Hawaii Sportsman
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CUT NUTS

5 posters

Go down

CUT NUTS Empty CUT NUTS

Post  HYPA Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:16 pm

I will try to explain how I lauhole the best way i can there are a couple of ways to do this

1, make a cut on the upper part of the nut sack just big enough to squeeze the testical out try to keep this cut as small as possiable, after you have the testical out there will be 2 cords running to it one is a vein..the other is a tube, the old way is to scrape the cords till they seperate from the testical, DO not make a clean cut because the vein will bleed out. The scraping method makes the cut jagged so the blood clots easier and helps stop the bleeding. Then we used to pack the out side of the sack were the the cuts were with vasolene and let em go. The bad thing about this is once the vasolene wears off the cut is able to get infected also clots are suspect to run out the cut and bleeding may happen this will defenitly be a death sentence to the hog were there is alot of hunters because the dogs will pick this up and then there is no way for the pig to hide.

2. THis is how I do it....and you are gonna need some tools but I carry these tools every hunt just so i cant work on my dogs if I have too you will need a hemostate, some floss or stich, and a carterizing tool or lighter.

CUT NUTS Stich111

CUT NUTS Stich311

CUT NUTS Stich211

CUT NUTS Stich411

After you have the testical out crimp about an inch up the cords make a clean cut the hemostate will stop the bleeding then if you dont have a carterizing tool tie off the tube with dental floss yup i said it dental floss then make a pass over with a lighter to singe the tube after that you can let the hemostate go wile holding the tube with a second pair of hemostats and watch for bleeding....if no bleeding the let the tube go, it will suck into the cavity of the hog after the other side is done then use a staple or 2 or if you know how to stich put a couple of stiches in the cut. Then pack with vasolene and let the hog go. I know some of the hunters are reading and thinking wow that seems like alot of work but with 2 guys it can go fairly quick. Also this method should be done because the hog almost heals instantly and bleeding is minimal if done right....and when your on an island that has more hunters than pig you dont want the hog to bleed this is his best bet to survive.

All hunters should carry these stich kits because i cant stress how important they are it will be the deciding factor wether your dog survives or not and aslo save you some BIG $$$$$$ I have sewn so many animals and saved many a dogs lives because of these tools you can find them on ebay and they are not expensive...what is a few bucks compared to your dogs life or a 1500$ vet bill? Also just dont get them and let them set LEARN HOW TO USE THEM!! I used to take the skin when i was a teenager and wile the other guys deboned the hog i was practicing how to stich on the hide these are ways for you guys to learn on actual flesh then when your dogs get cut you are ready to take on the task.

HYPA
HYPA
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

CUT NUTS Empty Re: CUT NUTS

Post  RustyKnife Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:33 pm

Nice cauterizing tool there HYPA...where did you get that? Those buggahs are mad $$$$$ lol!

What about tying the nut sack with a shoe lace?
RustyKnife
RustyKnife
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  HYPA Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:45 pm

well rusty hog nuts dont really hang Very Happy so theres is not enough loose skin to choke em off. Wink also if that was possiable the hole would be way to large .
HYPA
HYPA
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  AINA PROVIDE Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:53 pm

Very interesting HYPA, ussually we jus cut da nut sak squeeze da oloz out and cutum, well das da way rich taught us, but this way is alot better if you got the tools on hand, well take it into consideration, thanks for the tips!
AINA PROVIDE
AINA PROVIDE
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  Koa Boa Fri Jul 29, 2011 8:59 pm

Right on my bradda good info. mahalo for taking the time to do a write-up im sure someone will benefit from it.

If I may I would like to add if using the tie-off method use a double overhand knot it holds better than a single. Then you fold it back over on to itself and tie off again.

Collaboration Huntaz- No worries my bradda if you dont have the tools, but instead of just doing a straight cut its better to scrape this helps control/stop the bleeding. Also depend what size da pig if on da smaller side you can do it by grabbing the vein and tube between your index finger and thumb and just using your thumbnail it will do the same thing. I was taught this by my grandpa he told me if the pig young the cords still soft so if you have a very sharp knife and use it to scrape sometimes it will cut right through. Just adding more info out there but good to know you were taught to laho'ole boars.

Alohaz & Good Huntin' to all

Bradda Muns
Koa Boa
Koa Boa
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  nshunter Sat Jul 30, 2011 9:17 pm

I was thought the same as Munsta, to scrape and not slice. Also to cut low on the nut sack so can drain.
nshunter
nshunter
Piglet
Piglet

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down