Hawaii Sportsman
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Some game cam.pics.

+3
Lionel O
Nic Barca
HOG WILD
7 posters

Go down

Some game cam.pics. Empty Some game cam.pics.

Post  HOG WILD Tue Feb 17, 2009 6:55 am

Here's some pics. of some Hogs coming to a feeder that I set up for AK Andy on Kauai.He'll get here ending of March and will be here for two weeks.Eric was suppose to meet him here and they were going down the Napali to hunt some Goats.I hope I can get the pics. to attach.Click on to make bigger.

Aloha,Robert C.

"SOME GO HUNTING,SOME ARE HUNTER'S"

Some game cam.pics. Mdgc0210Some game cam.pics. Mdgc0112Some game cam.pics. Mdgc0010

HOG WILD
small kine choppers
small kine choppers

Back to top Go down

Some game cam.pics. Empty Re: Some game cam.pics.

Post  Nic Barca Wed Feb 18, 2009 2:59 am

I'll be trying to make it out to Na'pali with you guys, work schedule permitting. I just got back last night from a trip to Kalalau and have some sore news. The Kalalau goat herds are probably down over 95% from what they were 5 years ago. The Pohakuao region is probably down over 75%, which leaves quite a few animals to shoot. Hanakapiai and Ho'olulu seem to have fairly stable herds, perhaps even more than ever. This is in comparison to when I first started hunting out there and the herds were extremely overpopulated. It has been a very wet winter and also with the decrease in competition for food, the billy that I shot in Kalalau had quite a bit of fat on it. I saw only four goats when I went up Kalalau Valley and 15 on the Mahiki flat. I saw two that I could have shot around 10 mile, a couple more I could have stalked at 9.5, a small herd of 6 which I could have gone for at 7.5 mile, and four more from a distance in the 7 mile area. This was while hastily hiking out, so it's not like I was looking hard. While coming out of the 5-mile valley, I shot a young billy and passed several easy shots on the large nanny that was with her. She was so clueless to the danger that she posed for several minutes while we conducted a photo shoot of me drawing back on her. Shortly thereafter it got dark. Oh, and there were 10 or so goats hanging around and above our camp at Kalalau beach. It was a far cry from seeing several hundred goats in a trip (as was the case over 5 years ago) but I still could have shot several. There are just as much pigs as ever.
Nic Barca
Nic Barca
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

http://www.huntfishhawaii.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Lionel O Wed Feb 18, 2009 7:19 am

Howzit rob, I took a trip down the coast this past weekend
to. I seen a small herd in the hanakapi'ai area and got this guy.Some game cam.pics. 00518

Lionel O
Piglet
Piglet

Back to top Go down

Some game cam.pics. Empty Nice one!

Post  AK Andy Wed Feb 18, 2009 8:46 pm

Aloha Lionel O,
Man, that's a really nice billy. Beautiful!
Thanks for posting that pic.
AK Andy Smile
AK Andy
AK Andy
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  bigislandhunter Wed Feb 18, 2009 9:14 pm

wow nice billy....How much inches is he?
bigislandhunter
bigislandhunter
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  Nic Barca Fri Feb 20, 2009 10:52 am

Right on!
Nic Barca
Nic Barca
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

http://www.huntfishhawaii.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Turkey Joe Wed Feb 25, 2009 9:38 pm

Right on Lionel! Nice billy. I really like the helicopter horned billies. How much did he weigh?
Turkey Joe
Turkey Joe
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  Lionel O Thu Feb 26, 2009 5:41 am

The billys horns if measuring from tip to tip was twenty four inches an he weighed about 90 pounds with his guts.

Lionel O
Piglet
Piglet

Back to top Go down

Some game cam.pics. Empty Some Game cam pics

Post  AK Andy Thu Feb 26, 2009 6:21 am

Howzit Lionel, I check out that pic of the billy you got and it's driving me nuts. What a dandy, Way Cool! Nice hit too, I'm wonderin how many yards you shoot him from? I've been practicing my bow a lot and getting all dialed in. I can hardly wait to go hunt. Aloha, AK Andy mclaughlinandy@yahoo.com
AK Andy
AK Andy
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  Lionel O Fri Feb 27, 2009 5:57 am

I shot this guy at like twenty five yards

Lionel O
Piglet
Piglet

Back to top Go down

Some game cam.pics. Empty Some pics of mine from 2008

Post  AK Andy Sat Feb 28, 2009 12:48 am

I know this is the Hawaiisportsman website, I dream all year long about hunting Hawaii, I'll be there next month for 2 weeks of hunting, but I wanted to share a photobucket link so you guys can check out some of my hunting pics from 2008. I hunt as much as possible up here in Alaska and sometimes in the midwest of the lower 48.
one pic is of my boy and I with a subsistence mountain goat that fed my home village in December (I live on a remote Alaskan island in a Native Alaskan village 17 years),
one pic is of the rack off an Alaskan blacktail buck I double lunged in August with my bow at 62 yards.
One is of my first turkey with a bow in May 08 (my 13th turkey, but I was starting to think I was jinxed on number 13),
and the other is just a picture that might interest the bowhunters- it's a framed collection of all the broadheads I used to take big game over my lifetime. The first one was from a buck I took with a 37#recurve in 1980 at 12 years young. anyhow, I hope you check them out and that this link works: I can hardly wait to visit Kauai soon and hook up with old and new friends....aloha!

https://s715.photobucket.com/albums/ww159/AK_Andy/
AK Andy
AK Andy
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  timmy96815 Sat Feb 28, 2009 6:56 pm

AK Andy,
One word.

Cool
timmy96815
timmy96815
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Some game cam.pics. Empty Some trail cam pics

Post  AK Andy Sat Feb 28, 2009 9:05 pm

Mahalo Timmy, I just uploaded a few more of my favorite 2008 pics to that same url link.
AK Andy
AK Andy
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down