Hawaii Sportsman
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

big island boar

+9
HYPA
evan
Babooze
eric@hawaiisportsman
KANUHA BROTHERS
s_wright121
Vidinha
Ambusher
Admin
13 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

big island boar - Page 2 Empty Scale weight

Post  Ambusher Sun Dec 28, 2008 6:59 pm

das right, I weigh 'em all on da hoof, cause I hate people who talk smack. If you look at some of the pics in boarhunter mag, I think some of those guys were on the crip! The table above looks pretty accurate according to my own measures. Happy Holidays and hope you guys are stayin' High and Dry cause we gettin' choke rain hea.
Ambusher
Ambusher
Piglet
Piglet

http://bowhuntinghawaii.com/

Back to top Go down

big island boar - Page 2 Empty Re: big island boar

Post  Misadventure Gear Mon Dec 29, 2008 9:00 pm

What a nice Chirstmas present......Santa was good to you this year. Very Happy I was wondering though, how far you have to go to get those hogs out......I usually have a couple miles and there is no way I want to tote out extra weight in the form of guts. I'd love to know live weight, but not that bad!!!!
Misadventure Gear
Misadventure Gear
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

http://www.misadventuregear.com

Back to top Go down

Post  UpFront Mon Dec 29, 2008 10:13 pm

aren't you supposed to gut em as soon as possible anyway?
UpFront
UpFront
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

big island boar - Page 2 Empty Guttin' & Weighin'

Post  Ambusher Mon Dec 29, 2008 11:22 pm

I'm usually home within an hour or so and I don't like to gut where I hunt, although, they'll just canabalize his ass anyway. They're usually still steamin' inside and not even stiff yet. I do a low impact style of hunting where the rest of the herd never knows I was there, which allows me to return over and over and not bump them or change their feeding times or habits. On that 270# and on another 240# I actually packed my scale in with me, weighed 'em, processed and rolled, not to return to that area for a long while. You can see the scale hangin' in da tree in some shots. I use a homemade hog dragger made out of a 5" piece of 3/4" PVC with a 5' piece of heavy nylon cord tied through it in a loop, which I double around the upper teeth. If its a ways out, and they're not too heavy, I'll do the ole backpack trick. I realize most guys don't have access to semi flat land like me, here on the big eye, and de-bone or gut and pack 'em. big island boar - Page 2 Img_0212 big island boar - Page 2 Img_1211 big island boar - Page 2 Img_0811
Ambusher
Ambusher
Piglet
Piglet

http://bowhuntinghawaii.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2