Hawaii Sportsman
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THIS IS WHY YOU HAVE TO VOTE!!!

+3
KVB
hunters6262
BUBBA'S HOG DOG'Z SUPPLY
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

THIS IS WHY YOU HAVE TO VOTE!!! Empty THIS IS WHY YOU HAVE TO VOTE!!!

Post  BUBBA'S HOG DOG'Z SUPPLY Mon Aug 20, 2012 3:47 pm

Aloha,
If anyone thinks they are not affected by what is about to happen, you are wrong (private land owners pay attention to this).
This is the single most atrocious crime against Hawaii and people since the illegal overthrow.
This ʻActʻ needs to be REPEALED.
Here are a few excerpts (from attachment):
The PLDC is authorized to:
·          
develop and implement public lands projects and facilities to create revenue-generating centers or where, through detailed analysis, opportunities exist to exploit potential local, national, and international markets.
Exemption from Lawful Development Requirements
PLDC projects shall be exempt from all statutes, ordinances, charter provisions, and rules of any government agency relating to land use, zoning, and construction standards for subdivisions, development, and improvement of land; the construction, improvement, and sale of homes thereon; and special improvement district assessments or requirements
PLDC Powers.
Acquire or contract to acquire:
all privately owned real property or any interest therein and improvements thereon determined by the PLDC to be necessary or appropriate for its purposes, including real property … in excess of that needed for such use … where other justifiable cause necessitates acquisition for the contemplated improvements
Recommend to the DLNR board the “purchase of any privately owned properties that may be appropriate for development”

Exemption from Taxation
The PLDC shall not be required to pay state taxes of any kind.

And if this isnʻt bad enough, private property owners will need to pay for infrastructure costs if they live near one of these ʻimprovementsʻ because it is for the ʻpublic goodʻ. PLDC foreign corporations will merely plan, build, and profit.

The PUBLIC lands they refer to are: Ceded Lands/ (Kingdom lands, title to which was NEVER relinquished)

BUBBA'S HOG DOG'Z SUPPLY
BUBBA'S HOG DOG'Z SUPPLY
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

http://hawaiiboarhunters.ning.com/

Back to top Go down

THIS IS WHY YOU HAVE TO VOTE!!! Empty Re: THIS IS WHY YOU HAVE TO VOTE!!!

Post  BUBBA'S HOG DOG'Z SUPPLY Mon Aug 20, 2012 3:54 pm

Aloha, in 2011 the legislature passed Act 55 Public Land Development Corporation (PLDC), sponsored by Senator Donovan Dela Cruz, and signed into law by Governor Abercrombie. 

Act 55 establishes the PLDC as a State development corporation attached to the Department of Land and Natural Resources (DLNR) to develop public lands placed under the PLDC jurisdiction, including but not limited to existing open shoreline areas, conservation lands, agricultural lands, and small boat harbors, for commercial purposes to generate revenue for the State.

PLDC is a vehicle and process “to make optimal economic, environmental, and social use of public land,” including public recreation and visitor holiday destinations, through an “appropriate[1] and culturally-sensitive[2]” public land development program.
PLDC has a lot of power over our public lands so please get involved. Act 55 and summary are attached. 
Public hearings on PLDC DRAFT Administrative Rules, attached, will be from 6 to 8 pm at:
HILO: Monday 8/20 at Waiakea High School Cafeteria, 155 West Kawili St. 

KONA: Tuesday 8/21 at Konawaena High School Cafeteria, 81-1043 Konawaena School Rd., Keakakekua

MAUI: Friday 8/24 at Maui Waena Intermediate School Cafeteria, 795 Onehe`e St., Kahului

MOLOKA`I: Monday 8/27 at Mitchell Pau`ole Community Center, 90 Ainoa St. 

O`AHU: Wednesday 8/29 DLNR Kalanimoku Building, Land Board Conference Room 132, 1151 Punchbowl St.

KAUA`I: Friday 8/31at Elsie Wilcox Elementary School, 4319 Hardy St., Lihu`e.

Donna Wong
Executive Director
Hawaii's Thousand Friends
Phone/fax: 808-262-0682
www.hawaiis1000friends.org

If the people lead, the leaders will follow. -- Mahatma Gandhi
BUBBA'S HOG DOG'Z SUPPLY
BUBBA'S HOG DOG'Z SUPPLY
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

THIS IS WHY YOU HAVE TO VOTE!!! Empty Thank you Braddah sheldz

Post  hunters6262 Mon Aug 20, 2012 4:43 pm

Thank you for posting , cannot tell you how much I appreciate you and others who are ALL IN . Folks if you ever wonder why we doing a STATEWIDE HUNTING / GATHERS LAW SUIT , read this post .
Joe

hunters6262
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  KVB Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:53 pm

Mahalo nui, Sheldz and Joe for sharing this and for the emails last night. This is major hewa, not PONO stuff.
I gotta get up to speed on this issue because it doesn't sound good at all.

The hearing on O'ahu will be on Wednesday, August 29, 2012 between 6 and 8 pm.

I hope that other hunters will attend the hearings here and on the Big Island, Maui, Molokai and Kaua'i.

I'll try to contact Donna Wong and get "talking points" to help prepare testimonies.

b.

http://hawaiis1000friends.org/home/

KVB
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  Misadventure Gear Mon Aug 20, 2012 6:56 pm

The little I had heard about this has me worried also. I was already planning to attend the Maui meeting. Thanks for posting this up for everyone to see.
Misadventure Gear
Misadventure Gear
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

http://www.misadventuregear.com

Back to top Go down

Post  CAVE CANEM Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:44 pm

I going check out the Kona meeting, Thanks for posting this up!
CAVE CANEM
CAVE CANEM
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  BUBBA'S HOG DOG'Z SUPPLY Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:02 am

Joe, Benny, Isaac, Misadventure your welcome. I hope people can really see now what you were talking about Joe and why it's so important to help and support the PELE DEFENSE FUND!
BUBBA'S HOG DOG'Z SUPPLY
BUBBA'S HOG DOG'Z SUPPLY
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  KVB Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:14 am

rajah dat, Sheldz. Update regarding talking points. I talked with Donna Wong (Hawai'i Thousand Friends) this afternoon. She said she was putting some "talking points" together and would be emailing them to me. Its a little after 9 pm now, and I haven't gotten them yet. Not sure why. She may have gotten sidetracked at her office or something. She reminded me that a hearing was going on on the Big Island tonight and by now, its probably over. I had asked her if she could list specific things to be concerned with on each of the islands, and it may be what's taking so long. Anywayz, I hope we get something. Otherwise, we just gotta show up anyway and voice our concerns. She told me that these guys want to grab more and more land and was happy to know that hunters are interested in the issue. Sheldz is right about what Joe has been saying all along.

b.

KVB
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

THIS IS WHY YOU HAVE TO VOTE!!! Empty Hilo meeting

Post  CAVE CANEM Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:32 am

CAVE CANEM
CAVE CANEM
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  KVB Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:22 am

thanx 4 sharing article, jusacruzah. right on, big island!!!

KVB
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

THIS IS WHY YOU HAVE TO VOTE!!! Empty Hilo meeting

Post  hunters6262 Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:23 pm

I wasn't at the hilo meeting because I am working in Honolulu during the week , but I heard had over 100 plus people there last night and everybody was asking them why n what they doing n they wouldn't answer much . But I didn't get all the question's asked and really what happened . Folks they coming hard to take everything and take more . On this issue earth justice and Sierra Club on our side (which for this issue I am glad they are because we need help) people out there thinks this land grabs and this desecration of Hawaiian culture , tradition n religious beliefs are not in jeopardy read and attend these schedule meeting on this PLDC , and think again . Hawaii in trouble . A lot of you guys don't think the PELE DEFENSE FUND STATEWIDE HUNTING LAW SUIT is a good thing or will work you better think again . I cannot guarantee we will win but because PELE DEFENSE FUND is on them sh**t is being checked ,question n not going to be left to chance for administrative wishing , no PELE DEFENSE FUND is going to do our best for Hawaii n our future .

hunters6262
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

THIS IS WHY YOU HAVE TO VOTE!!! Empty PELE DEFENSE FUND

Post  BRIAN AKINA Tue Aug 21, 2012 4:15 pm

IF U DOWN MY SIDE.CALL ME
I OUR LIL' DONATION FROM US....DA OAHU OHANA >>>FROM OUR TOURNAMENT.....FOR THE PELE DEFENSE FUND.
EVERY1 THAT ENTERED DONATED TO HELP THE CAUSE.
THANKX FO ALL WHO HELP IN THE STRUGGLE FOR NOW N FUTURE GENERATIONS
BRIAN AKINA
BRIAN AKINA
BRIAN AKINA
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

THIS IS WHY YOU HAVE TO VOTE!!! Empty One more thing

Post  hunters6262 Tue Aug 21, 2012 4:38 pm

U people on the fence when it comes to the STATEWIDE HUNTING LAW SUIT I keep hearing oh it only pertains to Hawaiian 's n no other race . The only way to win this law suit n bring it into court is through the violations to article 12 sec 7 of the state of Hawaii constitution n federal laws protecting Hawaiian cultural,traditional and religious beliefs granted to Hawaiian 's . So ask yourself this questions who the f** ck cares how it's won because once we puka the fence n change laws n re assess land's n fence it correctly n put game back in there n have game management in place to protect our lifestyle ,culture n religious beliefs we all win . So whoever u are bitching n moaning get off your ass n help n be part of the solution n not a stumbling block or put doubt if can or no can n only Hawaiian 's going to benefit ,BS we all benefit . So quit the cry baby bs
Joe

hunters6262
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  BUBBA'S HOG DOG'Z SUPPLY Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:34 pm

hunters6262 wrote:I wasn't at the hilo meeting because I am working in Honolulu during the week , but I heard had over 100 plus people there last night and everybody was asking them why n what they doing n they wouldn't answer much . But I didn't get all the question's asked and really what happened . Folks they coming hard to take everything and take more . On this issue earth justice and Sierra Club on our side (which for this issue I am glad they are because we need help) people out there thinks this land grabs and this desecration of Hawaiian culture , tradition n religious beliefs are not in jeopardy read and attend these schedule meeting on this PLDC , and think again . Hawaii in trouble . A lot of you guys don't think the PELE DEFENSE FUND STATEWIDE HUNTING LAW SUIT is a good thing or will work you better think again . I cannot guarantee we will win but because PELE DEFENSE FUND is on them sh**t is being checked ,question n not going to be left to chance for administrative wishing , no PELE DEFENSE FUND is going to do our best for Hawaii n our future .

Joe Everyone finally realizing how serious this land grabbing Bill is becoming and no one's property or land public or private is safe from this Bill!
BUBBA'S HOG DOG'Z SUPPLY
BUBBA'S HOG DOG'Z SUPPLY
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

THIS IS WHY YOU HAVE TO VOTE!!! Empty Hilo Meeting

Post  Hase Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:47 pm

Aloha...my friend and i attended the meeting last night and where tripping out at the things that the PLDC are capable of doing! The PLDC pretty much wrote their own rules and excluded themselves and their sellected parties of following State and/or County laws. I mean even to the point that under certain sections of Act 55 excludes them and their parties from paying state taxes and pushing the cost of development to the people of Hawaii. From what I read on the internet this bill took only 3 days to become law and a gentleman that testified last night stated the samething! 3 days from the time it went to the house to the Governor signing the bill! When did you ever hear ANY federal, state or county office working that fast! So you know they up to something and they moving fast! Honokohau Harbor sold to PLDC which was stated to the people attending last nights meeting. This is not even one percent of the items discussed so please make the time and attend the meeting when its on the island you live (make sure you sign in at the meeting). Also like Joe stated Pele Defense Fund is for ALL of Hawaii not just the Big Island so please support the fight and give what you can. Pele Defense fighting for everyone not just Hawaiians so again please help. I'm pretty sure everyone like keep the culture we live alive and not have to show our great grand kids pictures of how we use to live. Above Bradda Sheld'z get the date, time and location so in a way no more excuses. Mahalo to everyone who fighting the fight to help me and my family keep our way of life.

Chad

Hase
Hase
Piglet
Piglet

Back to top Go down

Post  CAVE CANEM Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:15 am

Good turn out @ the Kona meeting, Listened to bout 2 hours and 45 minutes of oppositon! Contact your current representative and the representative you voting or voted for this election and ask them where they stand! This must be repealed!
CAVE CANEM
CAVE CANEM
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  KVB Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:35 am

right on, big island rocks!!!

update regarding getting "talking points" - haven't received anything yet. which is a bummer, because any ammo we can get our hands on

regarding this can be helpful and useful to anyone wanting to present their testimony or opposition to PLDC at any of the upcoming hearings.

if anyone has suggestions please share your thoughts and mana'o. some of us know that its bullshit but we may not know the details and what will

make a good argument.

mahalo'z,

b.

KVB
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  CAVE CANEM Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:10 pm

First and foremost THE STATE DOES NOT HAVE LEGAL TITLE TO THESE LANDS!
The PLDC exempts itself from their own rules which they haven't adopted yet?
The PLDC wishes to operate without NOONES input! No county, No public say! Actually go as far as to say it is not required for them to even do these meetings!
The land is public land and is held in trust for the future generations of Hawaii!
PLDC can decide they want your land give you a price to be paid within 30 days and if you can't pay it then remove you, Haven't figured or revealed how they plan to come up with these values. Sq footage? Frontal? "Assesments shall be done by a qualified appraiser" Who's appraiser? Theirs?
If they plan to do work near your property, You must pay for any work which has to be done on your property! Pipes, Wires, Dredging.
If they must move power poles you as the property owner must pay to bring power back to your home!
If they're exempt from all building, planning codes what's to protect the native hawaiians rights to upstream water for their farming?
The DLNR mission statement is "Enhance, protect, conserve and manage Hawaii’s unique and limited natural, cultural and historic resources held in public trust for current and future generations of visitors and the people of Hawaii nei in partnership with others from the public and private sectors."
The PLDC shall not be required to pay state taxes of any kind.
The PLDC may recommend to the DLNR board the “purchase of any privately owned properties that may be appropriate for development”
The PLDC can accept "Gifts"! Bribes?
The roads alone they make for these projects, wells and developments as we have seen all over the Hawaiian islands are a huge threat to our remaining native forest.
Voting against the legislation creating the PLDC were Representatives Awana, Belatti, Brower, Hanohano, Jordan, C. Lee, Luke, Saiki and Wooley plus Senator Ihara. Who'd you vote for?
These meetings are about their draft rules guys, Not about the existance of the PLDC! It is important everyone know this! The PLDC will say your testimony was irrelevant to the meeting and your input will be disregarded! When giving testimony last night many people stated "I oppose Chapters 301 302 and 303" and the representative from the PLDC wrote it down each time, Other then that they pick and choose what notes to take
The meeting in Kona was recorded by 1 audience member and supposedly the PLDC is audio recording the statements made!

Some of these points are my take on it, some are copied and pasted from other sites and others are points made last night!

Can't make it to these hearings? Please send your comments via written testimony to PLDC, P.O. Box 2359, Honolulu, HI 96804, prior to Sept 14 or by email to randal.y.ikeda@hawaii.gov and joy.y.kimura@hawaii.gov
CAVE CANEM
CAVE CANEM
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  KVB Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:08 pm

Mahalo, Isaac. Whew!!! That's a lot to know and remember. I received the talking points I talked about earlier. I still need to go over the material myself. It was sent in pdf form so I don't know how to re-post them here. I forwarded them to Joe and asked him to circulate them to all interested individuals.

Thanks for sharing your info and comments on PDLC.

Mahalo nui,
b.

KVB
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

THIS IS WHY YOU HAVE TO VOTE!!! Empty Video

Post  CAVE CANEM Thu Aug 23, 2012 5:46 am

CAVE CANEM
CAVE CANEM
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  KVB Thu Aug 23, 2012 1:08 pm

Mahalo for sharing the links to those videos, Jusacruzah.

I read the pdf that was sent to me earlier and after reading your earlier post
thought that you may have the sort of talking points thats needed.

I'm in opposition to PLDC. I'm not trying to sandpaper them into becoming
a smoother quasi-entity.

But thanks for posting this comment here:

These meetings are about their draft rules guys, Not about the existance of the PLDC! It is important everyone know this! The PLDC will say your testimony was irrelevant to the meeting and your input will be disregarded! When giving testimony last night many people stated "I oppose Chapters 301 302 and 303" and the representative from the PLDC wrote it down each time, Other then that they pick and choose what notes to take

I'm hoping to at least attend the hearing in Honolulu next Wednesday. I haven't figured out what to say. Other than what I think a lot of us already would like to say.... "#@CK you guys!!!" ..... but as you wrote they will say your testimony was irrelevant to the meeting....

This whole PLDC thing is actually doing what the failed AKAKA BILL was not able to do, which is to wrap its greedy little fingers around every bit of land that it can.

b.

KVB
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  CAVE CANEM Thu Aug 23, 2012 7:48 pm

Laughing Most definately say how you guys feel, Just say it in a constructive manner to avoid giving them an excuse to "close the meeting"! They've taken the land from the people and with this Corporation seek to seperate the people from the land. They seem to forget the iwi of our ancestors are the lands which we walk today, We will not be seperated EVER! Their definiton of "Person" is "As appropriate individuals, Partnerships,corporations,Associations or public or private organizations of any character other than agencies"! Having $ to handle your business makes you a person? Obama says not! Laughing

This corporation stinks of under the table dealings, backdoor trading and "Believe me it's good for us, While I line my pockets destroying your resources" kind of tactics! For them to even think of trying to pull this they gotta be desperate & hāʻole (I not talking bout their skin)!
CAVE CANEM
CAVE CANEM
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  Misadventure Gear Sat Aug 25, 2012 8:31 am

I just got in from the Maui meeting a few minutes ago. Over 80 people attended and listened to 3 hours of testimony. 100% of us who testifed were against not only the Chapters 301, 302, and 303, but also the very existance of PLDC. Thank you VBK for the talking points you emailed me. I used the 10 recommendations as the basis for my testimony. We also had a petition going around calling for the repeal of HRS 171c, which created the PLDC. Those of you who have yet to have your meetings, please be sure to start your own petitions also. One disappointed part of the meeting was that they would not answer any questions. They did state that they will answer written questions submitted to them, but they did not say when. If you want to submit your own questions or written testimony regarding the PLDC and the draft administrative rules, you can email them to Joy.Y.Kimura@Hawaii.gov
Misadventure Gear
Misadventure Gear
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

http://www.misadventuregear.com

Back to top Go down

Post  KVB Sat Aug 25, 2012 9:59 am

Mahalo for sharing the Maui update. I'm against the existence of the PLDC. It's way too slick for me. Whatever happened to this government, I don't know. The way this PLDC is set up is bad. A way to fast track projects along. Talking about their draft rules is like saying, "Okay, go ahead, rape this place, screw it over any which way you want to, but rule number one folks, "use a condom". I don't want to sound profane, but that's what it is. I say "Don't rape my mother earth, this 'aina, the ceded (misnomer, the lands were never ceded) lands held in trust for the Hawaiian people." I don't want to be seen as trying to incite anything, but if they aren't answering questions, then its not really a conversation, is it? Oh, its a hearing. I forgot. My gut feeling is that its just a way for them to say that they ran it past the public, and then they'll proceed as if no opposition ever occurred. I think folks should makes signs the way they protested Monsanto and stand outside of the room where the hearing is going on, beat on some drums, do a little shouting, get the mainstream media to come and film the chaos and have the larger population get a clue about how bad this thing really is. This is something, I'd like to see dismantled. Not reformed. Just abolished. Government these days has a bad habit of taking the little people for granted. It's lawyers turned politicians. Opportunists who collude with private interests to screw Hawai'i and its people over. I don't like politics that's all about profiteering, about prostituting this place to every Tom, Prick and Mary, who happens to have some money to put into some money making venture. Use the land to grow food. Not build more hideous buildings, roads etc. And don't make us foot the bill and lay face down-ass up while they pump millions into their bank accounts because they happen to be tax exempt. I don't think I'll do well at one of these hearings, because I won't be able to stay focused on just their rules. Doing so, validates them. Thanks, Misadventure Gear, for requesting the talking points. I'm glad that you found it helpful and useful. Having said all of this, I'd like to ask everyone to consider supporting the Pele Defense Fund's efforts. Now, more than any other, our help is needed.

Mahalo + Aloha,

b.

KVB
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next