Hawaii Sportsman
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ATTENTION HUNTERS: SUPPORT BAN ON ANIMAL AERIAL ERADICATION!

4 posters

Go down

ATTENTION HUNTERS: SUPPORT BAN ON ANIMAL AERIAL ERADICATION! Empty ATTENTION HUNTERS: SUPPORT BAN ON ANIMAL AERIAL ERADICATION!

Post  KVB Thu May 31, 2012 5:43 am

This is part of a letter that I received today. I'm not sure if the attachments will appear in this posting. If it does not appear here and you would like to receive the proposed bill please PM your name and email address and I will send you the attachments (proposed bill) for you to see.

VBK

Subject: FYI: Animal Aerial Eradication

If you are against the inhumane killing of animals by Aerial Shooting (Helicopter) support this Bill that goes before the County of Hawaii Council on June 6th.
Contact your County Council Representative ASAP & tell them to support this Bill! County Council meets June 6th @ 8:00am. Testify in Hilo, Kona, Waimea, or the Puna County Offices via video conferencing or submit e-mail testimony to County Council Chairman Dominic Yagong. Email: dyagong@co.hawaii.hi.us

Outer island Ohana & fellow sportsmen on the mainland U.S. Please send email to support this Bill. Help us to preserve our hunting heritage & traditions. Stop the cruel slaughter and waste of our game animals.

Thank you for your support!

[img][/img]

KVB
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

ATTENTION HUNTERS: SUPPORT BAN ON ANIMAL AERIAL ERADICATION! Empty Right on

Post  hunters6262 Thu May 31, 2012 9:56 am

Thanks my Braddah for posting . Last night we went to Kona for this ban on Aerail shooting on the big island . Folks all islands will follow this one way or another once we pass this here. Tonight I was in my home town of hilo speaking again on this topic with county council members n hunting community. Since January we have been protesting n having hearings n meeting with people to educate the public and hunters and we all have common ground on all islands ( why are you taking our lands and fencing and eradicating our animals without just cause) and now the law suit in the works . Believe me it's got there attention and they listening ,we not going away . With the PELE DEFENSE FUND in charge government knows this Organization is very good at winning in court n bringing out the harm to our cultural, traditional n religious beliefs that are tied into our aina and animals. Hawaii we need your support, pass it on n give testimony in person or email . County council needs Hawaii support to pass this law n tell all goverment Agency this is law ,respect n do the will of the people. June 6th the hearing at 8:00 am will start in hilo county council building. Outer islands n people on the big island that cannot make it to the hearing send your testimony by email so you are heard. The old saying close mouth don't get fed. Thank you for support for our future.
Joe

hunters6262
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

ATTENTION HUNTERS: SUPPORT BAN ON ANIMAL AERIAL ERADICATION! Empty Re: ATTENTION HUNTERS: SUPPORT BAN ON ANIMAL AERIAL ERADICATION!

Post  KVB Mon Jun 04, 2012 5:58 pm

Reposting info for submitting email testimony supporting ban of aerial animal eradication. I live on O'ahu but am in support of banning aerial animal eradication on the Big Island and throughout our state and will be sending my email testimony today. I hope others will do so as well. Please take a few minutes of your time to write and send your testimony in support of banning aerial animal eradication.

Email your written testimony to:

County Council Chairman Dominic Yagong

Email: dyagong@co.hawaii.hi.us

KVB
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

ATTENTION HUNTERS: SUPPORT BAN ON ANIMAL AERIAL ERADICATION! Empty Re: ATTENTION HUNTERS: SUPPORT BAN ON ANIMAL AERIAL ERADICATION!

Post  Nic Barca Mon Jun 04, 2012 7:17 pm

I can see this bill getting passed.

Gonna be guys fighting hard to keep the aerial "culling" legal. They believe it's an important tool for managing the low sheep numbers on Mauna kea to allow Mamane to recover and the only tool that can remove all sheep in the future, after a fence is built around the entire base of Mauna Kea. They How will they continue the court-ordered eradication of sheep on Mauna kea without aerial shooting? Maybe they would be forced to reform and rethink the Palila strategy. Or maybe they would make an exception for Mauna kea. Maybe the habitat has already recovered and is resilient enough to handle game numbers kept in check by an agressive public hunting program with remote camping shelters. Who knows... These will be questions that need answering if they consider banning aerial shooting.
Nic Barca
Nic Barca
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

http://www.huntfishhawaii.com

Back to top Go down

ATTENTION HUNTERS: SUPPORT BAN ON ANIMAL AERIAL ERADICATION! Empty One day left

Post  hunters6262 Tue Jun 05, 2012 10:20 am

Folks if u cannot make it person send email to dyagong@co.hawaii.hi.us. We need support

hunters6262
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  KVB Tue Jun 05, 2012 6:00 pm

Aloha braddah Joe, I was wondering if Council Chair Dominic Yagong's email address has a [.] at the end of [us] as in: dyagong@co.hawaii.hi.us. ---or if it doesn't. I sent my testimony to the email address without a [.] at the end of [us]. I hope it got through to him.

benny

KVB
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

ATTENTION HUNTERS: SUPPORT BAN ON ANIMAL AERIAL ERADICATION! Empty No . After us

Post  hunters6262 Tue Jun 05, 2012 10:33 pm

Benny there is no . after us, I called Dominic Yagong to make sure n he told me get some email coming in .
Joe

hunters6262
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  KVB Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:36 am

Right on. Good to hear that folks are sending in their testimony via email. Thanks for calling me today. I checked my email and got this:

http://www.bigislandvideonews.com/2012/06/05/video-hunters-speak-out-against-plan-to-fence-kau-forest/

Mahalo nui.
b.

KVB
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

ATTENTION HUNTERS: SUPPORT BAN ON ANIMAL AERIAL ERADICATION! Empty bill 260 & 261

Post  steady n' ready Wed Jun 06, 2012 7:28 am

got to attend a last minute meeting in honokaa, big island tonight on the game management and aerial eradication, before the council meeting tomorrow! was good to see the people who attended and supported! we all need to be in this together!
steady n' ready
steady n' ready
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

ATTENTION HUNTERS: SUPPORT BAN ON ANIMAL AERIAL ERADICATION! Empty testimony

Post  steady n' ready Wed Jun 06, 2012 7:31 am

if fellow hunters wanna send in a testimony before tomorrows meeting, you can send a email to [u]counciltestimony@co.hawaii.hi.us
steady n' ready
steady n' ready
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  KVB Thu Jun 07, 2012 6:11 am

Received good news today. The Hawai'i County Council passed Bill 260 and Bill 261.

KVB
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down