Hawaii Sportsman
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HR 45 Blair Holt Firearm Licensing and Record of Sales Act

Go down

HR 45 Blair Holt Firearm Licensing and Record of Sales Act Empty HR 45 Blair Holt Firearm Licensing and Record of Sales Act

Post  AK Andy Sun Mar 15, 2009 10:24 pm

Aloha Braddahs,
This is a call to action from way up here in Alaska with bum news about this new proposed law the liberals are trying to pass through Congress under the radar, it has been in since 2/16/09 and today was the first I ever heard about it, so I had to pass it along.
If you care about your freedoms as a US Citizen, and if you enjoy shooting sports then you should contact your congressmen and state reps and help shut down this proposed law. If we are not part of the solution then we are part of the problem, so please act on this ASAP.
To find more about this just Google:
HR 45 Blair Holt Firearm Licensing and Record of Sales Act of 2/16/09
From what I heard, if passed this law will make it illegal to own a firearm, any rifle with a clip, or any pistol unless:
...it is registered
...you are fingerprinted
...you put a current drivers license on record
...you supply your soc. sec. #
...you submit to both a physical and mental evaluation at any time of their choosing
...any change of ownership (private gift or public sale) must be reported with payment of a $25 fee
(failure to do so will forfeit your ability to own a firearm and is subject to one year in jail)
...all guns must be locked and inaccessible to children under 18 (page 16, section 305)
...authorities have the right to inspect your home unannounced to ensure that the guns are stored safely
...failure to comply is punishable for up to 5 years in jail.

If you value your right to own guns and to hunt then please pass the word to everyone you know about HR 45, the time to act is now, it also would be smart for you to join and pay dues and financial support to every hunting club, shooting association, gun club that you can, and for sure each of us should be a member of the larger proponents such as the NRA and SCI (safari club international). They are responsible for why you still have gun ownership rights today. Ridiculous, freedom restricting and unrealistic laws like this HR 45 just seem to be getting proposed more and more lately, so we need to stay ever vigilant and active in contacting the law makers of our states, we need to tell them that a law like this will make law abiding citizens less apt to have guns and also will make it more likely that criminals will use guns against them. It is more likely that the rate of violent crimes would increase if this passes. Anyhow, I hope people don't just sit back and watch this law get passed, please pass the word so more people will be active about this. Mahalo.
I'll be coming to Kauai later this month to bowhunt and also to dog and knife with Robert C. and friends, I'm going nuts waiting for the trip. Alohaz, AK Andy
AK Andy
AK Andy
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down