Hawaii Sportsman
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Another question

+3
808Hunter
N2BOAZ
CAVE CANEM
7 posters

Go down

Another question Empty Another question

Post  CAVE CANEM Fri Dec 17, 2010 8:35 pm

I seen on couple posts when guys come across a lost dog they say they chased it off? Is this for a reason besides the dogs fighting? I've found a few dogs over the years and the ones I can catch I bring out of the mountains. Would you guys rather someone pick um up or leave your dog out there where you lost um so you can find um? Thanks again guys, Just another question I been going over in my head and figured would be good to talk stories about and get input from you guys! It's your dogs I am finding! My dogs have my name and # on top, If you find them please give me a call but I know some of you don't like anything on the dogs.
CAVE CANEM
CAVE CANEM
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Another question Empty Re: Another question

Post  N2BOAZ Fri Dec 17, 2010 11:57 pm

It depends as long that hunter is straight and wont steal then find bring em out but for those who steal dogs just going to take em home and not let the owner know. Because it happend to me we was hunting on a ridge and my dogs when hit one pig and ran down into the valley and we heard one guy calling for his dog down in that valley so we went to the high point and was looking in the valley and we saw the guy calling his dog on the main trail so we decided to watch him and sure enough we saw one of my dogs go to him and as soon as the dog came to him he went walk out with the dog. Good thing we knew who was hunting in there the day before cause that guy did'nt bother to call me and my dog had a cut collar with my number on it, also i hunted with that guy a few times and he knew it was my main dog i had to make few calls to get his number and when i called he played like he did'nt know it was mine and said he was going to call me but this already was two days later. So i guess it all depends like i said on the hunter if he like em he going take em so i say just leave um and let the owner find um just my opinion. ALOHA
N2BOAZ
N2BOAZ
Piglet
Piglet

Back to top Go down

Post  808Hunter Sat Dec 18, 2010 12:34 am

I have been hunting for some years now 30 to be exact. As for me braddah I would rather if they not take it unless there is a good reason. Dog cut up bad, found the dog near a main road but with intentions to return of course. My reason for me wanting them to leave the dog is I put as much time as I have to finding the dog and I can be up there looking and waiting for the dog up the mountain and it's not up there. I do not take any hunters dog unless I have to and the dog gets returned as soon as possible. If there is a number on the collar and the dog will stay with us even if I try to chase it away I will call the guy right there if there is phone service and get the dog to it's owner. I hope that I was helpful and enjoy your hunting... Aloha santa

808Hunter
Piglet
Piglet

Back to top Go down

Post  ollie Sat Dec 18, 2010 1:29 am

Ive been hunting about 60 yrs and have been in all kinds of situations. I've left dogs, look for hunters in the area that I ran into to tell them about dogs I saw or came to me. Now though I always pick the dog up if it's friendly and will jump in the truck. Years ago I was hunting and a guys main dog came to me and I did'nt pick him up cause of a problem I had with another hunter. I picked up this guys dog and took him home and call hunters I know to tell them about the dog I found and the location I picked it up. Also at that time you could advertise in the newspaper under lost and found for free so I did that and it ran a week. The owner called me and said I was trying to steal his dog. To make a long story short I did'nt pick up that guys main dog and I ran into him a few weeks later still looking for the dog which he never found. So ever since that if I can pick the dog up I will and call hunters and get the word out/put an add on hunting web sites etc. One of the problems today we got to many bad hunters who like to steal things, dogs, tracking collars, breaking into other hunters trucks, etc. The old days the hunters was pretty up and up and we would all help each other. Today it's a different story. Main thing you do what you think it's right and you can walk away knowing you did the right thing. Good Luck..............................

ollie
Piglet
Piglet

Back to top Go down

Post  CAVE CANEM Sat Dec 18, 2010 2:34 am

Thank you for the input guys! My intentions are always good when I bring a lost dog out of the mountains but have also had a guy blame me I had run his dog while I had him (He had couple pukas I had worked on when I found him) so I see where the hesitance may come from.
CAVE CANEM
CAVE CANEM
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  Hui-Laho-Nui Wed Dec 22, 2010 2:34 am

Sup Isaac! I always wondered what other people's approach on this topic would be. I have frenz who rather u leave da dog there cuz they'll be bak for look for um. N i also have frenz who'd like u to grab um n try call around lidat. But to me da hard part is like these other braddaz is sayin how we get sum shady/sketchy kine guyz out dea nowadays dat would jus grab da dog n not even call. Some guyz would grab da collarz n let da dog go, some ada guyz would use da dog for hunt or shoot da dog n take da collarz. For me, I lost one dog up tree-planting one time n took my ada dogz for go look for um. While lookin for um I lost another dog. FML right...! As for da first dog, he had collarz on wit my numba. I went up everyday for 2weeks n never found um nor heard anything from anyone. But da second dog, when i was leaving da day i lost um, i spent some time callin him before i left. While callin, another dog came to da truck wit a cut collar n no numba. We were close to da road n i figa maybe take um home for couple days n look on da forum lidat for see if can find da owner. Da next mornin, I get one call on my way to work. One guy found my dog n says he's in da mountain lookin for his lost dog. I ask wut kine dog he missin, he describe um n come to find out da dog i grabbed was his. HE HAD MY DOG N I HAD HIS. NUTZ! So if i neva grab his dog or if i neva have my numba on my dog, who knows wut woulda happened. I'm not a fan of da pound either. last resort If u cannot locate da owner. I also found my dogs many times by goin bak in n lookin for um tanx to tracker/intello collarz. So i do kinda like it if someone leaves my dog where they r. So i guess im not too sure which strategy i'm leaning towards. Maybe through people's replies on this thread, we can figa sumtin out. das my story. ALOHA BOYZ!!
Hui-Laho-Nui
Hui-Laho-Nui
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  gotblika Wed Dec 22, 2010 8:57 am

If one guy is a dog thief, he is one THIEF and not going leave the dog there anyway.

gotblika
small kine choppers
small kine choppers

Back to top Go down

Post  CAVE CANEM Wed Dec 22, 2010 7:40 pm

Hui Laho Nui - That is perfect how all 3 dogs ended up getting back home in that situation. I don't think there is a set way that we could agree on that would be best used in every situation except for how Ollie mentioned. Do what you think is right and if the braddah trip at least you had good intentions.

Gotblika- That is true, If the guy like the dog he is gonna grab um if he can.

CAVE CANEM
CAVE CANEM
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  Koa Boa Thu Dec 23, 2010 6:37 am

For me if I know who's dogs it is I'll grab it n give it back. If I see someone's dogs while hunting I usually leave um alone because the odda guys might still be hunting as well. If the dogs come to us with id on them I'll call n c if the dogs are lost or not. If I see dogs around but they won't come I try to contact other Huntaz I know to see if they know if someone is missing a dog(s). I always try to do what's right but have in the past been blamed for trying to steal a dog I found with no id. So I shy away from that situation if the dog has no id I leave them and do my best to get the word out that I seen such a dog.

Just my approach to the situation....Alohaz!!!
Koa Boa
Koa Boa
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  CAVE CANEM Thu Dec 23, 2010 7:58 pm

Koa Boa- I wouldn't doubt you must come across a few dogs with as much time as you spend in the mountains! I really only have started "meeting" other hunters when I got on here so my list of people to call when I find a dog in their area is pretty minimal but I hoping to meet more as I travel all over the island and just cruise "their spots" Laughing That seems to be the best way to meet them, In the bush!
CAVE CANEM
CAVE CANEM
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  Koa Boa Fri Dec 24, 2010 3:20 am

Rajah my bradda hope you continue to meet other huntaz az you continue to cruise da spots and hopefully hanapa'a some hogs, hope da ankle is doing much better and allowing you to chase hogs again.....Alohaz!!!
Koa Boa
Koa Boa
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  CAVE CANEM Fri Dec 24, 2010 3:23 am

Thanks! My ankle is good to go, I been just taking um short and slow the past few hunts and seen small action. Hope to hit the mountains again when this storm passes!
CAVE CANEM
CAVE CANEM
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  Koa Boa Fri Dec 24, 2010 3:26 am

Right On glad to hear youre good to go, best of luck to you and your coons my bradda au'ryte!!!!!
Koa Boa
Koa Boa
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down