Hawaii Sportsman
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SAVAGE 270!!

+2
Shane M.
HYPA
6 posters

Go down

SAVAGE 270!! Empty SAVAGE 270!!

Post  HYPA Tue Mar 10, 2009 8:35 am

I just came back from the big island this week and had an oppurtunity to hunt with a good freind of mine, He wanted to shoot sheep but didnt have enough rifles for me and a freind so his wife made him go to Sports Authority and buy a rifle! scratch ......lucky guy huh Very Happy !!!......anyway that morning we pulled the rifle out of the box and laughed cuz we thought we had an ice cubes chance in hell that the scope would be sited in No.

After a few hours we came across a herd and I was holding the rifle (thinking i had the short end of the deal) I made my way up to the herd and took aim and pulled the trigger and guess what the damn gun was right on the mony. The ewe dropped without even a run I was shocked Shocked 168 yards and the bullet struck right were i wanted it! The sellsperson said the gun would be sited in and it was we thought he was pulling my freinds wifes leg just to make the sell What a Face

Defently gonna give Kudos to savage Wink they did a good job with the package they came up with for their 270 and 30-06 and less than 500$ rifle,scope and strap. Wink

will try and post picks laters
HYPA
HYPA
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

SAVAGE 270!! Empty Re: SAVAGE 270!!

Post  Shane M. Tue Mar 10, 2009 10:53 pm

Nice shot. That's the best, no need follow blood trail. How did you get exact yardage like that?

Shane M.
small kine choppers
small kine choppers

Back to top Go down

Post  HYPA Wed Mar 11, 2009 2:50 am

bushnell range finder it took some time to figure it out but we got it, gotta get one of those to they are sweet just two presses of the button and walla!
HYPA
HYPA
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  Vidinha Wed Mar 11, 2009 6:28 am

Hypa, I'll believe it when I see it, you still neva make the bottle shot,lol. Nah, that was a great shot, too bad bradda Tony never get nothing, that's ok, just means we gotta go back again soon.
Vidinha
Vidinha
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

http://www.cory-vidinha.magix.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Koa Boa Thu Mar 12, 2009 3:49 pm

AU'RYTE MY BRADDA!!!!!!!!!

Congrats on some good shooting, glad to hear you was able to do some hunting while up there. Yeah savage's are great guns for the money
no doubt I have quite a few of them. Thats the same package I got for Rose but I just replaced the scope and stock (just made her one).

Tikka's are also good rifles for the money action is very smooth and they are accurate as well.

If can try get one Leica range finder too.

Waiting for the pics Wink

Bradda Muns
Koa Boa
Koa Boa
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  4X4TOYOTA Fri Mar 13, 2009 4:40 am

Hey bradda muns
I know your a gun guy.I was wondering wat you think
about the REMINGTON TACTICAL MODEL 700 VTR 308.
Aloha
iKAiKa

4X4TOYOTA
small kine choppers
small kine choppers

Back to top Go down

Post  Turkey Joe Fri Mar 13, 2009 11:21 pm

Solid!!! Got any pix to share? I got a Savage last year in 30-06. Great gun for the $, for sure. My .270 was a surprise as well. It's a Mossberg ATR. On the cheap side as far as price goes, but one the money at the range and in the field.

Where'd you guys go? I saw choke sheep in the archery area off Saddel Road a few weeks ago. The bombing in PTA pushed a lot of sheep out towards the highway. Most rams were banana horns, but there were two with full curls plus, and I saw three other full blood Mouflons, but only one of them has curl to his jaw.

I'm on a list for the Volcanos Nat'l Park ungulate (re: sheep) control hunt. No word yet on the drawing results. Due to the hiking involved, I'll take my .270 'cause of the weight. If you want information on that hunt, contact Dexter Pacheco at Volcanos Nat'l Park.
Turkey Joe
Turkey Joe
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  HYPA Sat Mar 14, 2009 2:13 pm

yea im waiting for the picts to come from my freinds other camera, he laid his bow across the one i shot in my camera didnt realize that hadnt taking a pict of the rifle and sheep with my own camera but will get em on as soon as he sends him.

As for the place it was private land in the kona area, we wanted to go to pohakaloa but we didnt have enough time for the drive and all..next time

Munsta you are right about the stock If i pick up one i would prob go for the wooden stock .....allthough the synthetic was lighter and made it eazy when stalking but the wooden stalks feel like they have more soul the synthetics are just cold looking guns i like a little life in my rifles.
HYPA
HYPA
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  Koa Boa Sat Mar 14, 2009 3:39 pm

Aloha Bradda Ikaika,

I say that if you like the rifle go for it. Some dont like the looks etc but to me this is all COSMETIC'S, for me performance trumps cosmetics
everytime. And from what ive read and saw about the VTR they seem to shoot pretty well outta the box. And if that doesnt work out then
you have a very good platform to build off of Smile so its a win-win situation. I have the older LTR model, I did some upgrades to it but it is still a very good and ACCURATE rifle. The VTR also comes with rem's new X-Mark pro trigger which I heard is more user friendly then the old style trigger and that adjustment is easier as well. If you get it write us a report on it that would be great. Goodluck!!!!!!!!!!

Eh Joe what you went to the banquet??? I got an email from Jon but wasnt able to go due to work, How was it??? Shoots take it easy!

Wassup Bradda Chris, Yup I hear you man! I like the wood laminate stocks like the one I made for rose, yeah wood stocks does have that
warm got some soul feeling feel to 'um no doubt. lookin forward to the pics! I let you know how I do when I go next week......Aloha's!!!
Koa Boa
Koa Boa
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down