Hawaii Sportsman
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Black mouth cur?

2 posters

Go down

Black mouth cur? Empty Black mouth cur?

Post  Daniel_Peterson Thu Mar 11, 2010 7:58 pm

Anyone Got any? Or anyone have some experience with the breed, or have likes or dislikes? Ears are open.
Daniel_Peterson
Daniel_Peterson
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Black mouth cur? Empty Re: Black mouth cur?

Post  CAVE CANEM Fri Mar 12, 2010 3:27 am

Howzit Daniel_Peterson! Depending on what line of BMC you're looking at I can get you in touch with some top notch info. Just remember like any breed they're all gonna have their culls, faults and differences among differrent pedigrees. If you look into the breed you're gonna hear about Ben Weatherford ALOT! Laughing If you can find a direct descendant of him linebred and you're willing to throw down the $ it will be $ well spent! Be very weary though as it is like any fad alot of guys outcrossed and then crossed back but never mention this in the pedigree (They've only got $$$ on their minds) and when bred you could get a throwback to the outcross which will produce unwanted traits at the least! Like I said if you know what line you're looking into let me know and I will do my best to get you in contact with guys who already live this line if not the originator or their kids as some namesakes have passed on! I don't own any but do enjoy talking stories with guys who swear by them! Good luck!
CAVE CANEM
CAVE CANEM
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Black mouth cur? Empty Bmc

Post  Daniel_Peterson Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:53 am

Yea i am researching but i cant find much feed back on the different lines. Anything more that you could inform me on them would be nice, or hook me up with someone with solid information. Ive been just taking my time looking around at all the different breeders and what not, checking the baydog site. But everything on those sites are how the dogs work for the owners, not people buying from them. So i am not to sure were to begin, the Ben Weatherford comes up allot but just like you said, never really know about the past breedings to make the dog you see. So why don't you have any not your hunting style or just got what works for you and sticken to it?
Mahalos
Daniel_Peterson
Daniel_Peterson
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  CAVE CANEM Fri Mar 12, 2010 9:16 am

I like my crosses but have thought about picking up a BMC and if anything breeding it with one of my females. I Pmed you some contact info on Ronnie who owns Rockin P Ranch and he has Hutto,Taylor, and Ladner BMCs and is a great guy that loves to talk dogs . I also sent you information for Jay Hutto from Hutto Hounds (He breeds the Hutto BMC) but I would reccommend talking to Ronnie first and see if he has any puppies outta Nacho & Kate as Jay is a good guy but due to breeding these dogs for over 40 years he can get very pushy! Laughing Good luck and if I can offer any more help no shame PM me!
CAVE CANEM
CAVE CANEM
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down