Hawaii Sportsman
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FEED THE HUNGRY

+4
4X4TOYOTA
Vidinha
KANUHA BROTHERS
s_wright121
8 posters

Go down

FEED THE HUNGRY Empty FEED THE HUNGRY

Post  s_wright121 Sun Mar 02, 2008 5:28 am

I went yesterday to River of Life Mission to help feed the homless. It was a great and humbling experience.
I talked to the director about this, hunters helping the needy. What I am asking is how many of you would be willing to donate meat for this? and also possibly A night to help cook and serve for those less fortunate then us?
And also the Hogs pig brought in for the tournaments I would like to donate also, of course you take your share to feed your Ohana to.
Please would like feedback on this (good or bad) Exclamation
Aloha, Steve Very Happy

s_wright121
small kine choppers
small kine choppers

Back to top Go down

FEED THE HUNGRY Empty IM IN!!!!!!

Post  KANUHA BROTHERS Sun Mar 02, 2008 6:41 am

HI STEVE, I WOULD LOVE TO HELP!!!!
I CAN DONATE MEAT AND HELP COOK AND SERVE.
HIT ME UP WHEN YOU NEED THE HELP.

ALOHA DEAN KANUHA
rabbit
KANUHA BROTHERS
KANUHA BROTHERS
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

FEED THE HUNGRY Empty Re: FEED THE HUNGRY

Post  Vidinha Sun Mar 02, 2008 7:09 am

I volunteer there a few times a year also and you are right, It is a very uplifting and humbling experience. The first time I went was with Troy Fujihara, I just went because he was nervous and wanted someone to go with him, to tell you the truth I felt kinda funny myself about going. When I got there I saw alot of druggies and low lifes that I normally watch that they don't get to close to me. After a while I saw how much they realy appreciated the service and got to talking to them and realised that they were people just like you and I, most of them were in the situation they were in becouse of sircumstances beyond there control and thus shunned by society. What realy got me was that I volunteered on Thanks Giving of I think it was 2003, and a few months later I was doing a job down town and some guy all dirty and stink came up to me and said " Hey, I remember you, you helped serve our Thanks Giving dinner at the mission". Before that I just thought it was a good thing to do for my carma or whatever, I had no idea that it ment so much that the people would remember me after only seeing me once in there lives and know why they know me. I now know that I made a difference in someones life in turn making a difference in the world however small it was it still was. From then on I was hooked.
I think it's a great idea. A half a pig or so a month from just a handful of hunters would be huge.
P.S. Steve, did you get the message I sent you? Give me a call 861-6680
Aloha,
Cory
Vidinha
Vidinha
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

http://www.cory-vidinha.magix.net

Back to top Go down

FEED THE HUNGRY Empty Got some meat

Post  4X4TOYOTA Sat Mar 08, 2008 10:19 pm

Hey steve

I got some pig meat to donate
so just let me know when and where
shoots
Ikaika

4X4TOYOTA
small kine choppers
small kine choppers

Back to top Go down

Post  jerryd Sun Mar 09, 2008 5:50 pm

I have about 20lbs of deer and mouflon meat that I can contribute. Hopefully will be getting more deer next weekend. Where do we bring the meat?

jerryd
Piglet
Piglet

http://www.suddenrushtattoo.com

Back to top Go down

FEED THE HUNGRY Empty organize

Post  eric@hawaiisportsman Sun Mar 09, 2008 8:39 pm

I will try and organize something. I would like to have a bunch of hunters all donate meat at the same time. I will call and see what we can do. It would be great for the hungry and great for us hunters to show a positive side. Aloha Eric
eric@hawaiisportsman
eric@hawaiisportsman
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

FEED THE HUNGRY Empty Iam back

Post  s_wright121 Mon Mar 10, 2008 6:27 am

Sorry for the wait Laughing
Been in cali for sisters wedding Crying or Very sad . so here it is talk to the guys from SCI (Safari Club International) I will be using the setup program Sportsmans Against Hunger. we as the Bushwackers Achery Club Very Happy . Right now all Iam doing is getting organized for this. I'am tying some loose ends with food safety issue also. Guys I really appreciate all this support. This is a good time to show the community that we are here to help, and not to just take. River of Life Mission is just the start. Soon I'am sure all of us would like to see this in the whole state of Hawaii, not just Oahu. Right now no need for meat. I will keep everyone Updated with this. I will be speaking about this subject at the Xtreme Bowhunter Challenge this upcoming weekend
Again a Big Mahalo for all the support
Sportsman for a better future.
Aloha Steve Wright

s_wright121
small kine choppers
small kine choppers

Back to top Go down

Post  Turkey Joe Sat Mar 15, 2008 9:56 am

You guys rock!!! Let's do the donation thing. The NWTF(re: turkey afflicted brethren) donate to the foodbank every year. It'd be a great thing here to show that Hawaii hunters can donate meat to the hungry. Afterall, there's several states on the mainland that have programs for hunters to donate "extra" venison to foodbanks. Why not here?
Turkey Joe
Turkey Joe
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

FEED THE HUNGRY Empty Help

Post  Ambusher Wed Mar 19, 2008 8:00 am

This is agreat idea! I tried over here in Hilo about a year ago to donate to the PBJ ministries and was told it would have to be USDA approved. To get that done I would have to take a live boar in to a slaughter house, have him inspected, slaughtered and inspected again! As you know I only bring 'em home dead as a doornail so I was stonewalled. If you guys can get this going I got a surplus and could probably fly it over frozen. I should have a BBQ in the park for all the homeless here. Keep me in the loop.
Ambusher
Ambusher
Piglet
Piglet

http://bowhuntinghawaii.com/

Back to top Go down

FEED THE HUNGRY Empty UPDATE

Post  s_wright121 Wed Mar 26, 2008 10:02 am

Well,
They said no to the wild game. it needs to be USDA sealed and approved WHATEVER ( mother always said i didn't listen) Very Happy . I have some friends that work up there i'am going to talk to them and see what they can do. IF ANYONE OF YOU KNOW's ANYONE THAT COULD HELP US I.E. KNOW ANY LOOP HOLES OR SOMBODY WE COULD TALK TO THAT WOULD BE GREAT Question . IF I HAVE TO GO TO THE PARKS MYSELF AND COOK THATS WHAT I'LL DO. I believe that there is a way for us to share are catch with the needy, with enough of us searching we will find the way. Anyways I still would like for us to get togather and do a cookout for them down at the mission. Even though we are not giving them are catch we are giving them somthing, Somthing from the Hunters(US). EVERYONE THAT IS INTERESTED LET ME KNOW Very Happy Ican get the open dates from shevy down there and can bounce them off your schedules.
IF you have any info contact me at 489-8252 Steve Wright
Where there is a will there is a way.
ALSO THANK YOU FOR ALL YOUR SUPPORT IN THIS MANNER Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation

s_wright121
small kine choppers
small kine choppers

Back to top Go down

Post  s_wright121 Wed Apr 16, 2008 9:22 pm

Great News Guys Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Got everything going and River of Life Mission will be accepting wild meat from us hunters. who ever is interested let me know. stipulations is that is is skined, deheaded, and pererably de boned. If you have a hog and dont want to do the work let me know I can process the meat also. Again guys thanks for the support and helping out with the less fortunate.
Aloha Steve 489-8252 Very Happy

s_wright121
small kine choppers
small kine choppers

Back to top Go down

Post  s_wright121 Sun Apr 27, 2008 12:37 am

Aloha
For those of you who would like to help out. Let me know when would be good times for you . I mean during the week or weekends
also I can start recieving the pigs or meat that you have for donation. Very Happy Remember this is going for a good cause.
Aloha steve

s_wright121
small kine choppers
small kine choppers

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down