Hawaii Sportsman
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

let the babies grow!

+16
REVOLUTION
hog killahz inc.
volcano mustang
SAVELLA BLOOD
steady n' ready
HYPA
always packin neva ackin
Joenutz
wessider
glimmer man
huntahchick
Kauai Boy
BUBBA'S HOG DOG'Z SUPPLY
BRIAN AKINA
Wahiawa hunta
koa96727
20 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

let the babies grow! Empty let the babies grow!

Post  koa96727 Sat Jul 24, 2010 1:03 pm

some people should learn how 2 cut and let go pigs not kill everything they see
koa96727
koa96727
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

let the babies grow! Empty Re: let the babies grow!

Post  Wahiawa hunta Sat Jul 24, 2010 2:13 pm

That kinda hard for do wen ur dog kill um fast and u can't do nothin about it rite
Wahiawa hunta
Wahiawa hunta
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  BRIAN AKINA Sat Jul 24, 2010 5:30 pm

EVERY PACK HAS IT'S OWN ATTACK !!!! NOT LIKE DA POPULATION GOIN DECREASE.
DA BUGGAHZ BREED LIKE RABBITZ , OR SHALL I SAY LIKE US !!!! HAHAHAHAHA !!! CHEEEE=HU !!!
BUT ON DA REAL, WE TRYIN' 2 BREED/CUT & LET GROW !!!! AS FAR AS IN DA MOUNTAIN IF CAN GET 2'M FAST, DEN CAN !!! ADA DEN DAT ......ALL BUS, STRETCHED OUT, TOTALLED !!!!
BRIAN AKINA
BRIAN AKINA
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

let the babies grow! Empty CAN, CAN!!

Post  BUBBA'S HOG DOG'Z SUPPLY Sat Jul 24, 2010 5:37 pm

That's what we're trying to do but most of the time like Steady said can,can if not you know the outcome!
BUBBA'S HOG DOG'Z SUPPLY
BUBBA'S HOG DOG'Z SUPPLY
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

http://hawaiiboarhunters.ning.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Kauai Boy Sat Jul 24, 2010 8:40 pm

Yup like what Wahiawa, Steady and Bloodbros said, it's kinda hard for do not as easy as some places. Depends on where you hunt and how many dogs and the kind of dogs you hunting with. I neva get to cut one young boar in a long time but i did two weeks ago just because had only 2 dogs on and we was only 10yds away. So i try and i'd like to do more but all in all, where i hunt and how i hunt, it's not as easy as said. Sad
Kauai Boy
Kauai Boy
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  huntahchick Sat Jul 24, 2010 9:34 pm

thats right its hard to let the babies grow if your dogs is on um.. once your dogs get um and you cant reach in time you cannot do nothing but let um go..... thats just part of pig hunting.....

huntahchick
Piglet
Piglet

Back to top Go down

Post  glimmer man Sat Jul 24, 2010 10:53 pm

RAJAH, JUS LIKE HUNTACHICK SAID "IT'S ALL PART OF PIG HUNT'N" IF CAN....CAN....IF NO CAN.........VERNAS, YAHHHHH YUUUUUUU.

glimmer man
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  wessider Sat Jul 24, 2010 11:43 pm

jus like bradda brian said.no can control da size ma bradda.aloha

wessider
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  Joenutz Sun Jul 25, 2010 2:25 am

The babies die 2 fast!!!

Joenutz
small kine choppers
small kine choppers

Back to top Go down

Post  always packin neva ackin Sun Jul 25, 2010 3:13 pm

Yeah like everybody said depends on how fast you can get there, most time you only hear weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee all pau game over.......hahaha!!

always packin neva ackin
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  HYPA Sun Jul 25, 2010 6:27 pm

I know were you coming from koa i too like to let em go especially the shinny ones ..if i get em in time no can see killing a skinny one unless get real big hooks i like to eat just as much as catchin em.....koa boa and me went on a hunt and caught 11 hogs in one day most under 60lbs we ended up only harvesting 2, 2 of em we had to kill cuz the dogs pounded them b4 we got there. Were i used to hunt steady I used to cut plenty but when you hunt in areas that get hunted everyday the pig bleeding isnt gonna help him run away from tomorrows hunter so in those areas i just let em go, I only cut when i know the pig gonna get chance for heal.
If anyone get vids of them catch and releasing post em or better yet tell us your technique on how you lauhole Exclamation
HYPA
HYPA
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  steady n' ready Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:03 pm

Just went yesterday caught 3 boars wen cut n let go the 2 like 90lbs. But I can see where everyone coming from. Like as said if can can sometimes the dogs stretched it before you reach. I would say here on the bigisland where theirs dime a dozen 90lb pigs easy for cut cuz they not too buss from the dogs where on oahu which I hear that a 90lb pig is table food and a good catch for the day so don't get me wrong I would do the same. So it all comes down to the size of the pigs on different island. But I'm 100% behind cuttin n lettin go, grew up with it and always did. So if can can. N on oahu theirs more of a limited supply of areas to hunt the ratio with all thunters. U might cut one let um go n a few weeks later some other hunter catches it and ends up killing it. That's why before everyone had their own unique marking and from wat I understand if it wasn't yours you wernt suppose to kill it...lahooles wit no filers=FAT CURLBACKZ ....be steady n' ready...go get um braddahz
steady n' ready
steady n' ready
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

let the babies grow! Empty HOW TO CUT NUTZ

Post  steady n' ready Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:14 pm

Hard to explain just by writing about cutting balls, but for those who don't know or just wanted to throw a few pointers out. I seen guys do it many different ways, n everything u do is a learnin process but wen I cut boars I usually only make one cut about 2inches and not more. Reason being it will take faster to heal n less chance of getting infected. Obviously their nutz are bigger then 2inches but once u squeeze the nut to the cut u can cut their balls itself to squeeze it out and same thing for the next. And when you get their nutz out of the sack don't just cut the vein. Use yur blade n lightly run it up and down to shave the vein rather then cuttin it across. It stops the bleeding rather then cuttin right across where their more likely to bleed to death. Its really a easy n clean looking process. U can make two cuts but the idea is less cuts n smaller cuts faster healin process. Hit me up if u have any questions. Get those lahooles rollin!
steady n' ready
steady n' ready
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  SAVELLA BLOOD Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:53 am

if the dogs bust um up b for you get theere wat can you do the dogs do the damages n how you goin t tell a dog to stop wat its doing wen you trained the dog to catch pig you just cant help it
SAVELLA BLOOD
SAVELLA BLOOD
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  volcano mustang Tue Jul 27, 2010 8:38 am

braddas its as simple as this............we all gotta b on the same page fo this work..............i can not catch um and cut um today.............and you come right behind me tomorrow and cath um and kill um.............no make sense............i caught 200 ponders that i know is the top breeder of the area and i let um go so he can keep breeding.............what happen...........next week i see um streched on the cage fo some one else take home and make sausage fo the family eat............thats how it goes........to each its own..........alohas....................

volcano mustang
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  hog killahz inc. Tue Jul 27, 2010 5:52 pm

its hard especially if u run bulls, kiss that pig goodbye.
hog killahz inc.
hog killahz inc.
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  REVOLUTION Tue Jul 27, 2010 6:10 pm

volcano mustang wrote:braddas its as simple as this............we all gotta b on the same page fo this work..............i can not catch um and cut um today.............and you come right behind me tomorrow and cath um and kill um.............no make sense............i caught 200 ponders that i know is the top breeder of the area and i let um go so he can keep breeding.............what happen...........next week i see um streched on the cage fo some one else take home and make sausage fo the family eat............thats how it goes........to each its own..........alohas....................

BRAVO... WELL SAID VOLCANO MUSTANG...WOULD'NT LIKE TO SEE THE BOA YOU CUT AND WATCH TO GROW END UP ON SOME 1 RACK...PARADE'N AROUND....KNOW'N THAT IS YOUR PATIENT WHO WENT UNDER THE KNIFE...SO NOW WHAT DO YOU DO....ONLY 1 THING TO DO...SIT BACK AND TAKE IT LIKE A MAN..SO NOW ON THE OTHER HAND...WHAT IF YOU CAUGHT SOME 1'S BOA THAT WENT UNDER THE KNIFE...."VICE VERSA"

RICKY,
REVOLUTION
REVOLUTION
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  koa96727 Tue Jul 27, 2010 6:51 pm

at least some of you got da point i was trying 2 make. da places where i hunt we let go a lot beause if you cut and let go they will have time grow and get bigger i no some times da dogs kill em but das how it gos
koa96727
koa96727
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

let the babies grow! Empty The freezer ain't empty

Post  CAVE CANEM Wed Jul 28, 2010 3:42 am

I only recently been hunting by myself and as I type this have a few shelves of meat that I planned to try make some smoked meats out of so have been cutting everything the dogs don't get to rough on. I also just recently learned how to cut so even more I enjoy cutting um and waiting on the day we meet again. I spent the past weekend in Hilo and got a run in while my girlfriend got her hair did. It was interesting to run a new spot and ended up with a recently cut kalakoa, I got there in time to get the dogs off and send um on his way but I hate the feeling of hoping he make um as he walks away.

I like um look like this when I catch um again! elephant Laughing

Hypa- I don't have the best of a camera but the next one I cut I will try and get it on "the memory card" and will post it on the new board.
CAVE CANEM
CAVE CANEM
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  MAUKAKANE1 Wed Jul 28, 2010 4:41 am

How bout dis.............might sound impossible............might sound like it cant be done............might sound like too much work......................might sound like too much committment.
But doesnt anybody "TRAIN" dogs NOT fo go fo small pigs anymo????

I seen and had dis kine dogs befo and still de pull up hombre boas.
I guess hard fo find dis kine breeds already

1/4 impossible, 1/4 cant be done,1/4 too much work, 1/4 too much committment, Boar dog.

MAUKAKANE1

MAUKAKANE1
MAUKAKANE1
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  koa96727 Wed Jul 28, 2010 4:51 am

dose ne 1 hunt with dogs they can call off da pig
koa96727
koa96727
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  CAVE CANEM Wed Jul 28, 2010 5:33 am

koa96727 wrote:dose ne 1 hunt with dogs they can call off da pig
I have been working on one of my dogs to roll out but haven't got it down yet, My other dog can be called out but I got him like that and I had nothing to do with his training.
CAVE CANEM
CAVE CANEM
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  REVOLUTION Wed Jul 28, 2010 5:47 am

DON'T KNOW IF ANY 1 SEEN IT YET....BUT HYPA GET NICE LAUHOLE BOA ON THE NEW BOARD...

RICKY,
REVOLUTION
REVOLUTION
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  koa96727 Wed Jul 28, 2010 7:36 am

Jusacruzah wrote:
koa96727 wrote:dose ne 1 hunt with dogs they can call off da pig
I have been working on one of my dogs to roll out but haven't got it down yet, My other dog can be called out but I got him like that and I had nothing to do with his training.

its gud 2 be able 2 call them off i like 2 be able 2 hunt dogs with head dat way its easy 2 let go
koa96727
koa96727
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  hamakua outlaw Tue Aug 10, 2010 11:33 pm

Yea!! some people kill boaz like 80lbs with 2inch tusk!! cut his nuts let um grow!! what u goin do make soup and eat do jaw!! get real!!

hamakua outlaw
Piglet
Piglet

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next