Hawaii Sportsman
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pig hunters meeting --- game warden

+3
ollie
eric@hawaiisportsman
Admin
7 posters

Go down

Pig hunters meeting --- game warden Empty Pig hunters meeting --- game warden

Post  Admin Wed Oct 22, 2008 6:25 pm

originally posted by Ollie

For those of you who will be coming to the meeting Nov 6, And had a run in with Haina can you bring a written statement of the problem. Infact if you was treating bad by any warden I'd like to know. I'm putting things together to get the press involve if we can't get results from DLNR. Only by working together we can get result. I know one thing is that this guy is not going to stop and so far everyone is covering his back and protecting him. As far as DLNR is concern they would like to keep ALL and I REPEAT, ALL OF US OUT OF THE MOUNTAIN AND THE OCEAN. So help me protect what we love to do. Make sure statements is not BS. Anyway the meeting is Nov.6, Kalihi Rec Center behind the Police Station, at 7:30PM. Also for those of you who are interested the Director of DLNR, Governors Rep and Politicians, will be at the Northshore neighborhood board meeting Tues, Nov 26, 7PM at Alii Beach Park. That meeting will be devoted on problems with DLNR . Come out and make your concerns public and it will be shown on OLEO. Anyway if you have any question call me... Ollie

Admin
Admin

https://hawaiisportsman.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Pig hunters meeting --- game warden Empty Re: Pig hunters meeting --- game warden

Post  eric@hawaiisportsman Thu Nov 06, 2008 10:58 pm

this is tonight!!!!!
eric@hawaiisportsman
eric@hawaiisportsman
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Pig hunters meeting --- game warden Empty MAHALO!

Post  ollie Sat Nov 08, 2008 1:50 am

I want to thank you for attending the meeting with the game wardens regrading the "HAINA" issue. It was a great meeting and hopefully the wardens went home with a better picture of the problems we're faced with.

I also want to thank Guy Chang and Gary Moniz for taking the time to attend and inform us on the DLNR's position.

Thank you all (members and visitors) for participating and conducting yourselves in a courteous manner. In other words.........thank you for not being rowdy! And for those of you who was not in attendance, you missed a great meeting.

Just a reminder that on the 18th of Nov. there will be another meeting with Mrs. Theilen of DLNR at Camp Erdman @6:30pm. Please try to be there as she is the head of DLNR.

Mahalo.......................

ollie
Piglet
Piglet

Back to top Go down

Pig hunters meeting --- game warden Empty Re: Pig hunters meeting --- game warden

Post  HYPA Sat Nov 08, 2008 5:31 am

so olle what was the outcome? was this a public relations meeting were theY hear the people then push em under the rug? what was the out come ?

I heard that its possible to put T R O s on this guy if you feel that your life is in danger......did they explain that once the tro is served he cant do any field work and he cannot carry a fire arm untill the court date has come and a judge has removed the T R O?

I personally couldnt make the meeting cuz of work but would like to know what ?s were ansewered.

thanks.

CHRIS
HYPA
HYPA
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  ollie Sat Nov 08, 2008 6:20 am

I think now they know more of whats going on in the field. This is just one step in getting this problem resolved. With this meeting we have put them on notice that enough is enough. Also had a couple of reporters present who will be doing an article on whats going on. I know it's a slow process but at least if anything happens and one of us gets hurt, they will be blamed for not taking action to correct this problem after what was said last night. Yes it was said that those that had guns drawn on them could file complaints with the Police Dept and also maybe take out a TRO's on him. I can't say thats true cause those people will have to go and check with the Police. I know if that happened to me I would have been at the police station the first chance I could. I also would have also talked to a lawyer to see what options I had. So for some of us the ball is in our court. What was said last night, they would be foolish to cover this up cause to many incidents took place to many individuals plus it's going to be made public by the two reporters. Anyway we just have to keep pushing to make sure we get this problem resolved. The next meeting will be important also so if you can make it be there.

ollie
Piglet
Piglet

Back to top Go down

Post  Babooze Sat Nov 08, 2008 5:55 pm

Howzit Uncle Ollie, I attended the Meeting Thurs. night and although I am not a member of the Assn. , First I want to thank you for helping to bring this problem to the DLNR's table. I have never run in to Henry Haina myself but I have friends that have and have been reading about others experiences with him for a couple years now. Secondly I want to thank the people that came to the meeting to "testify". I know it was hard to keep from loosing your cool and and explain the problem.

I also thought some very good points were raised:

Who does DOCARE answer to? Why dont they have a Board or Commission to handle these kind of problems?

How do we know our concerns will be addressed?

What if any kind of punishment will he receive?

Isnt it a conflict of interest to have a DOCARE officer leasing land adjoining a state hunting area?

Being a representative of DOCARE and the State of Hawaii are we to interpret his actions as a message to Hunters and Fishermen that this is how the DOCARE and the State feel about us?

I do feel this meeting was a big step in right direction as far as resolving "the Henry Haina problem".
Thirdly, Cory and Munsta it was great meeting you guys all I can say is you guys are good people! Brudda Dean Kanuha was good seeing you again too! Uncle Ollie I was going to introduce myself but when I got to the table you had stepped away. Next time for sure!

Babooze
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

http://hawaiioutdoorsman.freeforums.org/index.php

Back to top Go down

Post  ollie Sat Apr 04, 2009 6:33 pm

just a short note on the status of Henry Haina. I checked with the Governor's office and presently he is on administrative and medical leave. All investigation is still being conducted on the complaints filed against him by the Attorney General and by DLNR. I'll keep you posted when I get more info.

ollie
Piglet
Piglet

Back to top Go down

Post  ollie Fri Jul 17, 2009 6:46 am

The latest with Haina is his back work. Found out he was out in the field and a complaint was filed cause the investigation is not complete. Looks like the state is going to bury this case. If you are concern we need more people to come forward who got harass by Him. Got some lawyers that is taking statement and if they feel you have a case, you will be included in the lawsuit. It won't cost you anything and if you want your name kept secret they'll do that to. So here is your chance to be heard and pay him back for the things he did to you. Call this #275-1200 and ask them in the office. Remember this guy is not going away unless we take action.

ollie
Piglet
Piglet

Back to top Go down

Post  muggs Sat Aug 22, 2009 4:24 pm

"Paying him back" !!

For doing his job? It seems that this is a personal vendetta with you.

It seems that a lot of us hunters grumble about there being no enforcement but when one of our friends get caught all of a sudden its the game warden's fault and and we have to pay him back. A lot of people complaining about this warden admitted to hunting illegally.

Let the State finish the investigation and quit bitching about it

muggs
Piglet
Piglet

Back to top Go down

Post  CAVE CANEM Sat Aug 22, 2009 9:21 pm

Howzit Muggs! Google his name and make your own judgement. Reading through the 10 pages of results I found I am dumbfounded that he is still employed by the state and think he should be removed as soon as possible from any authority position. Whether dealing with Poachers or Land owners we are all citizens that pay for law enforcements services and if they can't handle having their given authority, They should be removed!! It is no secret that the morals and dignity that used to be present within these departments are dwindling and us as the hand that feeds need to figure out a way to "shorten the chain". Just my observations and .02! Mahalo!
CAVE CANEM
CAVE CANEM
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  muggs Sat Aug 22, 2009 11:03 pm

Jusacruzah

Well said. I'm not saying that the guy shouldn't be punished if he broke the laws. If he overstepped his authority then he should be held responsible and he should be held to a higher standard the regular public.

It just seemed that everyone wanted to hang the guy because of rumors and secondhand stories.

I'm not calling anyone a liar but we should see how it plays out before burying the guy.

Take care & God bless

muggs
Piglet
Piglet

Back to top Go down

Post  ollie Wed Dec 23, 2009 7:25 am

Just to let all of you know that a Law suit has been filed. The suit is for Civil Rights Violation and named in the suit is Haina,Thomas Tanaka, Aku and Thielen. It was filed in Federal Court so now we just sit back and see what happens. Haina was found guilty once so he knows the drll. For those of you who feels he did nothing wrong will get your answers.

ollie
Piglet
Piglet

Back to top Go down

Post  muggs Thu May 03, 2012 4:36 am

There was a lot of talk about this case but now it's all quiet. What was the outcome?

muggs
Piglet
Piglet

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down