Hawaii Sportsman
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The New Rusty Knife Kennel Canine Mobile

+4
SMALL KINE
huntachad
REVOLUTION
RustyKnife
8 posters

Go down

The New Rusty Knife Kennel Canine Mobile Empty The New Rusty Knife Kennel Canine Mobile

Post  RustyKnife Mon Aug 15, 2011 5:01 am

So this is my newly completed project that ive been working on. I was driving a lifted '90 toyota extra cab for a while with the cage in the back and it just wasnt workin driving 35 miles to work in that thing round trip. With gas prices these days, it just wasnt practical. I purchased this trailer dirt cheap off craigslist (under $330) and designed something that would be ideal for the coons. So here are a few pictures of the beginning project and what a buddy and I was able to do in just shy of a week. I would like all you huntaz to critique with yalls thoughts on things you would or wouldnt have done. I still have some more things id like to do to spice it up a bit but all your opinions will be appreciated and definantly taken into concideration for any future modifications. My main goal here was to design a dog trailer that was SAFE for the dogs, that was ergonomical, efficiant, and easy for the dogs to access the field and trailer with little work on my part. The trailer can EASILY fit 8 dogs and as you can see at the bottom picture 11 dogs can comfortably fit and can accommodate up to 3 dogs in each compartment with no problem. If any of you would like to do something like this and need help doing it. By all means, PM me and i can make it happen. I hope you enjoy, and look forward to reading all your thoughts!

Much Mahalos

Doc
Rusty Knife Kennel

This is the trailer when i first purchased it. It was a standard 5x8 utility trailer.
The New Rusty Knife Kennel Canine Mobile Traile10

This is the finished product from the front, I bought an old truckbed toolbox for under $75 and bolted it to the frame. Perfect for collars, dog bowls, dirty mountain clothes,boots, and packs.
The New Rusty Knife Kennel Canine Mobile Comple10

Heres the rear, ended up cutting 1/3 off the gate and welded it closed. (helped save $$ in materials)
The New Rusty Knife Kennel Canine Mobile Comple11

First time out on the road with all the coons all 11 of them...including the house pets
The New Rusty Knife Kennel Canine Mobile Traile11
RustyKnife
RustyKnife
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

The New Rusty Knife Kennel Canine Mobile Empty Re: The New Rusty Knife Kennel Canine Mobile

Post  REVOLUTION Mon Aug 15, 2011 5:58 am

WOW!!!..BIG DIFFERENCE!!!!..2 me dat TRAILER is CHERREH!!!..And saved a lot of $$$.."TAKING IT 2 ANOTHER LEVEL"..Got some nice KOON'S 2 BRO...GOOD LUCK WIT UR NEW TRAILER..CAN'T WAIT 2 SEE A HOG ON THERE IT'LL LOOK INSANE!!!..

RICKY,
REVOLUTION
REVOLUTION
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

The New Rusty Knife Kennel Canine Mobile Empty Re: The New Rusty Knife Kennel Canine Mobile

Post  huntachad Mon Aug 15, 2011 6:28 am

Good job doc!!!! Save me two compartments for the next time we go for my muts... lol. Now all u need is a couple of 35's that I got on my busted toy to make it complete.... See u on the next hunt...

huntachad
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  SMALL KINE Mon Aug 15, 2011 7:53 am

depends where you hunt..you might wanna lift da trailer a little, unless you no have to go 4wheelin to get to da spot, other then that das sum cherreh action right dea.. Twisted Evil
SMALL KINE
SMALL KINE
Piglet
Piglet

Back to top Go down

The New Rusty Knife Kennel Canine Mobile Empty .

Post  BigBoarKVH Mon Aug 15, 2011 8:35 am

Sup Bradda soc. Yup I agree with Bradda above. A little lift wouldn't hurt. Maybe put chads 35. Lol. That would be cherry. Lol. Bit killa set up bro. Have fun in the morning hope you guys catch. Aloha
BigBoarKVH
BigBoarKVH
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  RustyKnife Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:58 pm

@ Ricky, thanks for da love and support brah! There was over 40 hours put in this bad boy and still a lot more to do! Thanks to braddah Chad, some good ideas came to mind on this mornings hunt. Trailer succeeded and did exceptionally well in da mountain.
@ Small Kine and BigBoar, rajah on lifting this bad boy! Huntachad and I took it about 2-3 miles deep into the mountain. It held up fine on the ruff stuff, but it defiantly needs more ground clearance under the axle! If you come across any 5 lug wheels/tires that y'all think would be good let me know! We didn't end up catching this am, but my dog came back with blood all over his collar and neck, so we "small kine catch".

Thanks for yalls advice, let me know if you get any more ideas!
RustyKnife
RustyKnife
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  B.I.G. Boarz Tue Aug 16, 2011 3:10 am

KILLA TRAILA DOC SOLID NOW I GET SOME IDEAS NO NEED DEAL WITH SHIT IN THE TRUCK NICE!!!!!

B.I.G. Boarz
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  AWBALZ Tue Aug 16, 2011 5:57 am

nice trailer..

AWBALZ
small kine choppers
small kine choppers

Back to top Go down

Post  slowpoke Tue Aug 16, 2011 7:10 am

Ho cuz look like hogs gone wild and no need worry wen they shit ahh

slowpoke
Piglet
Piglet

Back to top Go down

Post  huntachad Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:11 am

Yeah doc cherry trailer dude. Thanks for todays hunt. I guess we had to learn the hard way that u need to lift the trailer more being that we came home with a broken tail light. And the blood on ur dogs collar... Bro that was just red dirt... Wanted to tell you but Didn't want to take ur moment of glory away from you.... lol. All in all pretty solid trailer and dam good hunt!!!! Oh yeah... One more improvement I just thought of... We need to send you to driving with a trailer classes because your backing up sucks... Lol!!!! 50 times of back and forth just to get the trailer in the right position... Poor dogs was all sea sick!!!! I know I was just watching!!! We should have just disconnected the trailer and parked it by hand... We would have had an extra hour of hunting.... lol!!!!!! Aloha my bruddah.... Hahaha Hehe Hahaha Hehehe!!!!!

huntachad
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  huntachad Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:16 am

Good news!!!! Talked to my real good friend and he willing for enroll you in his CDL classes for free!!! Call me up... I give you his number.... Haha Hehe Hahaha Hehehe!!!! Dude my stomache soar from laughing already!!!!

huntachad
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  RustyKnife Tue Aug 16, 2011 9:21 am

WOW, braddah Chad got jokes cuz!!! Hahaha eh no one said I had to know how to back up a trailer, and it wasn't easy parking on "dis great spot" you picked for da truck an trailer! I dont think that giant ant mountain of a parking spot was ideal for a first trip out! Lol da dogs were defiantly sucking with that parking job though! Brah my "6" was puckered up real good when the truck started sliding backwards. Shocked
I have to say, for you guiding us into the woods at 5am later on telling me " none of this looks familure " "I don't know where the trail is".." Doc, wheres the truck stay?". Hahaha hehehe hoooo it was definantly a good time, and hella place for a Poke bowl!!!!!!! cheers It's always a pleasure hitting da hills with you Mai friend, thanks again..... Until next time,

Aloha!
RustyKnife
RustyKnife
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down