Hawaii Sportsman
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Aerial Eradication Mauna Kea

3 posters

Go down

Aerial Eradication Mauna Kea Empty Aerial Eradication Mauna Kea

Post  sneakboxer Tue Jan 27, 2009 5:18 am

What is your take on this practice?

I finialy made it up there yesterday and had a good hunt. I did not pull the trigger but i saw game and put a few stalks on. This spot and stalk is all new to me and quite a good time. How will the aerial shoot affect the sheep and pigs on MK? I understand that there will be 200-300 less critters but is it a waste of time hunting up there for a few weeks? Do the sheep change there habits or locations after a shoot like this? I think that i will try to make a evening hunt tomorrow incase they shoot them all. Laughing

Thanks to the members that PMed me on the good locations to start, they helped a bunch.
Greg

sneakboxer
Piglet
Piglet

Back to top Go down

Aerial Eradication Mauna Kea Empty Re: Aerial Eradication Mauna Kea

Post  Nic Barca Sun Feb 01, 2009 4:15 pm

Though I understand the reasons why they conduct the culling, I'm not very familiar with what's happening or with the area. From what I've heard, there is still plenty of game- not as much as before, but enough to ensure successful sheep hunts for those who put in the effort. It would be my hope that they would be somewhat selective and not shoot trophy rams that they come across. I also hear that they are now recovering the carcasses which would increase the costs of the opperation considerably. In controversial management actions such as this, good PR is priceless.
Nic Barca
Nic Barca
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

http://www.huntfishhawaii.com

Back to top Go down

Aerial Eradication Mauna Kea Empty Nic Barka

Post  AK Andy Tue Feb 03, 2009 7:54 am

Nic Barka,
I would like to talk with you via e-mail.
I have sent you several e-mails in the past 2 years, but the old addresses I had for you did not work. Tried an old boar huntaz chat room/ message board too with no luck. Have wanted to chat with you for a long time now, an avid outdoorsman.
I am Eric Sawchuks buddy in Alaska. I am at a loss for words after just finding out the news of our loss of such a great guy. I am truly beside myself with grief at the moment-but finding solace in the fact that Eric was doing something he loved. I'm Looking for a way to get in contact with Turkey Joe too, if you know him or how I can contact him?
Can you please drop me an e-mail to my address with your current e-mail address.
Sincerely,
Andy McLaughlin-
mclaughlinandy@yahoo.com
AK Andy
AK Andy
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Aerial Eradication Mauna Kea Empty Re: Aerial Eradication Mauna Kea

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down