Hawaii Sportsman
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Attendance at Hunter Education was Overflow capcity

2 posters

Go down

Attendance at Hunter Education was Overflow capcity Empty Attendance at Hunter Education was Overflow capcity

Post  haleiwabow Mon Jul 19, 2010 11:38 pm

Howzit Everyone,

My son, brother and I attended the Hunter Education course this last Friday and Saturday. The classroom is setup for 45 and we had 72.
Some guys were willing to sit on the bottom of empty buckets for two days of class since they ran out of chairs.

I was really impressed with the instructors, they were all enthusiastic seasoned hunters and all but one were volunteer instructors. I would recomend this course to anyone interested. Great topics covering conservation, spiecies identification, hunter safety, weapons saftey, hunting laws, hunter image to the public.

We will get out certificates in two weeks and then be able to purchase the hunting license. Each step we are getting closer to actually hunting. Can't wait to get out there and learn.

Aloha,
Ken

Last edited by haleiwabow on Mon Jul 19, 2010 11:44 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Edit)

haleiwabow
Piglet
Piglet

Back to top Go down

Attendance at Hunter Education was Overflow capcity Empty Re: Attendance at Hunter Education was Overflow capcity

Post  Ikestr Tue Jul 20, 2010 6:21 am

Right on Ken- go get em.

The class would be good for recurrent training too. It's been about 5yrs since I took it, so it might be a good refresher. Especially when there are different instructors with different teaching styles and knowledge.

One thing I wish they would cover more in depth are the rules and regs of gun ownership. Maybe it's covered in the other class (I think there's another class for guns).

Cheers, ike
Ikestr
Ikestr
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Attendance at Hunter Education was Overflow capcity Empty Re: Attendance at Hunter Education was Overflow capcity

Post  haleiwabow Tue Jul 20, 2010 10:00 am

Ike,

The did cover the gun laws pretty well had several different guns and bows to demonstate with, the only ambiguous thing was about clip size. I have to look at it more and read the laws. Was there a question you had, I am going to do some research?

Aloha,
Ken

haleiwabow
Piglet
Piglet

Back to top Go down

Post  Ikestr Tue Jul 20, 2010 4:47 pm

Naw, the gun law thing was what I remember as an impression I had when we finished the class.

Were you able to narrow down your bow selection?

So long, Ike
Ikestr
Ikestr
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  haleiwabow Tue Jul 20, 2010 11:44 pm

Hey Ike,

The class gave us a ton of information in the packet. I need to review it when I get a chance.

No progress on the bow selection been tied up with family stuff. Still thinking of buying the bow locally so I can get the support and warranty repairs without shipping it back and forth. Got any ideas?

Aloha,
Ken

haleiwabow
Piglet
Piglet

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down