Hawaii Sportsman
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

don't know if lame or sad is the rite right word

+5
Babooze
CAVE CANEM
Turkey Joe
Ikestr
nudgemar
9 posters

Go down

don't know if lame or sad is the rite right word Empty don't know if lame or sad is the rite right word

Post  nudgemar Fri Jun 26, 2009 6:27 am

Thankz to all hunters out there who have shared their knowledge and respect for da aina. I'm a fairly new hunter and continu to soak up new knowledge. A few months ago I had a trail cam stolen in Aina Haina.....of course I was so sore cuz I had saved money and the cam was excitin and good learnin tool. The feeder was left alone and I thought it might be ok but was also stolen when I went back out a later that week. This all happen back in April but I just shook it off. I decided to post cuz I'm still seeing food cans, cigarette butts, and trash left out their from other huntaz. I also read about the carcasses bein found in Palolo....a while back someone had left the stomach cavity hanging on the tree next to one of the main trails here in Aina Haina. Sad cuz the main trail is used by us who live in Aina Haina to walk their dogs and the childrens also saw them. Any shoots not to ramble on but I had a nice talk with a buddies Mom who reminded us to take care of the aina and it will take care of you. Thanks for listen and please remind any hunters to keep the respect of others and the areas we all visit.

nudgemar
Piglet
Piglet

Back to top Go down

don't know if lame or sad is the rite right word Empty Amen Brotha

Post  Ikestr Fri Jun 26, 2009 7:41 am

My buddies stuff got jacked too, but hang in there what goes around comes around. Wise mom speaks the truth.
Aloha
Ikestr
Ikestr
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

don't know if lame or sad is the rite right word Empty Re: don't know if lame or sad is the rite right word

Post  Turkey Joe Sat Jun 27, 2009 1:00 am

I know the feeling. Last year I got burned; lost a camera, solar charger and feeder...during the weekend of a big pig hunting tournament. Coincidence? It's hard to say. I have overheard conversations about cutting cameras and feeders off trees while wating for a certain meeting in Kalihi Valley to start.
Turkey Joe
Turkey Joe
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

don't know if lame or sad is the rite right word Empty Re: don't know if lame or sad is the rite right word

Post  CAVE CANEM Sat Jun 27, 2009 2:33 am

Anyone know how to work one of those ink bombs?? Would be perfect setup for someone end up "Blue 4 days"! The kine they use in stores when you try remove um it blows up and gets ink on everything. pale Wouldn't be that hard for set um up for blow when they open the housing and I hear it isn't washable!! We live in a very sad world nowadays and the douchebagness is spreading more faster then Swine fever.
CAVE CANEM
CAVE CANEM
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  Babooze Sat Jun 27, 2009 3:01 pm

Unfortunately thats the age we live in now. Thats why I dont use cameras any more. Feeders are cheap enough to replace but it still sucks getting your stuff stolen. No respect for private property any more.

Babooze
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

http://hawaiioutdoorsman.freeforums.org/index.php

Back to top Go down

Post  UpFront Sat Jun 27, 2009 8:26 pm

Auwe! Too many pricks in the woods these days spoiling it. Sad
UpFront
UpFront
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  nudgemar Sat Jun 27, 2009 9:06 pm

also whats funny enough is I have some pics of some hunters with their dogs checkin out the feeder. That spot, the only choice I had to mount the camera was about head high and 20' or so from the feed station. I got some pics of the hunters with their dogs comin in and checkin the feeder out. I always had locked the feeder and camera to the trees and the pics show the hunters checkin it out but not one pic of the hunters lookin at the cam. Usually there's always been a pic or two of hunters gettin caught lookin at the cam so I don't think they saw the cam. but much respects to those hunters cuz the feeder wasn't takin and it was about two weeks later when I had pulled the feeder and cam out that I saw the pics. Atleast those guys showed respect by not takin it - Mahalos to them atlest durin that time

nudgemar
Piglet
Piglet

Back to top Go down

Post  timmy96815 Sun Jun 28, 2009 4:26 am

Anyone know how to work one of those ink bombs??

Can't remember the name of the chemical, but in high school the principle put this crystal stuff in the fire detectors. The more you try to wash it off the more blue it becomes for like a week. He just walked up to the guy who he thought did it and said let me see your hands. Could just put this stuff on the hand holds of the feeder.

That is just the reason why I am not setting anything up. Feeder or stand. I would be pissed if someone took it. Too bad it is almost impossible to shoot a pig (archery) without these.
timmy96815
timmy96815
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

don't know if lame or sad is the rite right word Empty don't know if lame or sad is the right word

Post  kkeonicampbell Sun Jun 28, 2009 7:44 pm

I've had pics of dogs with hunting collars in my pics and luckly had know theft. Also had someone leave a note on my feeder letting me know they were called to hunt by fello neighbors. Theres still some respectful hunters out there. On another note I've had friends that had lots of stuff stolen from them, feeders, stands, cameras. THAT SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!

kkeonicampbell
Piglet
Piglet

Back to top Go down

don't know if lame or sad is the rite right word Empty RITE WORD

Post  Lyle B Mon Jun 29, 2009 5:51 pm

It just blows me away to read about feeders, trailcam's, climber's, and other hunting accessories being jacked. If it's their must get hogz nearby. Anyways I feel that everyone should pick up after themselves, respect the Aina! Nudgemar I guess the rite word is AINOKEA "I do what I like" no respect.

Aloha, Lyle

Lyle B
small kine choppers
small kine choppers

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down