Hawaii Sportsman
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rubbish!!!!!!!

+10
Maui Boar Hunter
seanboy
alikaf
hawgandawg
Koa Boa
kanaka
hog428
MAUKAKANE1
CAVE CANEM
All Balls
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Rubbish!!!!!!! Empty Rubbish!!!!!!!

Post  All Balls Sat Feb 13, 2010 6:45 am

I jus wanna kno y da hell people sell rubbish dogs???!!!!!
my friend jus got 1 dog from dis guys bought um for 150 tells my friend dat da dogs get action and we take da mut hunting yesterday a showed um 4 boars and never did shit!!!!!! we shud all kokua each other dats fuked up if u jus goin "SELL" your rubbish to young boys dat is obilvious to dat and take their money jus cuz u no lik deal wit rubbish dats fuked come on!!!!!!! Evil or Very Mad
All Balls
All Balls
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Rubbish!!!!!!! Empty Re: Rubbish!!!!!!!

Post  CAVE CANEM Sat Feb 13, 2010 7:15 am

Howzit Ktown! It definately is shiddy that get guys out there that lie just to get a dog with less promise off of their hands and kala in. The 2 best ways to lessen the chance of getting into a shady deal is to see the dog work with his original owner and pack or to ask for a trial period but with the trial period you still run the risk of the dog not being completely comfortable with you and where he stands within your pack within the trial period.
CAVE CANEM
CAVE CANEM
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Rubbish!!!!!!! Empty BOOOMM!!!

Post  MAUKAKANE1 Sat Feb 13, 2010 11:55 am

Dis subject was a powder keg waiting to go off, NO!
yah das shitty, but if no mo demand, then no mo supply.
OOOUUURRRRYTE.

MAUKAKANE1
Onipa'a a ku ha'aheo
MAUKAKANE1
MAUKAKANE1
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  hog428 Sat Feb 13, 2010 2:33 pm

This really bums me out I love to raise and sell dogs the seller should stand up! unless you are told that the dog is less than and ace they should preform but some dogs do not match what ever the case the seller should satisfy the buyer are these boys just starting out if so pm maybe I can help them out

hog428
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Rubbish!!!!!!! Empty rubbish

Post  kanaka Sat Feb 13, 2010 6:38 pm

Cuz I hope your friend got his money back.

kanaka
Piglet
Piglet

Back to top Go down

Post  Koa Boa Sat Feb 13, 2010 8:05 pm

MAUKAKANE1 wrote:Dis subject was a powder keg waiting to go off, NO!
yah das shitty, but if no mo demand, then no mo supply.
OOOUUURRRRYTE.

MAUKAKANE1
Onipa'a a ku ha'aheo

+1 My Bradda

With all the guys that selling dogs maybe should have or make a "Good/Bad Seller" list or something like that. That way if someone sells dogs the buyer can post whether the dog lived up to expectations or not. I know that some dogs may be different when running with a new pack/owner etc but if the guy tell you the dog grab solid and caught you pig etc and you get to the pig and he does nothing IMO thats a negative. And that person should be identified etc if people who buy dogs start posting this kine stuff then theres less of a chance that others will get screwed from buying from the same seller. Also a way to keep the sellers honest about what they are selling and to me for the dogs that catch pig etc if that dog is as good as the seller says it is then I see no reasaon why the seller wouldnt agree to a trial period agreed upon by both buyer/seller jus like Bradda Isaac said.
Koa Boa
Koa Boa
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  All Balls Sat Feb 13, 2010 8:57 pm

yah thats all good ideas guys it jus sickens me when we should kokua each other yah i know get some old timers that hate when get new young boys hunting in "their" grounds but thats no rite for them 2 sell their rubbish to someone and tell um dat da dog cherry. I personally had an issue lik dat but the guy gav um 2 me for free and i ended up jus dumping the mut but selling it is a whole other issue. I dont know what 2 say when it comes to that kine shit thats just beyond FUKED UP!!!!!
All Balls
All Balls
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  hawgandawg Sat Feb 13, 2010 9:22 pm

Howzit, KTown. Did the guy give you a "Trial period"? You should go back to him and see if you can return the dog and get your kala back. If the guy is a real hunter and wants to preserve his integrity, he would return your money and take the dog back. Unless you know someone real good, buying a good dog for $150 that is supposed to be "on it" is a rarity. A lot of guys are selling weaned off pups at that price, usually more. If I were you, I'd just call the guy or go see him in person and let him know that the dog didn't perform as advertised, if he's a real hunter, he'll give you your money back. Hopefully you guys come to a peaceful resolution.

About 10 years ago, I bought this female from this guy that told me she was his "old ace tracker". Before handing over the money, I asked him if she didn't work out for me, could I bring her back. He was so sure that this dog was an ace, he told me I could try her out for as long as I wanted. If she didn't show, I could bring her back. After 3 weekends(the dog wouldn't go more than 20 to 30 yards in front on the trail, then wait, then stay by my leg for awhile, then go in front 20-30 yards{some ace tracker, huh?}), I brought the dog back. At first he was kinda pissed, but I reminded him that he told me that I could try the dog as long as I wanted, and if the dog didn't perform as advertised, he would refund me. To make a long story short, after some calm talking, I got my money back.

Good luck!!!
hawgandawg
hawgandawg
small kine choppers
small kine choppers

Back to top Go down

Post  All Balls Sat Feb 13, 2010 9:37 pm

ya hawgandawg was my friend that got the dog the guy said was 11 months he took um hunting once and the dogs jus stayed back and bayed so my friend was all stoked cuz he get 1 heeler dat grabs super hard and doesnt bark at all so he thought it would be good 2 hav 1 bark dog 2 help his other dog out. My fren is still kinda fresh 2 hunting so he told me and my other friend to take um with our ace dogs and lik i said we showed um 4 different boars fresh tracks and all and the dog never showed 1 sign of having any type of action.
All Balls
All Balls
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  CAVE CANEM Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:10 pm

If the seller only took the dog on 1 hunt he really had no idea of what the dog would do! Also if the dog is only 11 months old there is a good chance that it hasn't built up its confidence enough to action. I've got a dog that I started taking along when she was 8 months old and she showed all the promise I could ask for but today she turns 2 and only on the last 8 hunts has she started going to the other dogs when they hit and only on the last 3 hunts has she started going out with the rest of the pack and looking! I contemplated giving up on her a few times and also had her on Craigslist for quite awhile after every hunt we went on the only thing she would track was birds! She still tracks and flushes birds! Laughing I think the deal your friend made was a novice mistake but it happens to all of us at one point or another when we are getting started unless you pick up your dogs from guys who you know very well.
CAVE CANEM
CAVE CANEM
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  alikaf Sun Feb 14, 2010 2:29 am

k-town, 150? didn't that price throw up a red flag..... good dogs don't sale for that much. the guy that sold the dog got you..... the best way to make a dog is spend more time in the hills with the dogs, and less time in the kennels... that's the only way u know that the dog is a good dog...... alika flores
alikaf
alikaf
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  All Balls Sun Feb 14, 2010 4:09 am

this isnt my dog this is a friend of mines dog and he told us to take um and run um wit our ace dogs ive delt wit these types of problems wen i was yung boi and first starting to hunt even i kno betterbut my issue is y do guys do dat kine shit in the first place
All Balls
All Balls
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  seanboy Mon Feb 15, 2010 2:24 am

Das f up....But I agree, basically you get what u pay for.$250 wouldnt buy the toenails of one of my dogs..Nobody going sell you a fairly good dog for less than 4-$500..And the dogs that slam pigs would not go for less than $1000 unless thats your real good friend.... every one I know would not sell thier ace for less than a $1000.... Nobody going let go thier good dog unless they quitting hunt or they have brood stock to make more of those...Most hunters are honest about thier dog and there are some just want to rid of thier problem.....I see plenty people buy 3-$400 dogs told they were good and aint amount to nothin...they buy them and not satisfied with them and they stuck with them....das shitty...I remember if you wanted good bloodline dogs from good breeders for pups 5-9 months never know nothing would be $500 firm, dogs backtracking and grabing pig would be $1000, and finished dogs were $1500 and up..I knew of dogs sold for as much as $4500....the only good way to buy dogs unless you know the dogs bloodline history and you know the breeder, is get them when they about 8 months and dont know nothing about pig and train um how you like, that way you dont end up with bad habits that grown into the dog from its previous owner. Perfect age you dont have to worry about shots and dealing with all the puppy noise jus pick up and the training begins jus feed, worm and hunt....But then again some dogs take time getting used to his/her new owner...Alot of dogs are like that...sometimes dogs are raised and hunted by only one man and they dont know only that one man....you bring them on the hunt and expect the dog to perform and they dont because you are like a stranger to them and they dont know anyone else and shy off the pig..Also another good way is to hunt with the original owner and the dog before you buy...that way the dog is comfortable and the owner can show you what him/her can do and you can judge how he/she performs and decide wether the dog is worth the money....Jus my 2 aloha and good luck
seanboy
seanboy
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  alikaf Mon Feb 15, 2010 3:23 am

k-town tell your friend how much he welling to spend for a real dog..............?.................. Alika flores
alikaf
alikaf
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Rubbish!!!!!!! Empty Rubbish

Post  Maui Boar Hunter Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:17 am

I was getting back into hunting and decided to buy some trained dogs. I bought some dogs from Kauai from a guy I bought in the past from. When I got the two dogs I took the dog in the mountain with my friends pack to see what the new dogs could do. That day we caught two pigs. The new dogs did not show any interest in the pigs that we caught. They both stood there like they have never seen a pig before while my friends pack was scrapping the pig. I was pretty upset that I thought I got me some scrubs. I called the owner and told him that that I was disappointed with the dogs he sold me. He told me to let the dog get use to you and that is what I did. I waited for the dogs to trust me and when they both did they ended up being pretty decent dogs. My advise is that if the dogs don't show any interest it is because he is in a new pack and a new master. Let the dog trust you and feel comfortable around you first. Now if you had the dog for awhile and no change then you got your self a scrub. How long did your friend wait before he took the dog hunting? How many hunts has the dog been on with the new pack? You should give the dog a chance before calling it a scrub. Just my opinion! Keep us posted on how the dog is doing? Is your friend going to give the dog a chance or is he going to give it to the pound?

Maui Boar Hunter
Piglet
Piglet

Back to top Go down

Post  alikaf Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:24 am

wright on "maui boar" u hit the nail, wright on the head..... A knew dog needs the time to get use to u and the knew dogs in the pack, be for they can show what they know. Most people think when they buy a dog they want it track, grab,back track,and even drive the truck to the hunting grounds...i think u jus need to give the time to get use to the way u hunt your pack...try not to expect to much from the dog, just let the dog do it's thing..... Any hunter can tell u that in a pack of hunting dogs there's always a rank. and the knew dog needs to find out where "he" {the knew dog} stands in that rank of a whole different pack of dog, that it's not use to...... but if the guy that sold u the dog said that the dog is one ace dog, and it real isn't. that's real bad!!!! if he knew the dog was a none working dog he should have just been up front with your......Aloha & god bless............. Alika flores
alikaf
alikaf
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  Koa Boa Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:44 am

Hmmmmmm I hear all this talk about money and this and that I remember the days when hunta's like my Dad would GIVE people dogs FOR FREE and im not talking SCRUBS either but REAL F'N HAMMA'S not $1000 shoe polishas. Alot of times if a hunta fell on hard times I remember some would come to our house and my Dad would just tell um here take that dog this dog they will train you dogs and they did just that. I remember as a kid I couldnt believe the caliber of dogs my Dad GAVE AWAY thought he was nuts. But his words to me was "Boy when another Hunta need help and its within your means to help um out help um especially with dogs, what goes around comes around" and was the way it was.

Now days its ridiculous its all about the F'n money all I gotta say is BE REAL my braddas Rubbish!!!!!!! Icon_evil
Koa Boa
Koa Boa
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  Koa Boa Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:56 am

I also feel that a knew dog DOESNT ALWAYS need time with thier new owner to be able to hunt thats BULLSHIT in my book. Dont get me wrong as ive seen it happen but I DONT FEEL THATS ITS A MUST!!!!!!!!! I get dogs right now that if I gave um to anyone to hunt I WOULD BET MY LIFE THAT THEY WOULD LOCKDOWN when the time comes NO MATTA WHO THEY HUNTIN WITH.....THEY HUNT PERIOD!!!

You mean to tell me that if I pay $1000 or even 500 plus for one dog and I show them one pig and they staring at um like one referee **** DAT I wouldnt spend hard earned money on referee's PERIOD!

Thats why I feel that the trial is the best because even if you hunt with the owner of the dog and see what they do with the owner that doesnt mean theyll do it for you. Ive hunted with and seen one man dogs thats just how it is but if they dont perform for you then it just doesnt matta what they do with the owner.

Sorry for the rant my braddas just tired of seeing odda braddas gettin burned from outta huntas for thier HARD EARNED money especially in this financially hard times thats all im out.

Bradda Muns
Koa Boa
Koa Boa
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  hog428 Mon Feb 15, 2010 8:50 am

WOW!! this is heavy your wright koa when you say a dog you have payed big money for should hit the ground running I just went through this with my best dog I have ever sold I took him to the guy hunted with the guy caught three boars every body was happy he payed me far more than 1000.00 and was happy to pay it I went home two weeks later I get a phone call he will not hunt I was like WHAT!!! yep for real ho I was thinking all kinds of things what had happen?? when I sold the dog I told him no guns and no cane knife if he had to cut trail he would stop hunting I NEVER CUT TRAIL a dog that is 5 years old who has a one on one a true connection lives by his masters hunting style so I traded for a younger dog and returned the better portion of the money the young dog has worked out well he calls me now with up dates on the dog and as far as helping out other hunters real hunters not for barging rights ALWAYS I always have a dog for a hunter who hunts to live and lives to hunt nc I love to train dogs for sale I hope I get the call telling me the dog is the best dog they ever owned all sales of top money dogs should always be open for return but pay later NA I have been burnt many times half up front never see the last half know the seller or somebody who does

hog428
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  Koa Boa Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:43 pm

Howzit Bradda Ray, Right on my bradda thats what im talking about openess and integrity. You told the buyer the conditions of the dog hunting and not hunting (No guns and No cutting trail) or the dog will shut down and not hunt. Although for some hunting with guns and cutting trail is just part of the way they hunt but isnt yours and you made this clear to them so they KNEW what would happen if they did it. Also you had they integrity enough to trade out and send him another dog that is fitting in better with the buyer and returned a better part of monies received, WHY? Because YOU STAND BEHIND YOUR DOGS!!! Thats something thats lacking now days!

Someone else without the same integrity possibly would have argued that he didnt know why the dog has stopped hunting but you aint getting your money back and this and that blah,blah,blah

What gets me about this subject is the GREED that has taken over so that why its a little hot topic with me. And some hunters that know me know ive GIVEN away dogs that I bought because they needed help etc. they asked me why I giving them dogs I paid for so I told them cause they need the help. I live by the words my Dad told me a very long time ago.

No get me wrong I can understand guys selling dogs but BE HONEST in what you selling and STAND BEHIND what you say. And NO SELL RUBBISH AND SAY ITS AN ACE!!!!!
Koa Boa
Koa Boa
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Rubbish!!!!!!! Empty Patience Daniel-san

Post  MAUKAKANE1 Mon Feb 15, 2010 11:06 pm

Hog428 I think you stand above most with your approach to selling a dog. Providing the potential buyer with an un-biased opinion of your dogs working trait (personal ego prevents the absolute truth to surface because it is taken as a reflection of the owner.) Coupled with a return or partial return + trade off for younger potential dog, shows that your intention is above the mighty dollar.
Bradda Muns, I know exactly where you and your fathers belief on hunting dogs are coming from. Still going on ova here but notice it is kept more "in da ohana" these days. Seems like everybody and their brother wants some good dogs nowadays and money is the cure for that ill. I wonder. What is the monetary value of getting up at 4 a.m. twice a week, rain or shine for months to intimately train our own dogs for ourselves. Dogs it seems have gone the way of commercial commodities. I give you money, in exchange I give you product. This is the state of the world as it is today and it sickens me that it has crept its way into our tradition.
A knife a rifle a bow, I can sell you these "products" and tell you EXACTLY how it will perform. You take it out and you see that it does exactly as stated and as you the buyer has expected. "Product".

SELLERS- As trainers and handlers of living, breathing, sentient beings can we honestly say that this dog will do this and that 100% of the time in complete absolution. We can give a good portion of the percentage and that is all. understand that this is not a "product" and that it has its own conscience.

BUYERS- As trainers/handlers of living breathing, psychological creatures we should automatically know that there will be a possible degree of variation in what the seller is telling us and to be prepared for it no matter how slight or great the the degree.

In both seller and buyer you will see that they both start off with the same meaning. This I define as true outdoorsman. Hunter. The realization being that these things vary to some degree. They change to some degree.They re-adapt to some degree. They evolve to some degree. Social dynamics as with all living beings is in a free flowing state. Shifting and changeable to some degree.

Reciept in hand, we automatically return to the store if we unwittingly bought a defective item. Straight to warranty if something gets out of whack or needs repair. Demand to take the steak back cuz its well done and we wanted it rare. We want our products to be exactly as stated, any variation in it makes us feel like "your trying to trick me" " I work hard fo dis and you trying to rip me off".

In certain situations you have every right to get the exact product that your hard earned money has paid for.
Most being inanimate products.

Living breathing beings are dynamic and changing to some degree. Are you the same as you were 20 yrs ago?
To some degree yes. To some degree no.

MAUKAKANE1
Onipa'a a ku ha'aheo
MAUKAKANE1
MAUKAKANE1
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  huntaz only Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:05 am

also when u put a big dollar price on a dog ,some hunters think its a champ. i gave good dogs away for free and blew those $1500. away ,hunters just be honest why rip people off , for what good luck hunters Brad
huntaz only
huntaz only
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  seanboy Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:25 am

Koa Boa wrote:Howzit Bradda Ray, Right on my bradda thats what im talking about openess and integrity. You told the buyer the conditions of the dog hunting and not hunting (No guns and No cutting trail) or the dog will shut down and not hunt. Although for some hunting with guns and cutting trail is just part of the way they hunt but isnt yours and you made this clear to them so they KNEW what would happen if they did it. Also you had they integrity enough to trade out and send him another dog that is fitting in better with the buyer and returned a better part of monies received, WHY? Because YOU STAND BEHIND YOUR DOGS!!! Thats something thats lacking now days!

Someone else without the same integrity possibly would have argued that he didnt know why the dog has stopped hunting but you aint getting your money back and this and that blah,blah,blah

What gets me about this subject is the GREED that has taken over so that why its a little hot topic with me. And some hunters that know me know ive GIVEN away dogs that I bought because they needed help etc. they asked me why I giving them dogs I paid for so I told them cause they need the help. I live by the words my Dad told me a very long time ago.

No get me wrong I can understand guys selling dogs but BE HONEST in what you selling and STAND BEHIND what you say. And NO SELL RUBBISH AND SAY ITS AN ACE!!!!!

Yup I agree 100% braddah muns...Guys gotta be honest....No say da dog is dis and dat and da dog aint...If da dog has bad habits tell da buyer!!!No b.s. and make the dog look perfect, only going make the seller look bad especially if they bought da dog for some scripts..well said braddah..
seanboy
seanboy
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Rubbish!!!!!!! Empty reply

Post  YOUNG DOG Tue Feb 16, 2010 1:25 am

sup sean!hows big black doing?what about dat dog i bought for 1500 u know which one!lol i hunted dat dog for 3 months 2-3 times a week neva caught a pig neva even came back wit a cut........i tink big prices on dogs dont mean a garanteed dog unless u actually hunt dat dog long enough to know what u bought...

YOUNG DOG
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  seanboy Tue Feb 16, 2010 4:32 am

Mana boi....Black died in battle.... yup dat big number dog idk lol....You shoulda hunt with um or try um first...if you never like um you coulda return to da owner..At leaast u got some of ur $ back....I heard she doing good wit da owner now....
seanboy
seanboy
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next