Hawaii Sportsman
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PIGS AND SCENT

2 posters

Go down

PIGS AND SCENT Empty PIGS AND SCENT

Post  mossyoakhntr05 Wed Dec 09, 2009 9:34 am

SO THE WINDS CHANGE FAIRLY OFTEN AROUND THE ISLANDS, GETTING IN CLOSE TO PIGS COULD PRESENT SOME SERIOUS SENT PROBLEMS. HOW KEEN ARE THESE HOGS NOSES, SHOULD I BE A SENT FREAK OR WILL IT NOT REALLY BOTHER THEM SO MUCH. I MAINLY HUNT FROM THE GROUND AS OF NOW, SO SCENTING CAN BE A PROBLEM FOR ME IF THEY ARE. IVE HEARD THAT PIGS NOSES ARENT THE PROBLEM ITS THEIR EYES AND EARS THAT GET YA, BUT IVE HEARD THE COMPLETE OPPISITE RESCENTLY ALSO, SO IM COMING TO YALL. THANKS GUYS
mossyoakhntr05
mossyoakhntr05
Piglet
Piglet

Back to top Go down

PIGS AND SCENT Empty Re: PIGS AND SCENT

Post  Kauai808 Wed Dec 09, 2009 5:52 pm

well i'm not the most experienced hunter but with that being said I have a feeder set out at my property and i've been watching it for a couple weeks. I seen pigs out there most of the time but lately the winds have been coming out of the wrong direction and I haven't seen a thing. I've gone a few times and the wind was coming out of the oposite direction or there was no wind at all. Sat there for hours and not even a peep. I go back the next day and the corn is gone. I cant wait for our trades to come back. So I think scent has a big thing to do with pigs especially hunting from ground.
Kauai808
Kauai808
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  mossyoakhntr05 Wed Dec 09, 2009 9:22 pm

ya i kinda figured thats how it was, i geuss ima just have to play the wind and be smart about my scent. hey thanx for the info howzit huntin over there?any good this fall?
mossyoakhntr05
mossyoakhntr05
Piglet
Piglet

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum