Hawaii Sportsman
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Marlin recipe

4 posters

Go down

Marlin recipe Empty Marlin recipe

Post  bakeplus34pu Fri Dec 18, 2009 6:31 am

Aloha,

My friend caught a big Marlin and gave me some steaks. Does anyone have any ono recipes for Marlin?
Thanks,
Hunter Steve
bakeplus34pu
bakeplus34pu
small kine choppers
small kine choppers

Back to top Go down

Marlin recipe Empty Re: Marlin recipe

Post  UpFront Fri Dec 18, 2009 6:45 am

Most of the larger size Marlin end up smoked, or made into poke. I have made decent bakes with big Marlin steaks before... just coat the steaks with lots of mayonaise, lemon pepper, and some sweet onion. Bake it in the oven, or wrap it in tin foil for the BBQ.
UpFront
UpFront
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  bakeplus34pu Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:11 am

thanks! I'll give it a try. I'm not a huge salt water fish guy, so this may be a silly question, what does the mayo offer? The only thing I can think of is maybe moisture.

I'll let you know how it turns out!

Hunter Steve
bakeplus34pu
bakeplus34pu
small kine choppers
small kine choppers

Back to top Go down

Post  UpFront Sat Dec 19, 2009 5:57 am

bakeplus34pu wrote:thanks! I'll give it a try. I'm not a huge salt water fish guy, so this may be a silly question, what does the mayo offer? The only thing I can think of is maybe moisture.

I'll let you know how it turns out!

Hunter Steve
exactly, it keeps it nice and moist while adding some flavor. You can even mix up some mayo and shoyu for a local style tartar sauce. The only other thing I can think of is maybe try batter it and fry like fishstick style. I used to do that a lot with Spearfish.
UpFront
UpFront
big daddy boar
big daddy boar

Back to top Go down

Post  patuan89 Mon Apr 19, 2010 2:17 am

I have one recipe, hope you'll like it Very Happy

Glasser's Greek Marlin

Ingredients

• 2 (6 ounce) marlin steaks
• 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
• 3 tomatoes, cubed
• 4 ounces fresh basil, chopped
• 1/2 cup butter
• 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).

In a medium-sized pot, melt 1/4 cup butter and 1 teaspoon garlic over a medium-low heat. In a small pot melt the remaining butter and garlic over a medium-low heat.

When the butter in the medium-size pot is melted, stir in the tomatoes, basil, and lime juice. Just before the mixture comes to a boil, reduce the heat to simmer.

Arrange the marlin in a baking pan that will contain them. Pour the butter and garlic from the small pot over the marlin steaks.

Bake the marlin for 7 minutes, then flip the fish over and bake another 7 minutes.

To serve, spoon the tomato mixture over the fish. Also top with a little of the butter and garlic sauce that the fish was cooked in.
patuan89
patuan89
Piglet
Piglet

Back to top Go down

Post  drnguyen Sat Oct 09, 2010 7:15 am

patuan89 wrote:I have one recipe, hope you'll like it Very Happy

Glasser's Greek Marlin

Ingredients

• 2 (6 ounce) marlin steaks
• 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
• 3 tomatoes, cubed
• 4 ounces fresh basil, chopped
• 1/2 cup butter
• 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).

In a medium-sized pot, melt 1/4 cup butter and 1 teaspoon garlic over a medium-low heat. In a small pot melt the remaining butter and garlic over a medium-low heat.

When the butter in the medium-size pot is melted, stir in the tomatoes, basil, and lime juice. Just before the mixture comes to a boil, reduce the heat to simmer.

Arrange the marlin in a baking pan that will contain them. Pour the butter and garlic from the small pot over the marlin steaks.

Bake the marlin for 7 minutes, then flip the fish over and bake another 7 minutes.

To serve, spoon the tomato mixture over the fish. Also top with a little of the butter and garlic sauce that the fish was cooked in.

i like it !:X:X

drnguyen
Piglet
Piglet

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down