Hawaii Sportsman
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

game cams

4 posters

Go down

game cams Empty game cams

Post  Instinct Mon Dec 14, 2009 3:13 am

just wanted to say that i have used alot of game cameras in my hunting adventures (i was fortunate enough to work for cabelas on the mainland in the archery department before moving out here to maui), but ive been impressed with the wildview game cams i just bought. They are the cheapest ones a person can ge,t i think i paid only $100 for 2 of them! I just wanted something to set up at my pipe baits (which have worked great thank you for the info on this forum) to see what was coming in and what time ect... and ive have had my cam set up for just over 2 months now and have gotten some great pics and have only changed the batteries once just last week with over 500 pics on there. They are very easy to use the flash works great and doesnt spook pigs, they actually come in closer to see whats goin on when the flash goes off, the pics arent the clearst that ive seen on game cams but again for the price you cant go wrong. So if u wana a cheap way to see whats goin on in the area you hunt while u cant be there i would recomend these game cams they have been great!

game cams Game_c10

game cams Game_c11

game cams Game_c12

Here are just a few pics takin the the day and night
Instinct
Instinct
Piglet
Piglet

Back to top Go down

game cams Empty re: game cams

Post  bakeplus34pu Mon Dec 14, 2009 3:19 am

Is there a locking feature on them?

Thanks,
Hunter Steve
bakeplus34pu
bakeplus34pu
small kine choppers
small kine choppers

Back to top Go down

game cams Empty Re: game cams

Post  KSmith Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:12 am

i was looking to buy one. where can i get one?
KSmith
KSmith
Piglet
Piglet

Back to top Go down

Post  Instinct Mon Dec 14, 2009 5:25 am

I ordered my from cabelas and they do free shipping alot of times on orders of $100+ im sure u can find them on ebay for even cheaper but then again u may not be able to return it if ut doesnt work.

Are you talking about a locking sytem from theft?
Instinct
Instinct
Piglet
Piglet

Back to top Go down

Post  KSmith Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:06 am

what is it called is it the Cuddeback?
KSmith
KSmith
Piglet
Piglet

Back to top Go down

Post  Instinct Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:51 am

no its the Wildview Xtreme on sale right now for only $60 for one or the 2 pack is $120
Instinct
Instinct
Piglet
Piglet

Back to top Go down

game cams Empty game cams

Post  AK Andy Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:11 am

Man you guys, that's a great deal. I thought I had the best deal the past couple years with the moultrie 4.0 (I think it was "gamespy 4.0?)- I have bought 4 of them now when they go on sale every now and then for $79 in sportsmans guide, but $60 for a game camera is a sweet deal, I'd buy one of I needed it. I have been super pleased with the moultrie gamespy 4.0 ones I have been using - SD card slot and hundreds of pics can go on the 2 GB card. flash doesn;t seem to bother these bears, blacktail deer, or hogs, I have had bears mess with them so had to make some metal cages to protect them, I bought one of the moutries as a gift for a friend on Kauai and he sent me a pile of great hog pics, it worked about 5 weeks before batteries needed changed. I'd get the $60 wildview you mentioned for sure if I was in the market for a trail camera, that is the hottest deal I have ever heard of. Jump on that one quick before it's out of stock. then again maybe the market is saturated and the technology is finally getting cheaper and more affordable for us regular guys. Good luck guys
aloha,
AK Andy
AK Andy
AK Andy
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

game cams Empty re: game cams

Post  bakeplus34pu Mon Dec 14, 2009 7:31 pm

Yes, I was wondering if there was any way to lock them on the tree so it's not so easy to steal them.

Thanks,
Hunter Steve
bakeplus34pu
bakeplus34pu
small kine choppers
small kine choppers

Back to top Go down

Post  KSmith Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:26 pm

its says there two for 119 and one for 89.
KSmith
KSmith
Piglet
Piglet

Back to top Go down

Post  Instinct Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:16 am

ya unfortunalty they do just come with a strap w no lock, but u could take a chain and a lock w u to chain to the tree, but ive found that if someone wants your stuff hes goin to take it no matter what! Ive had 2 game cams stolen with a lock on em and one taken w out. Ive even had someone chop down a whole tree to take my tree stand one year (i thought i was in the wrong spot for hours til i fig out what happened)i guess he really wanted it so if someone sees something they want, they are going to do whatever it takes to save a couple bucks, but what u goin to do? Sad atleast this way i fig you'll only lose $60 instead of $200-$400 if it does get stolen!

Ya the 5.0 megapixel is $89 but the 2.0 (the ones i have pics of) are $60/one
Instinct
Instinct
Piglet
Piglet

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down