Hawaii Sportsman
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Illegal Hunting in My Neighborhood!

+11
Misadventure Gear
Daniel_Peterson
Kauai808
evan
HYPA
MAUKAKANE1
Turkey Joe
alikaf
nshunter
Babooze
stopoulchers
15 posters

Go down

Illegal Hunting in My Neighborhood! Empty Illegal Hunting in My Neighborhood!

Post  stopoulchers Sat Dec 26, 2009 7:13 am

1993 toyota pickup - White in Color - Gray lumber racks w/silver toolbox
4 door Ford pickup lifted - White in color

Found cable snares, wire traps even arrows, saw with my own eyes, shooting boars behind my house, couldnt find boar when they left.
Found other arrows in back of my house. If they are legal hunters thats alright... but if they aren't, could someone help me stop them. Seems like they arent real hunters... They have been in the back of my house, after dark! Which is definately illegal- should be out before sunset..

Can these poulchers Find somewhere else to do REAL HUNTING??? NOT in MY BACK YARD!!! Hunt like real hunters. Like when I go to KAUAI and hunt in KALALAU Valley with my 70+ year uncle Willie... with 2 dogs. I will be posting pics. of the TRUCKS ... please help me stop these Poulchers.
Thanks

stopoulchers
Piglet
Piglet

Back to top Go down

Illegal Hunting in My Neighborhood! Empty Re: Illegal Hunting in My Neighborhood!

Post  Babooze Sat Dec 26, 2009 5:51 pm

Where are you? Are you saying someone is coming in to your yard and shooting pigs? I would suggest if see someone trespassing to call DLNR and file a complaint.

Babooze
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

http://hawaiioutdoorsman.freeforums.org/index.php

Back to top Go down

Illegal Hunting in My Neighborhood! Empty Re: Illegal Hunting in My Neighborhood!

Post  nshunter Sat Dec 26, 2009 7:17 pm

It's good that you put it out there,but it won't do anything unless you notify the right people.Call the DLNR Enforcement Hotline 643-DLNR
nshunter
nshunter
Piglet
Piglet

Back to top Go down

Illegal Hunting in My Neighborhood! Empty stopolchers

Post  stopoulchers Sun Dec 27, 2009 6:27 am

Babooze wrote:Where are you? Are you saying someone is coming in to your yard and shooting pigs? I would suggest if see someone trespassing to call DLNR and file a complaint.
residential area They are hunting on Bishop Estate Property which is next to mine. I have contacted Bishop Estate which explained that if they allow someone to hunt, hunters are given written conscents and are suppose to contact the neighbors in the area which hasn't happened. As far as the DLNR, we have contacted them & were told to log lic. plate #'s & call them. Thanks for your reply.

stopoulchers
Piglet
Piglet

Back to top Go down

Illegal Hunting in My Neighborhood! Empty Reply: About DLNR

Post  stopoulchers Sun Dec 27, 2009 6:59 am

nshunter wrote:It's good that you put it out there,but it won't do anything unless you notify the right people.Call the DLNR Enforcement Hotline 643-DLNR
The DLNR has been called. They waited for the hunters in the White Toyota truck to come out but hunters never came out. DLNR waited for a few hours the DLNR left at 8:30 P.M., then the hunters left.
DLNR was called again, a few weeks ago because a neighbor was alarmed about 5 men in the back of her home which is next to mine. Hunters were approached by the DLNR & haven't been seen since.
There also have been arrows found in our yard, witnesses of a pig being shot with an arrow, a pig that was gutted in a neighbor's garage which we were shocked had been happening in our neighborhood. When the DLNR was told, they said we should have called them to report it and took pictures because if we did, the hunters could either be fined or their gear and cars be confiscated.

Thanks for your concern. If someone knows who these guys are please remind them that they are hunting illegally.
Thanks Again~ pig

stopoulchers
Piglet
Piglet

Back to top Go down

Post  alikaf Sun Dec 27, 2009 7:25 am

r u from oahu? or off island...
alikaf
alikaf
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  Turkey Joe Mon Dec 28, 2009 1:24 am

Not a big deal, but the word is spelled POACHERS.
Turkey Joe
Turkey Joe
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Illegal Hunting in My Neighborhood! Empty RE: alikaf

Post  stopoulchers Mon Dec 28, 2009 7:14 am

in oahu but we visit kauai

stopoulchers
Piglet
Piglet

Back to top Go down

Illegal Hunting in My Neighborhood! Empty Poachers

Post  MAUKAKANE1 Tue Dec 29, 2009 8:50 am

Help out the DLNR or local law enforcement dept. If they need pictures etc, start hunting these poachers by monitoring game trails with hidden infra-red cams like hunters do to pattern game. What about vehicle plates.
I get the sense that you are completely helpless in this situation. Why?
I can understand that you feel uneasy in your own home and want to do something to change that. I myself get a vibe from your letters that doesn't sit well with me. Many things can be said between the lines.

This is HAWAII SPORTSMAN not HAWAII POACHERS.

MAUKAKANE1
MAUKAKANE1
MAUKAKANE1
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  HYPA Wed Dec 30, 2009 2:34 am

"a pig that was gutted in a neighbor's garage"

Is this really true? how did this happen without them knowing? If so then these guys deserve whatever happens.
HYPA
HYPA
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Illegal Hunting in My Neighborhood! Empty RE: Garage

Post  stopoulchers Thu Dec 31, 2009 6:15 am

HYPA wrote:"a pig that was gutted in a neighbor's garage"

Is this really true? how did this happen without them knowing? If so then these guys deserve whatever happens.

Hey there. Just wanted to post a reply about the garage incident. The neighbors knew the pig was being gutted because they were friends of the neighbors(garage owners). I believe that the hunters went thru the neighbors property. Granted, when you catch a pig, more than likely your going to need to gut the pig, but I believe that it should have done so no one would be able to see. Not in the garage, where everyone is able to see. Thanks for your reply!

stopoulchers
Piglet
Piglet

Back to top Go down

Post  stopoulchers Thu Dec 31, 2009 6:21 am

MAUKAKANE1 wrote:Help out the DLNR or local law enforcement dept. If they need pictures etc, start hunting these poachers by monitoring game trails with hidden infra-red cams like hunters do to pattern game. What about vehicle plates.
I get the sense that you are completely helpless in this situation. Why?
I can understand that you feel uneasy in your own home and want to do something to change that. I myself get a vibe from your letters that doesn't sit well with me. Many things can be said between the lines.

This is HAWAII SPORTSMAN not HAWAII POACHERS.

MAUKAKANE1

Hello. I already spoke to the authorities/ DLNR about the vehicle plates. As of now we are checking with DLNR to make sure that they are legal hunters... Not exactly helpless in my situation but all ur feedback helps a lot. We are just waiting for DLNR to reply back to us as well as Bishop Estate.

stopoulchers
Piglet
Piglet

Back to top Go down

Post  evan Fri Jan 08, 2010 9:00 pm

"Like when I go to KAUAI and hunt in KALALAU Valley with my 70+ year uncle Willie... with 2 dogs."

Just so you know, hunting anywhere down the Na Pali with anything but archery gear would qualify you as a poacher
evan
evan
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  Kauai808 Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:42 pm

evbouret wrote:"Like when I go to KAUAI and hunt in KALALAU Valley with my 70+ year uncle Willie... with 2 dogs."

Just so you know, hunting anywhere down the Na Pali with anything but archery gear would qualify you as a poacher

pwn!
Kauai808
Kauai808
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Illegal Hunting in My Neighborhood! Empty Well..

Post  Daniel_Peterson Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:48 pm

evbouret wrote:"Like when I go to KAUAI and hunt in KALALAU Valley with my 70+ year uncle Willie... with 2 dogs."

...well this was an interesting turn of events!
Daniel_Peterson
Daniel_Peterson
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  evan Sat Jan 09, 2010 12:02 am

im not claiming to be a saint either
evan
evan
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  Daniel_Peterson Sat Jan 09, 2010 2:14 am

evbouret wrote:im not claiming to be a saint either
Ditto
Daniel_Peterson
Daniel_Peterson
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  HYPA Sat Jan 09, 2010 2:23 am

unfortunaly if the neighbor was ok with them cleaning the animal in their garage ,then there really isnt much you can do about that beside not watching it. Not trying to be rude but i know how nosey neighbors can be. If it something you cant handle the sight of..... just dont watch it.

But if they are doing it without permission then you need to call the board of health, But to clear things up we hunters usually bring our game home and clean it, its alot cleaner than in the mountain. Granted most hunters GUT their catch in the mountain...but are you sure they were gutiing it..or deboneing it? there is a difference.

hope you find the information you need.
HYPA
HYPA
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Illegal Hunting in My Neighborhood! Empty Re: Garage

Post  Misadventure Gear Sat Jan 09, 2010 8:02 pm

Hypa is right. If those guys had permission to use that garage to process the meat then you have no right to complain about it. If you don't want to see it, go back inside your house. But appreciate that they are taking the time to reduce that animal to family sized portions and are gonna make use of the meat. Wild game is some of the most healthy meat a person can eat, and the true evil is killing a critter and not making use of the bounty to feed your family. My neighbor gives stink eye everytime she sees a critter hanging in my garage, but she didn't refuse the nice hindquarter, all deboned and trimmed, and packaged like an MRE--Meat Ready to Eat. Laughing
Misadventure Gear
Misadventure Gear
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

http://www.misadventuregear.com

Back to top Go down

Illegal Hunting in My Neighborhood! Empty Garage & meat processing

Post  AK Andy Sat Jan 09, 2010 10:04 pm

If I were to make a comment it would be what both Hypa and Mauirhino said, same feelings from up here in remote AK on my home island.
Aloha,
AK Andy
AK Andy
AK Andy
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  kalama Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:57 am

yep,i say your house your biz...i would be one liar if i said i never hunted on non-hunting land(poach),but we all know that were da-monstas stay,i can see the point someone using one weapon or the hunting dogs buy your hale,or finding arrows in your yard,our the real bad press of hunting dogs killing pets,all i can say bradas you going hunt that kine area go deep stay out of the publics eye,respect the the community,go ninja hunta,an community try an respect the huntaz alot of us is not there to cause you grief..we just feed our ohana in a different way,putting clean meat on the table...if you see one jack a$$ hunta ,an we all know get some out there,report-um call who ever you gota call,do it real huntas would back you up,,but if get the hunta they ask permission to cross your yard an respects the hale's around,they nobada nobody jus do his our her own thing ,bra cut-um some slack.....an huntaz be aware get some jack-a$$ community people out there,they think they own everything,there form of family fun is watching leave it to beaver,,they thinking we breaking the ten commandments,,,jus stay away from these peps,they make ha-ka-ka an we all look bad in the communities eyes....gota make us look good or they going take or tradition an right to gather...ALOHA

this is jus my point of view,,,P.S i know what some of you are thinking this guy talks respect but he hunts an is saying let hunters hunt on private land ,let me say this to you,you one single land owner ,who owns acres i ask you to hunt you say no then no is no,i respect you,,but to me being one native hawaiian i look at corporate land owners differently(bishop estate,damen,dole,ect)they own most of the land ,they use almost none of it,as a native natural resource,an hinders my native rite to gather pork or plants...
kalama
kalama
small kine choppers
small kine choppers

Back to top Go down

Post  poidogs Sun Apr 03, 2011 10:58 pm

If people are trespassing on your property then that is a problem. Personally I'd leave a note on their car or go talk to them myself. Guess that's just the Hawaiian way. I'm not going to call the DLNR or cops and get the authorities involved. I can handle it myself.

About you complaining about them gutting the animal in the garage? Grow a sac bro and mind your own business.

Sounds like you aren't even from here, and if you are, it's a shame you haven't grown up learning how to handle stuff.

poidogs
Piglet
Piglet

Back to top Go down

Post  Nic Barca Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:29 am

evan wrote:"Like when I go to KAUAI and hunt in KALALAU Valley with my 70+ year uncle Willie... with 2 dogs."

Hahahahahaahahahahahaha! What you chasing, GOATS?
Nic Barca
Nic Barca
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

http://www.huntfishhawaii.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum