Hawaii Sportsman
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Oahu bow hunt advice

2 posters

Go down

Oahu bow hunt advice Empty Oahu bow hunt advice

Post  cb950 Fri Nov 11, 2011 12:27 am

Hi,
I am traveling to Oahu in December for a friend's wedding. I would like to spend a couple of days bow hunting for pig, and am trying to get as much info as possible. Do most people bow hunt from man made tree stands, or ladder or climbing (commercial) ones? does it make sense to bowhunt on Oahu if only for a few days, or should I hop over to one of the other islands? Thanks!

cb950
Piglet
Piglet

Back to top Go down

Oahu bow hunt advice Empty Re: Oahu bow hunt advice

Post  Misadventure Gear Fri Nov 11, 2011 3:22 am

Aloha CB950,

I'm not on Oahu, but I am an active bowhunter. I'm sure Babooze will chime in too since he also bowhunts and lives on Oahu. You can hunt the public archery area called Nuu'anu, and it is reasonably close to Waikiki, where you will most likely be staying. It is thick rainforest/jungle in there and a lot of hutners do hunt from stands. If you are planning to bring a commercial stand, I'm sure it will be just fine. IMHO, climbers don't work well in HI, due to the large number of branches on most trees, and fewer straight trees. Maybe it is just my personal preference, but I use hang-on stands, and have never used a climber. If you have any other questions, just let me know....

Misadventure Gear
Misadventure Gear
Misadventure Gear
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

http://www.misadventuregear.com

Back to top Go down