Hawaii Sportsman
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Treestands

5 posters

Go down

Treestands Empty Treestands

Post  808-phreak Tue Dec 01, 2009 9:56 pm

What kind of stands are guys useing, climbers, ladder, hang on's? I use a summit climber when I'm in da mainland. Orderd a gorila hang on from cabelas cause it was on sale, but had it stolen. Looking to get another stand so seeing what people are putting out in the woods.

808-phreak
Piglet
Piglet

Back to top Go down

Treestands Empty Trestands

Post  Jedi8541 Wed Dec 02, 2009 2:30 am

Back on the mainland thats what I use is a summit viper. I have as of yet sat in a better tree stand. Today they are making them light enough to take everywhere with you and they pack easily into and out of the woods. Hunting is all about being in the right spot at the right time. You cant beat a "climber" for portability. The down side side is the cost. A new climber is half as much as a truck payment. Craigslist or ebay might be the way to go.
Jedi8541
Jedi8541
Piglet
Piglet

Back to top Go down

Treestands Empty Re: Treestands

Post  hawgandawg Wed Dec 02, 2009 4:20 am

I have a couple of treestands that I used when I was stationed in Nebraska(whitetail hunting). They are all hanging type. Two are identical(from Bass Pro Shops), they use a "T" that is screwed into the tree with a hole in the upper frame to hang the stand. If I remember correctly, there is a strap to secure the top part of the frame. The third stand is a Loc-On "Lem". The 4th is from Cabelas. It's been a while since I looked at it. I think the base is hexagon shaped that folds in half. The seat is used as a back pad while you pack it in. If anybody is interested in any of them, send me a PM and make me an offer, I can take pictures of them and e-mail them to you. I don't use them anymore, hunting with dogs now.
hawgandawg
hawgandawg
small kine choppers
small kine choppers

Back to top Go down

Post  UpFront Wed Dec 02, 2009 4:21 am

old rotten wood and rusty nails, it's part of the adventure. affraid
UpFront
UpFront
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  bakeplus34pu Wed Dec 02, 2009 6:30 am

I never tried sitting on a rusty nail...maybe hurt too much? I have always used hang-on stands, but would like to try a climber sometime. I have a nice one from Cabellas that works well and is easy to set up. The only thing I don't like about hang-on stands is the climbing pegs. How difficult is it to climb up and down a tree in a climber?

Thanks,
Hunter Steve
bakeplus34pu
bakeplus34pu
small kine choppers
small kine choppers

Back to top Go down

Post  808-phreak Wed Dec 02, 2009 6:58 am

Climbers are pretty easy to use. Im a bigger guy, and once I got used to it, I could get to 20 ft. in no time.

808-phreak
Piglet
Piglet

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum