Hawaii Sportsman
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bowhunting on the Kona Side of the Big Island

2 posters

Go down

Bowhunting on the Kona Side of the Big Island Empty Bowhunting on the Kona Side of the Big Island

Post  Misadventure Gear Thu May 22, 2008 2:14 am

Aloha,

Can anyone on the Big Island suggest an area for me to bowhunt some goats or sheep? I will be going to the Kona side next month on a business trip and I am thinking of bringing my bow. I will only have one day (Sunday) to hunt and I don't want to waste my time in an unproductive area. Any information would be appreciated. I know Maui like the back of my hand, but I haven't hunted much on the Big Island yet......
Misadventure Gear
Misadventure Gear
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

http://www.misadventuregear.com

Back to top Go down

Bowhunting on the Kona Side of the Big Island Empty Kona hunt

Post  bigislandhunter Thu May 22, 2008 5:13 am

You should check out puanahulu game management area. All you have to do is go to a DLNR office and get a sheep and a goat tag and then you can hunt there. Any questions ask?
bigislandhunter
bigislandhunter
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Bowhunting on the Kona Side of the Big Island Empty Re: Bowhunting on the Kona Side of the Big Island

Post  Misadventure Gear Fri May 23, 2008 2:30 am

Mahalo........I called the DLNR office in Hilo today and I was informed that tags are no longer required. Very Happy Can't wait to go! I'm already putting my gear list together............
Misadventure Gear
Misadventure Gear
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

http://www.misadventuregear.com

Back to top Go down

Bowhunting on the Kona Side of the Big Island Empty Re: Bowhunting on the Kona Side of the Big Island

Post  bigislandhunter Fri May 23, 2008 6:12 am

trust me you wiil have fun. you will be weaving through small goats to get to the big one. let me know how it goes!
bigislandhunter
bigislandhunter
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down