Hawaii Sportsman
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HOW HEAVY DOES BLOODLINE COUNT IN CHOOSING A DOG?

3 posters

Go down

HOW HEAVY DOES BLOODLINE COUNT IN CHOOSING A DOG? Empty HOW HEAVY DOES BLOODLINE COUNT IN CHOOSING A DOG?

Post  ROOKIE Wed Feb 25, 2009 8:55 pm

Curious to hear everyone's opinions...It's a given that pig hunters have formed generations upon generations of prized and proven hunting dogs in the islands through breedings of top dogs that meet their particular needs or standards. Some pay top dollar for dogs that have proven themselves in the mountains to catch pig...ON THE OTHER HAND I have also known guys who have regularly used unwanted household pets in their pack and have been just as successful.

ROOKIE
Piglet
Piglet

Back to top Go down

HOW HEAVY DOES BLOODLINE COUNT IN CHOOSING A DOG? Empty Re: HOW HEAVY DOES BLOODLINE COUNT IN CHOOSING A DOG?

Post  hog killahz inc. Wed Feb 25, 2009 9:21 pm

bloodline is good cuz it's proven........ while one mutt off the street may be good but wont put out good pups, thats what i have come to notice, because we've had dogs off the side of the road that were good dogs but when it came to breeding the puppies weren't worth shit. on the other hand we have bloodline dogs that put out pups that grab pig everythime. that's where i think bloodline comes into play, if the dog u have came from a good bloodline then you can pretty much almost guaranteed that puppy dog going hunt good.
hog killahz inc.
hog killahz inc.
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

HOW HEAVY DOES BLOODLINE COUNT IN CHOOSING A DOG? Empty Re: HOW HEAVY DOES BLOODLINE COUNT IN CHOOSING A DOG?

Post  HYPA Thu Feb 26, 2009 6:57 am

This is a topic that is gonna get alot of different opinions....mine is this, bloodline dogs catch on faster they might not be the best dogs but they normaly come around quicker...that being said alot of people buy bloodline dogs just to brag about having bloodline dogs and then they sit in there kennel or.....peope claim to have bloodline dogs so they try and get the most money from them.

I look at bloodline as if it came from my breeding, thats it. my first pack was free to good home dogs...but i bred them cuz they were all that i had and through years of getting rid of the plugs they started to become more more closer in genes. now all i have is my own bloodline but they might not be worth a crap to some hunters and they might be the bombs to others. Its all about your preference in hunting.
HYPA
HYPA
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down