Hawaii Sportsman
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dead down wind?

2 posters

Go down

Dead down wind? Empty Dead down wind?

Post  Kauai808 Tue Dec 22, 2009 10:09 pm

Wassup up guys. I just bought some DDW and was wondering if you guys used the product. I just got the spray online. I hope it doesn't suck, but i'm sure its better then smelly ol' me. Smile
Kauai808
Kauai808
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Dead down wind? Empty scent killer sprays

Post  AK Andy Wed Dec 23, 2009 1:00 am

Hey 808,
I used several kinds of scent killer sprays before and believe in it. Tried it on whitetails first and was amazed by one carbon spray kind many years ago. A buck came walking by me about 5 yards once and never smelled me, I had just sprayed down with the stuff. I tried the scent away, the 99%, the silver kind, the scent blocker brand and they all seem to work. I think an old boss boar or smart momma sow has one of the best noses in the woods, so I for sure would use it if sitting in a treestand in ambush or for spot and stalk on hogs if the wind is wrong or shifts. Bummer is the stuff is spendy and I tend to use it liberally to spray myself down. If anything, I think having sprayed down can give you added confidence that your scent may be more likely to be undetected. That alone is a good enough reason to use it. The darn stuff is too heavy for a long range hunt in the mountains though. I see that the dead down wind kind now makes packets of powder you can carry in and then dissolve in water and a spray bottle. I want to try out some of those next. If you don't have a lot then just spray it in your boots, hat brim, arm pits and high sweat areas first. I used to hang my hunting clothes out in the air for a few days before opening day of hunting season. doing laundry with arm and hammer unscented laundry detergent is a good idea too and don't use a scented dryer sheet.
Good luck being odorless, I hope the hogs don't smell you.
AK
AK Andy
AK Andy
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down