Hawaii Sportsman
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kennel set-ups ADVICE WANTED (PICS)

+8
BRIAN AKINA
Hui-Laho-Nui
trackandgrab
BigBoarKVH
Wahine Boar Huntah
koa96727
CAVE CANEM
bloodline.kaha
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Kennel set-ups ADVICE WANTED (PICS) Empty Kennel set-ups ADVICE WANTED (PICS)

Post  bloodline.kaha Thu Feb 17, 2011 1:59 am

Aloha everybody. Ive got problems with the kennels I bought. 4- 10x10x6 w/ chain link. Its nice but its so flimsy. My dogs just find a way to get out. I would love some input or advice. I was thinking maybe I gotta make hollow tile kennels instead. only problem BIG BUCKS. LOL
bloodline.kaha
bloodline.kaha
Piglet
Piglet

Back to top Go down

Kennel set-ups ADVICE WANTED (PICS) Empty Re: Kennel set-ups ADVICE WANTED (PICS)

Post  CAVE CANEM Thu Feb 17, 2011 5:16 am

Depends on how they're getting out. Digging under? Climb the fence? Open the latch? Yank the fence till open a hole? Jump on the house and then jump over? You think I have had a similar problem before? Laughing
My dogs climb the fence or jump on the house and jump over so I moved the houses to the middle of the kennel and spent a few days out there scolding them for climbing on the fence till they gave up. If this doesn't work you can put a hot wire 4 feet up and they will never climb the fence again! My old Bull/Heeler used to rip the fence so I had to patch a bunch of holes until I decided to just replace the chain link fence with some cattle panel and tied it off along with couple spot welds. When I worked at the shelter we had a bunch of dogs used to open the latches so we put a clip or a pad lock in the space so the latch no can open without taking it off. My dogs not really diggers but you could put some fencing on the bottom and bury it under whatever you get for your bottom.
CAVE CANEM
CAVE CANEM
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Kennel set-ups ADVICE WANTED (PICS) Empty RE: Kennel set-ups

Post  bloodline.kaha Thu Feb 17, 2011 6:16 am

Eh thanks Juscruzah. lol. Yeah my dogs bite and yank on the fence until they make holes to get out. And some of my bulls dont get along, causing fights through the fence. Patching fences fixes the problem for a while. I need something solid. So I dont have to worry.

Does anybody have any advice on building a solid kennel setup.
bloodline.kaha
bloodline.kaha
Piglet
Piglet

Back to top Go down

Kennel set-ups ADVICE WANTED (PICS) Empty Re: Kennel set-ups ADVICE WANTED (PICS)

Post  koa96727 Thu Feb 17, 2011 6:56 am

hog panel comes in 53in by 16ft sheets dogs will not break dat
koa96727
koa96727
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  Wahine Boar Huntah Thu Feb 17, 2011 5:46 pm

yea i needed some advice on building some kennels..havent even started yet, i got my dogs on a chain...i bought a hog panel but didnt even start, how much panels will it take to build atleast a 6 stall?and how did you do the roof on hog panels? do u have photos of ur kennel to get an idea?

Mahalo,
Tita
Wahine Boar Huntah
Wahine Boar Huntah
Piglet
Piglet

Back to top Go down

Post  BigBoarKVH Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:34 pm

I like this subject gang. How much is the hog wire and where do you get it from. And if anyone has a pic of their kennels that they could proudly post on this subject forum that would be a huge help. I'm more of a visual learner. Aloha
BigBoarKVH
BigBoarKVH
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  Wahine Boar Huntah Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:38 pm

well hog panels here on Molokai, the smaller ones are about 48 bucks, and the bigger one is 58 bucks
Wahine Boar Huntah
Wahine Boar Huntah
Piglet
Piglet

Back to top Go down

Post  bloodline.kaha Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:07 pm

BigBoarKVH wrote:I like this subject gang. How much is the hog wire and where do you get it from. And if anyone has a pic of their kennels that they could proudly post on this subject forum that would be a huge help. I'm more of a visual learner. Aloha

Thanks

BigboarKVH: YEA I would love to see some pics of kennel set-ups. Visuals always better.

TITA: thanks for the info. Hog panel. I would also like to see pics of roof set-ups too.
bloodline.kaha
bloodline.kaha
Piglet
Piglet

Back to top Go down

Post  Wahine Boar Huntah Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:17 pm

Yeah, always good to see some photos.....makes it easier to visual it
Wahine Boar Huntah
Wahine Boar Huntah
Piglet
Piglet

Back to top Go down

Kennel set-ups ADVICE WANTED (PICS) Empty Kennels

Post  trackandgrab Fri Feb 18, 2011 3:33 am

Get one guy on craigslist advertising for build custom kennels on any island. I don't know how much he charge but the kennels look cherry. His # is 896-4038.

trackandgrab
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

http://www.dantonnaone.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Wahine Boar Huntah Fri Feb 18, 2011 4:21 am

Hoo i went try price one 6 stall he went quote me one stall is 650, and he said hell do it for me for 500 one stall so $3,000 for 6 stall...:0 tooo expensive lol..

this is the size he quote me for
> hight- about 6ft
> width- about 3ft
> length- about 5ft

Sorry the one that quoted me this price was the person in Ewa beach...i saw that their was another ad, for all islands...

Last edited by Wahine Boar Huntah on Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Wahine Boar Huntah
Wahine Boar Huntah
Piglet
Piglet

Back to top Go down

Post  koa96727 Fri Feb 18, 2011 4:57 am

das a crazy price im making 3 new stalls add on and every thing is coasting me around 500 total fr ground up 4 wide by 6 hi by 8 long
koa96727
koa96727
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  Hui-Laho-Nui Fri Feb 18, 2011 6:43 am

Ho yea mike, I like check um out wen u pau. u goin put da same water line lidat too?
Hui-Laho-Nui
Hui-Laho-Nui
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  koa96727 Fri Feb 18, 2011 6:54 am

yea same water set up keeps da water clean
koa96727
koa96727
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  Wahine Boar Huntah Fri Feb 18, 2011 7:35 am

Can you post some photos?
Wahine Boar Huntah
Wahine Boar Huntah
Piglet
Piglet

Back to top Go down

Kennel set-ups ADVICE WANTED (PICS) Empty JUST AN IDEA......

Post  BRIAN AKINA Fri Feb 18, 2011 6:40 pm

Kennel set-ups ADVICE WANTED (PICS) Dsc05610
Kennel set-ups ADVICE WANTED (PICS) Dsc05611
Kennel set-ups ADVICE WANTED (PICS) Dsc05612
Kennel set-ups ADVICE WANTED (PICS) Dsc05613
Kennel set-ups ADVICE WANTED (PICS) Dsc05614
DIMENSIONS FOR BASE:
14'L X 8'W X 6'H WITH PLUMBING FOR UNDERNEATH FOR WATERLINES.I KNOW LIKE KEEP FILL'N UP WATERBOWLS DAT'S Y.LICKETY SPLIFF .Very Happy Very Happy
ROOF DIMENSIONS:
20' X 12' WITH 3' OVERHANG IN FRONT,39" ON SIDES & 18" IN BACK.

IT JUST DEPENDS ON HOW MUCH YOU WANT TO $PEND & HOW LONG YOU WANT YOUR KENNELS TO LAST, ME & MY "BRADA'Z" WEN BUILD'M.WE BUILT 2 LIKE THIS,THE OTHER 1 IS A 5 STALL SAME STYLE JUST BIGGER Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
BRIAN AKINA
BRIAN AKINA
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  Wahine Boar Huntah Fri Feb 18, 2011 6:52 pm

YAWP!!!! i really like your set up this is SUPER DUPER AWESOME!!!!!!, GOOD JOB, i like how you did the water set up...how much did all this cost you
Wahine Boar Huntah
Wahine Boar Huntah
Piglet
Piglet

Back to top Go down

Post  bloodline.kaha Fri Feb 18, 2011 10:44 pm

STEADY RACKIN': Das Action...brah your setup is mean. Thats exactly what I had In mind but I just needed a visual plan. What did your budget look like for the five stall ?
bloodline.kaha
bloodline.kaha
Piglet
Piglet

Back to top Go down

Post  Koa Boa Sat Feb 19, 2011 12:36 pm

Heres our setup only pic I have at the moment just adding more visual it cost blood,sweat and beers and some tears Laughing and alot of the dogs that have lived there has brought us many cheers cheers cheers cheers its almost on its 30th anniversary and still top shape. I wish some things were different but it has served its purpose very well over the years so cannot grumble. Hope this helps....Aloha!

Kennel set-ups ADVICE WANTED (PICS) IMAG0660
Koa Boa
Koa Boa
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  bloodline.kaha Sat Feb 19, 2011 9:15 pm

Hey KOA BOA cherry setup bro. Im intrested in what you think should be different about your setup. After so many years brah still look top shape. And your kennels still produce awsome hog killing machines.lol pig
bloodline.kaha
bloodline.kaha
Piglet
Piglet

Back to top Go down

Post  Koa Boa Sun Feb 20, 2011 3:07 am

bloodline.kaha wrote:Hey KOA BOA cherry setup bro. Im intrested in what you think should be different about your setup. After so many years brah still look top shape. And your kennels still produce awsome hog killing machines.lol pig

Howzit My Bradda Mahalo Much! For me we shoulda made a front eave that covered da walkway thats my biggest "Shoulda done different issue" so that way no get soak when feeding da dogs etc and stay raining Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing And we shoulda made at least one dedicated stall for whelping although transforming aint a big deal sometimes depending on how many dogs we get at da moment space suffers. So we gotta play musical dogs Laughing Laughing Laughing aint easy sometimes Very Happy Yeah next month it makes 30 years old LOL!!!

Alohaz

Bradda Muns
Koa Boa
Koa Boa
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Kennel set-ups ADVICE WANTED (PICS) Empty kennel set-ups

Post  JYD Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:39 am

JYD
JYD
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Kennel set-ups ADVICE WANTED (PICS) Empty free kennels

Post  trackandgrab Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:54 pm

In the FREE section of craigslist somebody giving away a 13 stall kennel. It does not say what island stay.

trackandgrab
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

http://www.dantonnaone.com

Back to top Go down

Post  CAVE CANEM Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:57 pm

13 stall Kennels are on Kauai.
CAVE CANEM
CAVE CANEM
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  Kauai808 Thu Dec 27, 2012 3:20 am

What you guys use in the floor? Just dirt or concrete or plywood? I was trying to think of how I want to put my kennels too. I was actually thinking since I get the space, is a cheap dog houses and dog runners to each house. Maybe 20ft long. So have all the houses in a row and the runners inline too. Just gotta make sure they aren't close enough to tangle.

Any thoughts or suggestions?
Kauai808
Kauai808
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next