have respect for dog hunters having worked with a crew of them. damn good crew too.
m16a2soldier
m16a2soldier
Piglet
Piglet

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum