Hawaii Sportsman
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

No sale or own uncoded ammo after June 30 '09

5 posters

Go down

No sale or own uncoded ammo after June 30 '09 Empty No sale or own uncoded ammo after June 30 '09

Post  Kauai Boy Tue Mar 03, 2009 8:51 pm

An email i got
Nobody can sell any ammunition after June 30, 2009
It has already started....
Ammunition Accountability Legislation
Remember how Obama said that he wasn't going to take your guns? Well, it seems that his allies in the anti-gun world have no problem with taking your ammo!
The bill 20 that is being pushed in 18 states (including Illinois and Indiana ) requires all ammunition to be encoded by the manufacture a data base of all ammunition sales. So they will know how much you buy and what calibers.
Nobody can sell any ammunition after June 30, 2009 unless the ammunition is coded.
Any privately held uncoded ammunition must be destroyed by July 1, 2011. (Including hand loaded ammo.)
They will also charge a .05 cent tax on every round so every box of ammo you buy will go up at least $2.50 or more!
If they can deprive you of ammo they do not need to take your gun!
This legislation is currently pending in 18 states: Alabama , Arizona , California , Connecticut , Hawaii , Illinois , Indiana , Kentucky , Maryland , Mississippi , Missouri , New Jersey , New York , Pennsylvania , Rhode Island , South Carolina , Tennessee , and Washington .
Send to your friends in these states AND fight to dissolve this BILL!!
To find more about the anti-gun group that is sponsoring this legislation and the specific legislation for each state, go to:
http://ammunitionaccountability.org/Legislation.htm

The problem is that people that don't hunt or anen't into sport shooting don't care about this. The second amendment was created, not to enable people to protect themselves from criminals, it was created to enable people to protect themselves from a bad governement
Kauai Boy
Kauai Boy
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

No sale or own uncoded ammo after June 30 '09 Empty No sale or own uncoded ammo after June 30 '09

Post  3 Sticks Archer Tue Mar 03, 2009 9:54 pm

What next!! First pocket knives and now this!! These people are getting out of hand! I own a lot of rifles and I hand load ammo for all of them. I wonder what this will do to the already high cost of reloading. Most of us that reload do it to save bucks and produce consistent high performance ammo. It seems in the future only the rich will be able to pursue the shooting sports. I shoot and hunt mainly archery now but this still pisses me off. I have chests of handloaded ammo. Next thing you know they'll be coming after us bowhunters.
3 Sticks Archer
3 Sticks Archer
Piglet
Piglet

Back to top Go down

No sale or own uncoded ammo after June 30 '09 Empty Re: No sale or own uncoded ammo after June 30 '09

Post  Nic Barca Thu Mar 05, 2009 6:25 pm

This seems like a great idea considering Hawaii's HUGE number of unsolved gun crimes. Rolling Eyes

If your planning on doing something ilegal, save some old ammo. ...perhaps I read it wrong but it doesn't seem extreme in any way. Hopefully the cost of ammo won't go up too much. Something tells me the ammunition companies can afford it. How will this affect reloaders?
Nic Barca
Nic Barca
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

http://www.huntfishhawaii.com

Back to top Go down

No sale or own uncoded ammo after June 30 '09 Empty Re: No sale or own uncoded ammo after June 30 '09

Post  timmy96815 Fri Mar 06, 2009 6:59 am

I went ahead and got ahead of the game. Already tossed all my ammo into the garbage this morning right next my broadheads and pocketknifes next to the old egg shells and bacon grease. Hope no one digs through my dumpster 'n finds it.

No seriously this sucks. more ammo for the criminals and less for us.

Last edited by timmy96815 on Fri Mar 06, 2009 8:38 am; edited 1 time in total
timmy96815
timmy96815
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  Koa Boa Fri Mar 06, 2009 7:40 am

Howzit Bradda Timmy just thought i'd add this not sure if its the same bill as I didnt take a look at your link so i'll look at it and see.
Alohas and mahalo for keeping people informed ALOT of people just brush this kind of thing off but lemme tell you this stuff is very important to address. Thanks again for being vigilant and letting everyone know whats going on!!!

Aloha!

For your information.
Jon

----- Original Message -----
To: Jon Sabati
Sent: Tuesday, January 27, 2009 5:16 PM
Subject: Re: Ammunition Encoding Bill Looming in Hawaii!

Not likely. HB88 had a hearing scheduled for this Thurs. in Public Safety Committee, but the Chair, Faye Hanohano (Puna, Pahoa, Hawaiian Acres, Kalapana), withdrew the bill from the agenda after we told her why it's a waste of legislative time (and ours). See the HRA Leg report, Jan 09, in the newsletter or web site <hawaiirifleassociation.org> for details on the bill. She's a good Lady. Y'all on the Big Island should send her a thank you rephanohano@capitol.gov and go to her next fundraiser.

Thanks for the heads up, keep up the vigilance.

Max
To: Jon Sabati
Sent: Tuesday, January 27, 2009 2:45 PM
Subject: Fw: Ammunition Encoding Bill Looming in Hawaii!

To: jonkona@hawaii.rr.com ; Mike & Joei Coelho ; Mike Among ; D'Armand "Bert" Cook ; Lucky @ Waikii Ranch ; Steve & Lynn Grasso
Sent: Tuesday, January 27, 2009 2:27 PM
Subject: Fw: Ammunition Encoding Bill Looming in Hawaii!

To: Abraham Sakamoto
Sent: Tuesday, January 27, 2009 5:52 AM
Subject: Ammunition Encoding Bill Looming in Hawaii!

Ammunition Encoding Bill Looming in Hawaii!
Please Contact the Members of the House Public Safety Committee Today!

On Thursday, January 29, the Hawaii Public Safety Committee will hear legislation that could have dire consequences for our Right to Keep and Bear Arms in Hawaii.

House Bill 88, introduced by State Representative John Mizuno (D-30), would require all handgun ammunition manufactured or sold in Hawaii to be coded with a serialization number and entered into a statewide database at the time of sale. Encoded ammunition would be registered to the purchaser and would include the date of transaction, the purchaser's name, date of birth, driver's license number, and the serial number of the ammunition. The possession or sale of non-coded/serialized ammunition would be prohibited.

An identical measure died in committee last year, but this is a new legislature and we can't take anything for granted!

Please contact the members of the House Public Safety Committee TODAY and respectfully urge them to protect the Second Amendment rights of Hawaii's law-abiding citizens by opposing HB88.

State Representative Faye P. Hanohano (D-4), Chair
808-586-6530

rephanohano@Capitol.hawaii....gov

State Representative Henry J.C. Aquino (D-35), Vice Chair

808-586-6520

repaquino@capitol.hawaii.gov

State Representative Karen Leinani Awana (D-44)

808-586-8465
repawana@Capitol.hawaii.gov

State Representative Gilbert S.C. Keith-Agaran (D-9)

808-586-6210

repkeithagaran@capitol.hawaii.gov

State Representative Marilyn B. Lee (D-38)

808-586-9460

replee@Capitol.hawaii.gov

p class=MsoNormal>State Representative Mark M. Nakashima (D-1)

808-586-6680

repnakashima@capitol.hawaii.gov

State Representative Karl Rhoads (D-28)

808-586-6180

reprhoads@Capitol.hawaii.gov

State Representative Scott K. Saiki (D-22)

808-586-8485

repsaiki@Capitol.hawaii.gov

>

State Representative Joseph "Joe" Souki (D-Cool

808-586-9444

repsouki@Capitol.hawaii.gov

State Representative Roy M. Takumi (D-36)

808-586-6170

reptakumi@Capitol.hawaii.gov

State Representative Kyle T. Yamashita (D-12)

808-586-6330

repyamashita@Capitol.hawaii.gov

State Representative Kymberly Marcos Pine (R-43)

808-586-9730

reppine@Capitol.hawaii.gov

[b]
Koa Boa
Koa Boa
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  timmy96815 Fri Mar 06, 2009 4:57 pm

O.K. Sent my e-mail to all those guys on munsters list.
timmy96815
timmy96815
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down