Hawaii Sportsman
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kauai Hunting

2 posters

Go down

Kauai Hunting Empty Kauai Hunting

Post  skipjack Thu Mar 25, 2010 12:15 am

My name is Harry Im from Washington a friend of mine went archery hunting in kauai a few years ago for goats, and pigs, we are looking into going this July. Looking at the rules and regs he seems to think things have changed from when he went. The area he hunted appears to only be open on sat and sun now and I think we can only go for about a week. What am I missing? we are both avid bow hunters and were counting on doing some hunting while keeping the family happy on a vacation. Thanks for you help.

skipjack
Piglet
Piglet

Back to top Go down

Kauai Hunting Empty Re: Kauai Hunting

Post  Nic Barca Thu Mar 25, 2010 5:27 am

It would help if he knew what area. As far as I know, the only archery area on Kauai that is open on weekdays in Na'pali coast, Unit G and I never heard about any rule changes. Other archery areas are units F in the lower canyon, K in the canyon + kalalau valley rim, and Units J & D near koke'e state park. All of those, to the best of my recollection have been weekends only to this day. F and K are open in mid-july and your other option is Na'pali coast state park (unit G).

Seems some of archery Units have been openned for deer as early as July in recent years.
Nic Barca
Nic Barca
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

http://www.huntfishhawaii.com

Back to top Go down