Hawaii Sportsman
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fire hose

+2
ShannonChun
BRADDA SHAWN
6 posters

Go down

Fire hose Empty Fire hose

Post  BRADDA SHAWN Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:20 am

Anyone know how make fire hose cut collars lmk ! mahalo Shawn boy
BRADDA SHAWN
BRADDA SHAWN
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Fire hose Empty Re: Fire hose

Post  ShannonChun Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:51 am

you just got to buy the clips like the regular cut callers..... i personally wouldnt use fire ho callers thoe.....
ShannonChun
ShannonChun
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  BRADDA SHAWN Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:06 am

Thanks .. Why is the water hose junk bro ? - Shawn boy
BRADDA SHAWN
BRADDA SHAWN
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  ShannonChun Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:29 am

Yea bro seen boars cut right threw um...... Regular cut callers r the best 4inc and over
ShannonChun
ShannonChun
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  BRADDA SHAWN Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:38 am

Rahj thanks ahhh bro for looking out !! I use 3" collars so the smaller dogs can move faster , but rahj I look in to the cut collars before the fire hose Mahalo -Shawn
BRADDA SHAWN
BRADDA SHAWN
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  CAVE CANEM Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:22 am

LOCKED & LOADED KREW wrote:Anyone know how make fire hose cut collars lmk ! mahalo Shawn boy
Cut to length
Turn inside out
Rivet collars to material
Put velcro.
Run um!

If you're worried about a cut through cut the liner an inch short and put the rivets through both! If a boar can puka this that is 1 beast!
CAVE CANEM
CAVE CANEM
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  JOSH KUHNS Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:47 pm

Just run your garmins thats whAt i do.but its good to always protect the dog.i just use garmin with one inch dayglows with my name tag thats all.but if u use cut collar take shannons advice hes right we used to use the fire hose and the tusk does go right through.aloha josh
JOSH KUHNS
JOSH KUHNS
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  CAVE CANEM Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:36 pm

ShannonChun wrote:Yea bro seen boars cut right threw um...... Regular cut callers r the best 4inc and over
JOSH KUHNS wrote:Take Shannons advice hes right we used the fire hose and the tusk does go right through
Can you guys elaborate on what you guys used and what you mean by cut through? Punctured or ripped? Did it go through both layers or did you guys cut the hose horizontally and only use 1 layer? Sounds like you guys used just the jacket? I've been thinking of using the fire hose as the outside layer of my collars, Just wanted to hear your guys first hand experiences with using the fire hose. Don't want to use it if it's worse then what I am using as an outside layer now!
CAVE CANEM
CAVE CANEM
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  ShannonChun Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:50 pm

What's up jusacruza yea I had fire holes collars b4 they was made by my uncle leejhon Saragossa the material looked and felt strong but boars puka right threw um I only use to run 2 dogs back then so got to see how the collars would stand up to some scrapy boars!!! Also had the cavlar cut collars!!!! It suppose to b bullit proof but boars also cut right threw um!! Hope this helps!!
ShannonChun
ShannonChun
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  CAVE CANEM Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:57 pm

Thanks for the input Shannon! I've done some homework on materials used for collars, vests, bibs and breastplates and I've found they all can be cut at a certain point or they're to expensive to use! Kevlar is actually a really sh*tty material for cut gear! It is made to stop penetration and needs regular maintenance hence why bulletproof vests are made up of multiple layers and once shot need to be replaced! Ask a police officer to take a hatchet to his kevlar, It won't last long! Laughing The best material on the market available currently is Viper Cloth but last I heard could only be bought in bulk rolls, I don't got the $ to throw down only so I can produce 1000's of collars! Haha! They use it in anti snake applications boots, chaps and jeans and a few vendors on the mainland started using it for dog gear and the manufacturer made it harder to acquire. Next best material is what most of our current gear uses 1000+ Denier Ballistic Nylon or Cordura. Denier actually refers to weight not strength, 1050 is the recommended Denier as 1860 is made in asia and doesn't age as well with use (Turns frayed and stringy) Seen a few cut collars do this! I've had hose on hand for a few years now just haven't tried it yet due to my other homemade collars have been holding up pretty good! Just for the sake of it and cause I enjoy reading this story HAHA 644 Pounds! http://www.duluthtrading.com/store/dtc-shared/about-duluth-trading-company/notes-from-the-field/wild-boar-fire-hose-pants/wild-boar-fire-hose-jeans.aspx
CAVE CANEM
CAVE CANEM
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Fire hose Empty cut collars

Post  alikaf Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:03 am

I get 6. 5 inch cut collars never used yet. I m me. Maybe we can work someting out ( my wife bought for the dogs) but I no run'um.
alikaf
alikaf
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Fire hose Empty fire hose

Post  mutts Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:07 am

if u want to use fire hose what was shown to me and how we used them, was we would cut the hose bigger than the dogs neck and rivet nylon dog collars to fasten the collar to the dog. We would also burn our info. into the collar itself, all the years using this type of collar never had one cut through, had shaves on them but not cut through, im not saying it couldnt happen. We also use the heavy duty tie downs the truckers use. we would measure the dogs neck and fasten them snug enough to get over the dogs head and be secure enough for safety. We would use the pvc glue to stick the strap together. Ask me what we use now, nothing.

mutts
Piglet
Piglet

Back to top Go down

Post  JOSH KUHNS Thu Dec 13, 2012 5:01 pm

Pops santana made ours and all he did was make it snug rivet the ends and was a slip on type no buckles.aloha
JOSH KUHNS
JOSH KUHNS
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  BRADDA SHAWN Thu Dec 13, 2012 5:18 pm

Rahj thanks guys for the help !! God bless ! If anyone can help me out with cut collar or help me make my firehouse lmk please and thank you ! Mahalo happy holidays -Shawn boy
BRADDA SHAWN
BRADDA SHAWN
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  CAVE CANEM Thu Dec 13, 2012 5:32 pm

Do you already got some hose Shawn?
CAVE CANEM
CAVE CANEM
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  BRADDA SHAWN Thu Dec 13, 2012 6:40 pm

Not yet but I can grab it , I didn't wanna get cause I didn't know how to make it .
BRADDA SHAWN
BRADDA SHAWN
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  CAVE CANEM Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:42 pm

Easiest way is going to be like couple braddahs already mentioned. Measure your dogs neck, Overlap lil bit & just rivet.
CAVE CANEM
CAVE CANEM
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down