Hawaii Sportsman
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Got Goat?

2 posters

Go down

Got Goat? Empty Got Goat?

Post  KYN808 Sat Mar 22, 2008 3:30 am

This is a herd of wild goats from the island of Kauai, pretty thick huh? Bring plenty arrows lol!
https://servimg.com/view/12158694/1
Got Goat? 1

KYN808
Piglet
Piglet

Back to top Go down

Got Goat? Empty Re: Got Goat?

Post  eric@hawaiisportsman Sat Mar 22, 2008 4:18 am

How's the nice billy I circled

Got Goat? Dsc01710
eric@hawaiisportsman
eric@hawaiisportsman
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Got Goat? Empty You found the brute alright!

Post  KYN808 Sun Mar 23, 2008 12:42 am

I got within 10 yards of that big billy after rounding them up and sending them back towards my 13-year old daughter, who I had set up along the trail about 300 yards back. I could have easily shot him or any of the others, but I really wanted my daughter to shoot her first animal and that was the intent of this trip. Sooooo...the entire herd of 50+ trots back to her and casually walks past her single-file at about 10 yards Shocked I see her shoot once and see a goat take off running. I then see the tail-end of the herd continue to walk past her and she shoots a second time, goats bolt up the cliff. I think, yeah two down her first time cheers I get back to her and she says that she was scared of the goats as they approached her and she doesn't know if she hit anything silent We look for her arrows and when we find both, there's no blood on them but one of them has some hair on the broadhead. She must've just grazed one of them. Razz A quick search around the area, no blood, no dead goats. Better luck next time. The teaching of our keiki this beloved sport is very important and rewarding.

Peace...Out

Wes

KYN808
Piglet
Piglet

Back to top Go down

Got Goat? Empty Re: Got Goat?

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down