Hawaii Sportsman
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Any suggestions for an overnight 2 day hunt

3 posters

Go down

Any suggestions for an overnight 2 day hunt Empty Any suggestions for an overnight 2 day hunt

Post  gap626 Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:47 am

Let me start by thanking everyone for all of the great information in the hunting forum. You have given a rookie Hawaii hunter a chance to go out and have a lot of fun and get a chance to see some pigs. I am thinking about doing a 2 day overnight hunt soon. I would like to get into a little more remote location and sit around the campfire (hopefully with a pig on the spit) and a starry sky above. Does anyone have any suggestions as to where I might go? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

gap626
Piglet
Piglet

Back to top Go down

Any suggestions for an overnight 2 day hunt Empty Re: Any suggestions for an overnight 2 day hunt

Post  Misadventure Gear Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:03 am

What island are you on? On Maui, Polipoli Springs State Park campground is smack dab in the middle of the archery-only Unit E. You can hunt pigs there year-round. Unfortunately, they don't allow open fires. Unit E is also inside Unit C, which is a great spot for goats with rifle or bow.
Misadventure Gear
Misadventure Gear
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

http://www.misadventuregear.com

Back to top Go down

Any suggestions for an overnight 2 day hunt Empty Oahu

Post  gap626 Thu Jul 19, 2012 7:00 am

Good point. I should have mentioned that I am in Oahu. I was thinking about heading to the northwest corner of the island, maybe Peacock Flats. But I thought that I should ask around before committing to anything.

gap626
Piglet
Piglet

Back to top Go down

Any suggestions for an overnight 2 day hunt Empty Re: Any suggestions for an overnight 2 day hunt

Post  DocH Mon Jul 23, 2012 7:00 am

Yeah! That's what I want to do as well. That have goats out on the northwest side I hear.

DocH
Piglet
Piglet

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down