Hawaii Sportsman
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Your Favorite Camo Pattern?

+2
UpFront
BigDaddy1
6 posters

Go down

Your Favorite Camo Pattern? Empty Your Favorite Camo Pattern?

Post  BigDaddy1 Mon Nov 16, 2009 9:58 am

Hello All,
As I have yet to hunt on here Oahu (have to wait a few more weeks) I was wondering what everyone's favorite hunting camo pattern is here. I mainly have heavy winter duck camo and good old BDU's, so I'm looking for ideas for warm weather clothes. I was wondering what pattern to get, primarly for the NW side of the island. Yea, I know different patterns for different areas, but this is just to get me looking in the right areas. Multicam, Seclusion 3D Open Country, and Mossy Oak Brush are just a few I'm looking at, any others? Thanks.

BigDaddy1 Sends

BigDaddy1
Piglet
Piglet

Back to top Go down

Your Favorite Camo Pattern? Empty Re: Your Favorite Camo Pattern?

Post  UpFront Mon Nov 16, 2009 5:52 pm

Woodland camo from the guy on da side of da road in Nanakuli. No more UV glow.
UpFront
UpFront
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  timmy96815 Mon Nov 16, 2009 5:55 pm

I don't go over there much but I hear digital is good for that area. Personally I go for whatever is the dirt cheapest thing as long as it is not snow or desert camo or something. If I have a choice of sale stuff like on line or something, I go with mossy oak breakup. I stay in the wetter areas.

O.K. we all gotta know, Who is the guy on the side of the road in Nanakuli, I've seen plenty of da kine in that area
timmy96815
timmy96815
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  UpFront Mon Nov 16, 2009 6:41 pm

He sells new and used military style stuff right on the side of the road, pretty cheap too. I got some new woodland camo BDUs, a boonie hat, and a Gerber multi tool for twenty bucks!
UpFront
UpFront
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  timmy96815 Mon Nov 16, 2009 6:46 pm

Dude, No kidding. He is going to get some business from this. I will check him out. Where is He?
timmy96815
timmy96815
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  UpFront Mon Nov 16, 2009 9:25 pm

Mauka side of the highway. Just drive through Nanakuli and you can't miss him. I'm not sure if he's there during the week though.
UpFront
UpFront
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  evan Tue Nov 17, 2009 2:25 am

For hunting in the wetter areas it is hard to get camo that matches the terrain. The normal woodland camo is probably one of the best, but its hard to find it in anything but cotton or cotton/poly. I dont like walking around with my pants weighing 20lbs when they're wet so I won't buy em. I liked advantage Timber cabelas microtex a lot, it had a lot of bright greens. But I haven't seen it for sale anymore. The spring green predator camo looks nice too, but the quality isn't too good I've read.

Your Favorite Camo Pattern? Bl_65169_image3

I think in the drier areas, the ACU would do fine. Or any of the desert camo patterns.

Mossyoak breakup might as well just be solid black, because that's what it looks like from 20 yards.

I'd have to say staying still is better than any camo. As long as your clothes are dull colored I don't think it matters much.
evan
evan
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Your Favorite Camo Pattern? Empty best camo

Post  Jedi8541 Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:39 am

the previous poster is absolutely right about being still being the best camo. Detected motion is what catches animals attention. Any camo that breaks up your outline and isnt a solid contrast will work. Moving slow when the animal is occupied eating or drinking helps the most.
Jedi8541
Jedi8541
Piglet
Piglet

Back to top Go down

Your Favorite Camo Pattern? Empty camo

Post  m16a2soldier Thu Nov 19, 2009 3:02 pm

I use secluision 3d for most of scouting, but a have a gillie suit form cabelas in realtree apg hd. for sitting in the stand. It breasks up your outling pretty good though its better in real brushy areas.
m16a2soldier
m16a2soldier
Piglet
Piglet

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down