Hawaii Sportsman
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hunters- Very Important

5 posters

Go down

Hunters- Very Important Empty Hunters- Very Important

Post  Deleted account Sun Jan 29, 2012 7:25 pm

If you are a hunter or support hunting, you need to let your voice be heard. The humane society & animal rights groups are trying to ban dog hunting in Hawaii statewide due to a video that surfaced online of a couple of young boys who let their dogs attack a pig in a small confined space. Admittedly, the actions of these boys were cruel. But their actions do not represent the entire hunting community. Opponents of hunting are trying to use this video as propaganda to say that this is how all "hunters" train & mistreat their animals. If these people get their way, legislation will eventually be passed to over restrict or ban hunting all together. Protest this legislation by voicing your support for hunting on all Hawaii News websites & facebook pages. Contact your local politicians & let them know your concerns. Please be respectful & educated when you speak or don't speak at all. Mahalo & God bless!

Deleted account
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Hunters- Very Important Empty Re: Hunters- Very Important

Post  CAVE CANEM Sun Jan 29, 2012 10:03 pm

Howzit Shane, Congrats on placing this past tourney! PM me the scoops! Is the bill already written or they talking bout trying to get something written? Depending on where they coming from we gotta make different calls! Shoots! LMK!
CAVE CANEM
CAVE CANEM
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Hunters- Very Important Empty Video, another tool for knowledge or ignorance

Post  MAUKAKANE1 Mon Jan 30, 2012 3:06 am

Basically some young hunters gave society the bullet in which to kill us.
Yah yah I know, some of us are gonna say " de not true huntahs". A true hunta doesnt... Blah blah blah. A real hunta not goin.... Blah blah blah. Whatever the case may be, the fact of the matter is that they dont care. There is no differentiation among hunters as far as they're concerned.
A video is there in the face of the public all the time. No amount of words can disprove what the public sees with their own two eyes in living color. This brings me to the subject of that bullet those boys willingly gave to their own murderer.
Have you ever seen a bull riding rodeo in Mexico or in some third world country?
Now have you ever seen a P.B.R event? The exact same thing is going on in both arenas. Whats the difference? On one hand you have the general public screaming " cruelty!!" " barbaric" " absolutely unecessary even if it is a tradition!" and on the other hand you have bull riders who are "heroes" "truly brave and courageous" even becoming American Icons.
The P in P.B.R says it all. Professional.
This is just a reminder that videos should be tactfully done by hunters. We are telling a story for all to see. Really look at the story your'e trying to tell. Can it adversley affect the very thing you love? Yes we have freedom to show whatever it is we want but is that 5 min clip of adrenalin soaked ego stroking worth losing it all over? Some might say " I wanna show things as it really is" which is fine as long as we are professional about it. Look up hog hunting videos from Hawaii, see how many times somebody in that clip screams, yells, or swears profanities like theres no tomorrow. Whats the deal? Professional?
Many younger hunters are beginning to believe that wild boar hunting is a time to go buckaloose, that removing your personal governor is normal and the way to go. "Everybody else does it so it must be right". In effect videos plays a big part in our hunting culture but we should hold ourselves more accountable of what we choose to show. Be proud of your hunt, without shoving it down peoples throat. Show your love and excitment of the hunt, without swearing like a drunken sailor. Show your skills in making surgically quick precision kills be it gun or blade. Professional. My point is we can look like a bunch of chaotic,unskilled bloodthirsty, adrenalin junkies or the upright professional outdoorsmen our anscestors raised us to be.

Aloha
MAUKAKANE1
Onipa'a a ku ha'aheo
MAUKAKANE1
MAUKAKANE1
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  **BRADDAH TOMZ** Mon Jan 30, 2012 6:38 am

I HOPE ALL DA HUNTERS SHOW UP OR SPEAK UP..STAY IN DA LINES CUZ ANYTHING WE DO THEY FAST FOR POINT DA "FINGAH"...JUS WOULD LIKE TO GIVE A SHOUT OUT TO UNCLE OLLIE LUNASCO CUZ HE'S ALWAYS THERE TO BACK UP DA HUNTAZ....JUS IMAGINE AS MUCH HUNTAZ ENTER TOURNAMENT COME DOWN OR CALL... OUR VOICES WOULD BE HEARD......LET US HUNTAZ STAY UNITED AND NEVA DIVIDED...
**BRADDAH TOMZ**
**BRADDAH TOMZ**
**BRADDAH TOMZ**
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  CAVE CANEM Mon Jan 30, 2012 7:46 pm

I did some diggin and the story is only a few days old, I believe the only paperwork that has been filed at this time is misdemeanor cruelty charges against the 20 yr old involved! It's still at the "circulate in hopes of a reaction level" & the Humane Society is throwing their threats of banning hunting with dogs statewide around once again in hopes of gaining support. Definately a big mahalo to Ollie Lunasco for once again representing our community!
CAVE CANEM
CAVE CANEM
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  hayn/auzzi Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:04 pm

I'm sure everybody's got an opinion. To me, I know these pigs are dying ruff deaths! I'm ok with that. What animal hunted for food ever died peacefully? Is it better for an animal to get their head sawed off at a slaughter house? My kids myself and my dogs eat what i catch! Thats how i get by sometimes! Yeah there's hunting with guns but i don't have a gun. Aren't they trying to take away the right to bare arms too? What would happen then? Bottom line is when they come up with this kind of bullshit bills, we have to let our voices be heard! Jus like tom said. If as many people that show up at the hunting tournament would do something about this, we definitely stand a chance! The things that fuck up our chances is when people let their dogs attack other peoples animals! When dogs stretch out someones pet pig, someones pony, someones horse, someones sheep in Waiahole valley, someones cow, a hikers dog! You all know you heard of these situations over the years. And thats a damn good reason to shut us down! I don't think one hunter is responsible for all that! So what that tells me is there's a lot of irresponsible hunters who don't have control of their dogs out there! Who train they're dogs to attack and nothing else! And i bet they're the hunters who are not going to say or do anything when it comes to trying to save our sport, our lively hood, or whatever it may be to you! Looking at all that I don't think everyone should have the right to hunt. It should be illegal for people who cannot respect the sport! People who abuse their privileges should have them taken away!

hayn/auzzi
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down