Hawaii Sportsman
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Need tips on how to catch shy dog

3 posters

Go down

Need tips on how to catch shy dog Empty Need tips on how to catch shy dog

Post  uka boaz Sun Feb 03, 2013 7:52 am

Aloha I need some tips and ideas on how to catch my shy dog i just got him 1month ago i had him on one cheap ass chain from walmart came home from work sucka got lose & now he running around da neighbor hood raiseing he'll I need help ASAP MAHALO.
uka boaz
uka boaz
small kine choppers
small kine choppers

Back to top Go down

Need tips on how to catch shy dog Empty Re: Need tips on how to catch shy dog

Post  CAVE CANEM Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:31 am

I'm hoping during the past month you've built some kind of relationship with this dog? Easiest way will be to lure him into a confined area whether that be a fenced yard or if gotta go HIHS and rent a trap, You leave a deposit and get it back when you bring back the trap! I've caught a few combining both of these, Get um in a yard first and then set a trap. If you no more the time for do that and gotta get that dog back tonight it's time for buss out da vienna sausage and make friends! When you say shy, you mean stay 50 yards away at all times kine shy or come close but dart away when you try grab um? He bite if you rope um?

If you gotta entice um in with the sausage grab a chair and have a seat! Reel um in with the bait throw um pretty much to um the first piece and then closer and closer till you throwing um at your feet lettum take couple NO RUSH! I've used this method on pigs, Just no make sudden movements when the dog come in. If he grab and go for run throw another piece for try stop um. When the dog calm down and come in close try hand feed um (1 hand get sausage, the other right above um) try pet um as it grabs the food. If the dog knows rope and ain't having it throw the rope away it will be impossible to rope this dog and if you do it will be a fight and if it slips the rope we've gone back a few steps and can only afford this to happen couple times at most, Feed um till can get hands on.

If he get collar on with a piece chain hanging when you get um close enough just thread a rope through the chain or D ring no need tie or anything. Hard for help you without being able to see exactly what level of skittish the dog is but no get frustrated or yell at um. Hope some of this helped though!
CAVE CANEM
CAVE CANEM
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Need tips on how to catch shy dog Empty Mahalo

Post  uka boaz Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:43 am

Wen i first got him from my friend he told me that da dog only know him and his bro
So i tookum home walked him around da yard a few times with some smokemeat den da next day took him work with me just so dat he knows my sent but with all of dat done he still was shy even wen he see da rope he's gone dis dog knows all da tricks in da book no joke...but anyway I tride all that and stil don't work Mahalo.
uka boaz
uka boaz
small kine choppers
small kine choppers

Back to top Go down

Post  CAVE CANEM Mon Feb 04, 2013 3:38 am

Sedative in da hotdog.
CAVE CANEM
CAVE CANEM
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  ShannonChun Mon Feb 04, 2013 5:08 am

If the dog know pig and u get one yard just play the sound of one pig screaming and he should answer bark then just close the gate...
ShannonChun
ShannonChun
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Need tips on how to catch shy dog Empty Uka boaz

Post  uka boaz Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:14 am

I was thinking of putting my bitch in one big fenced up area and just wait till he smell her and try trap him Mahalo for guys tips.
uka boaz
uka boaz
small kine choppers
small kine choppers

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down